GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,336
0 members and 2,336 guests
No Members online

Old 08-13-2003, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking another recruitment thread!

I am so unbelievably excited about recruitment and i'm craving for some more threads already. Are we allowed to talk about themes and what everyone's doing during their parties??? and what's everyone wearing????? I wanna know what all the adpi's are up to!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-13-2003, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
Well since I start spirit week on sunday which I am really excited about...I will comment on the little bit that I know for sure of what we are doing...

Info Night (round 1): all the sororities will have a room in either the union or another building on campus...We setup tables around the room with pictures, awards and balloons...What we are wearing is nice jeans, black sandles or flip flops, and a black shirt with adpi in pink I believe in one of the lower corners of the front of the shirt...Our exec had the shirt for district and it was really cute...Other than that the parties our first night are really short...

Philanthropy Night (round 2): This will begin our parties being in our chapter rooms...At NAU there is an all greek dorm where each of the chapters has suites and a chapter room...The decorations for the room this year I am not sure on yet...but what we are wearing is khakis, black sandles or flip flops, and a green shirt that I believe will say "It is hard being humble when your queen of the jungle." I think our project we will be doing that night is to decorate quilt squares, so we can later put together a quilt to give to the RMH...but I am not sure if that was the final decission...

Skit Night (round 3): We will be trying a new skit this year, that I believe is based on TRL...I do know we will are rewording new songs and what not...This is a change since for the past two years we have done The Wizard of Pi for our skit...I think this change will be good though...As for clothes we are wearing black and white pin attire...

Pref Night (final round): Traditionally we have decorated our chapter room with stars and strings of lights...We setup little tables and chairs around the room, and have a center piece in the middle...I am not positive on what we are doing for pref that night though...Other than that we will be in black dresses and wearing our pins...

Bid Day: For bid day...there is the soccer stadium right below the greek hall...So at I believe 10am the pnm go to the stadium and sit on their bids...As they wait all the sororities come singing and cheering down the hill and setup on the field...They then do Rho Chi revealing...and finally the women are able to open their bids...They then come running down to their new sorority...We give them presents then...and we take pictures...then head up to the chapter room for food...after that we move women who are interested and we have space for into mt view (greek res hall)...then that night is alpha ceremony and what not...

Ok...I think I covered the week as best as I can for now...I will know more for sure on sunday night...and will hopefully get a chance to post then...
Old 08-13-2003, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

lucky you! i still have to wait a couple of weeks for our spirit week!

as far as i know, we have to wear a panhellenic t-shirt and khaki shorts for rotationals.
for philanthropy, i believe we're wearing another panhel t-shirt with jean capris and black flipflops
for invitationals i think we're wearing a polo shirt with adpi embroidered on them with black capris and black sandals
for preference, of course black dresses
and then bid day...hmmmm...i don't know what shirt they decided on, i've always wanted to do the "it's hard to be humble when you're the queen of the jungle" i love it

dont' know about philanthropy and rotationals, but for our skit, we're doing ADPi Idol, like American Idol...i'm sure it'll be better than the one they did last year...they were terrible! (but i still loved them anyways!) for preference we do a slide show with nice little stories, and then we write letters and do a huge centerpiece with exotic flowers in it. sounds simple, but it's really very moving.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I dont know if this has already been mentioned but when does everyone's recruitment start?
Old 08-15-2003, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

our first weekend of recruitment is Sept. 6th and 7th and then the following weekend 12th-14th. our work weeks are the week before and the week in between.

o no! i just thought of something HBADPi! If you were planning on coming down to st. louis, i'll have to check b/c the alpha ceremony and loyalty day and all that good stuff might be right when you were planning on being there! o no! i'll let you know! ~kelly
Old 08-15-2003, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Kelly I just sent you a PM
Old 08-15-2003, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
As I said I start spirit week sunday..and the first rounds of recruitment actually begin on wed. aug 20th...and bid day is sunday the 24th...
Old 08-15-2003, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

HBADPi, i just pm'd YOU!
Old 08-21-2003, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

hi sluadpi! it's hbadpi's travelmate

GOOD LUCK ON RECRUITMENT EVERYONE!
how is everything going for you nau adpi? busy, i'm sure, but hope it's all going well!

HB at allegheny college has fall informal recruitment from the beginning of class on the 28 thru the week of the 10th...

bid day is september 13th, and hbadpi and i will get to be up there for it before we start our roadtrip!

~*~