GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,433
2 members and 2,431 guests
navane, PGD-GRAD

Old 07-12-2001, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Post reputations

HI everyone!
Im about to be applying to colleges and am most interested in U of Michigan-Ann Arbor and U of Virginia. Also, I would love to be in a sorority. can anyone tell me the reputations of the sororities at U of Mich and U of Virginia???
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-13-2001, 11:57 PM
UMgirl

Hello, I am a recent grad and sorority girl from UofM. I will give you the stereotypes and the good. Remember though, you should go into rush with an open mind. You will have to go to all 15 houses anyway and this is just my observations and opinions for being there 4 years. This is going to be a little long also.
UM has 15 soros. ALL of which have their positives and negs. There are about 5 soros that most girls try to get into b/c they hear they are fun or whatever. They are Tri-Delt, Theta, DG, Kappa and Sigma Kappa. These usually ahve very large plegde classes (about 50). The pos. thing is that you get to meet alot of girls. The neg to this would be bout time you are a junior, you will have no clue who anyone is in your house. That is what some girls I know who are in these houses say.

A-E-Phi: 85% Jewish.I dont know much about them b/c ppl dont talk about them that much. That is a good thing

A-D-Pi: Nice solid group of girls. Down to earth. Great at Greek Week.

Alpha Phi: Great Girls, known sometimes to be too much into their soro. Very Diverse.

A-Chi-O: Supposedly party girls. Nice girls. However they do have a high deactivation rate. This mostly comes from letting to many girls in and not having enough room. Have the rep as being a lil easy, but they are not.

Alpha Gam- My soro. I will admitt very young which is kind of a neg but they would all be closer to your age. Just got recolonized so everyone is working to restablish the soro so everyone is close. Down to earth, diverse in everything from race to class. Had a few problems with some ppl with what is proper social behavior, but thats all over with.Your girls next door and I love them

Chi-O: Nice girls, beautiful house. I didnt hear about them that much my junior and senior years, but still are pretty popular.

Tri-Delt: Nice girls. Have the rep for being stuck up and money is no object. However plenty of girls in the house work.

DG: Also have a rep for being stuck up, but they really are not. Everyone seems to love them.

D-Phi-E: 99% Jewish. Great girls, really sweet. They have a rep for going in skinny and coming out heavy, but its really not true and a lot of people gain the freshman 15. Really great house. and its right at the rock which everyone loves to paint.

Gamma Phi: Sweet girls. One of the low key houses. Their headquarters loves them b/c they are beta chapter and their alumnae club helps out alot. Have a rep for being annoying.

Theta: Have a rep as being stereotypical sorority. Nice girls. Fraternities like to hang with them. However, many say that they are just a social house and dont do anything besides party. This may not be true.

Kappa: Rep as being very rich girls and snotty. Generally from what I know they are sweet. Good location to classes. Frats love them.

Pi Phi: Know as annoying as hell. But they arent. Kind of low key.

SDT: 98% Jewish. aka Spending Daddy's Trillions. Not one car in their lot is under 25,000. Rep as being snotty, however they have a awesome house. The girls have alot of soul.

Sigma Kappa: Known as party girls and snots. They have alot of good girls in the house. They have a huge house, but I hear the rooms are wayyyy small and not big enough.

Ok, i hoped that helped somewhat. If you have any questions at all feel free to contact me. And if anyone from UM wants to add or knows something different, feel free to correct me or add on

------------------
"Its Great To Be A Mich-igan AGD! "