GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,186
0 members and 2,186 guests
No Members online

Old 08-29-2004, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, as far as I know, and from what I hear from my recruitment counselor, she has told me that at the Panhellenic meetings, they have told her that Theta is coming back in the spring. I dont know how rush for them will go, but I do know that they're going to be there.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-03-2004, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MoeAU579
I recently rushed at Auburn this past fall and I withdrew...(a long story...)anyways, I think that Theta at Auburn would be a great opportunity for all of the girls that withdrew or were released from recruitment due to not being asked back to any sororities...and we know there were a lot of them. But I was wondering if anyone knew how the rush for this sorority will be done in the spring?
I am a charter member of the Delta Gamma chapter at Auburn and this was the way recruitment was done for us: there was an information meeting, and then the next day, we had one on one interviews. The following day was a preference party, then Bid Day was the next day!

I would love to see Theta return!
Old 09-20-2004, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, thanks for everything! and AUDeltaGam, or anyone, if they here something about Theta at Auburn, lemmie know!
Old 09-29-2004, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to omegamcgee
We're looking for a national, and we're looking at Kappa Alpha Theta seriously. We're at Lyon, here in in Batesville, AR. We're small, but hopefully we'll find someone!!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:21 PM

Best of Luck with that!!!!!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry for crashing, but I'd like to echo kddani's thought: once Pitt's sororities stabilize, Theta needs to return! It's just not the same without Theta!
Old 08-15-2006, 06:26 PM

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has changed their minds since their last post and for new members to this forum to respond

In addition to my list at the beginning of this thread, I would also like to see Theta colonize at the following universities in the state of Kentucky (because I live here!):

Western Kentucky University
University of Louisville
Transylvania University
Georgetown College
Bellarmine University
Northern Kentucky University

Last edited by ThetaPrincess24; 08-15-2006 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BethKAT Send a message via Yahoo to BethKAT
Auburn

I was a KAO at Auburn graduating in 1998. I hope that Theta recolonizes but fixes some problems that were happening when I graduated. We kept getting on social probation for making like a 3.0 AVG but the ASA was a 3.2 or something so the entire sorority got put on social probation and had to cancel all parties previously planned with other sororities and fraternities. I wish they could have just not let those not making grades not go. Well It screwed us over with the rest of the greek organizations and new members and even old members got tired of paying dues and not getting any socials- so many quit and therefore we had money problems. We had great girls but lost many of them for these stupid reasons that our advisors could have prevented). We had one of the most down to earth welcoming sisters at Auburn and I hope that will continue (without regional advisors sending down death sentences on socials which what led to our decolonization)

I talked with someone at nationals and my name is on the list to help out with any recolonization efforts.
I want to bring Theta back with lots of support of alum to make it at such a competitive place like AU. WAR EAGLE And hopefully Well be back!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 10:59 AM

Grades are always a tricky issue. So are finding competent advisors with priorities where they should be and an ABC that works with the entire board on all issues pertaining to the chapter instead of only with a few advisors and keeping the rest in the dark about everything else (except on issues that pertained only to their office).

I want to see us back at Auburn badly!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 01:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaPrincess24 View Post
No need to explain........I know why and I agree with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekgrrl View Post
And, this is kind of odd, I'd like to see a Theta chapter at every school with both a Pi Phi and a Kappa chapter. Don't ask why, I'm not sure I could explain it
I was just looking at Panhellenic websites and was thinking the same thing! Plus every chapter should be able to have Kite and Key.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverie View Post
I was just looking at Panhellenic websites and was thinking the same thing! Plus every chapter should be able to have Kite and Key.

What is Kite & Key? I'm assuming it has something to do with Kappa, but we dont have a Kappa chapter on my campus.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

It's just an event to celebrate that Theta and Kappa were founded in the same year. Some chapters have a formal, others semi-formals, still others do philanthropy together. My chapter has a theme party at a venue in town and our Greek Advisor loves it.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:00 PM

That sounds so cool!
Old 01-15-2007, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

UVa

I'm looking for information regarding Delta Chi chapter at UVa. I found their website. I fear the UVa chapter might be inactive as the info hasn't been updated in some time. My daughter is a high school junior and is visiting UVa, W&L, W&M, Richmond, Vandy, UNC, Emory and more. I want her to also visit the Theta chapters when we visit each campus.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:24 PM

I would contact HQ about that chapter. They will have the most current contact information available for you.