GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,505
4 members and 2,501 guests
TLLK

Old 02-24-2002, 11:33 PM

Lightbulb Conclusion- "women are dumb"....

Got your attention? Good...

This thought has been reoccuring for weeks now, more so in the past week where....I've had a girl I know become pregnant by a guy who "loves" her, although he seems to forget where she now lives...and...had a fraternity brother cheated on by his g/f twice in the last 3 months, and just found out about both. He's the nicest guy anyone will ever meet, and got completeley fucked with emotionally and mentally, he's a damn wreck.

We've all discussed this on this site before, to some extent. Normally, when ladies make no sense to us gentlemen, the ladies of GC clarify answer our inquiry of "why are girls so stupid sometimes?" with "oh, she just has bad judgment" or" she's not worth the effort." I tried to give it all the benefit of the doubt, assuming that it was just bad luck that my buds have been running across these "poor judgment" girls. Then I realized....an overwhelming MAJORITY of women I've met are..in no particular order...
indecisive, overemotional, illogical, in condensed terms...

totally free of rational thought, especially when it invloves admitting to themselves that they actually a) love someone or b) have someone that loves them. Love seems to be what women search for, the whole knight in shining armor deal. Then, when he comes along, he's not asshole enough to spark her interest. No thrill of the hunt, no challenge, she's not interested. Leaving the nice guy alone wondering where he went wrong.

The overall question here is this, posed by a comment my friend Kirsten made "If a guy wants a girl, he has to be a dick, make it seem like he doesn't care, THEN he has to be nice, cause that's what a girl really wants."

Is this the extent of it ladies? No point in being nice till after we've acted out and played the little game of hard to get?

Now, I've seen this, played this game, gotten the girl before, but when I sit and actually think about it, and if this is the truth, there is absolutley VERY LITTLE reason to try and be a gentleman, seeing as the majority of women will ignore that and think you a loser for being nice. Does that make ANY sense?

For some reason, as discussed in a previous post, this mindframe seems to dissapate after a woman nears or hits 30. So, is that it? Don't try to make sense of a woman who won't make sense until she's 30?

Of course, these generalizations don't speak for everyone but, it seems to be way more than just coincidental.

Again, I'll clarify, NOT all women, there are some sweeties out there, not all hope is lost, but quite a few, especially in the age range of 20-25,26. I know it might be just a maturity issue, but, it would be interesting to hear different takes on this.

Last edited by PKTSU01; 02-25-2002 at 12:16 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-24-2002, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Re: Conclusion- "women are dumb"....

Oh wow and my posts draw fire! lol

Quote:
Originally posted by PKTSU01
Then I realized....an overwhelming MAJORITY of women I've met are..in no particular order...

totally free of rational thought, especially when it invloves admitting to themselves that they actually a) love someone or b) have someone that loves them
Old 02-25-2002, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ALPHASIGGRL128
PKTSU01, mabey you and your friends need to re-evaluate the qualities you look for in a girl! Yes we ALL lokok for a challenge. But, we all DONT play with your emotions. I think age and experience has alot to do with things. I hope you realize that there are many beautiful girls out there that are ready for you to make them your princess. Good Luck and PM me if you still need help figuring us out!!!!!!
Andrea
Old 02-25-2002, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
WOW! I'm speechless.
Old 02-25-2002, 12:37 AM

I'm not as sympathetic as Alphasig to characterizing women like you have. I admit there are some girls who may fit your categorization, just like there may be one or two guys of your ilk who are actually mature and could possibly possess some communication skills.

With regard to meeting only girls who are indecisive, overemotional, and illogical--have you tried meeting girls who are out of high school, that may help.

Seriously though, I can tell you are frustrated. Personally, I can't identify with what you've said. Most of the girls I know DO NOT want to play games with guys and can see through most dickheads as you call them.

I have no idea of your circumstances, but try to interact with girls away from clubs or other situations where people of both sexes shift into a players mode. If you want them to appreciate who you are, you have to relate to them in a way that your positive virtues show through. For example, work with some of the girls one on one by helping in one of the philanthropy projects

Last edited by h2oot; 02-25-2002 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-25-2002, 12:41 AM

[

With regard to meeting only girls who are indecisive, overemotional, and illogical--have you tried meeting girls who are out of high school, that may help.

see...there's the frustrating thing. These women I am talking about are not in high school, we're talking later in college, many actually in private sector, well paying jobs. Intellectually smart, good people, just with horrible judgment.
Old 02-25-2002, 12:49 AM

The meeting girls out of high school remark was in jest.
Old 02-25-2002, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by h2oot
The meeting girls out of high school remark was in jest.
i know
Old 02-25-2002, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Conclusion- "women are dumb"....

Quote:
Then I realized....an overwhelming MAJORITY of women I've met are..in no particular order...

totally free of rational thought, especially when it invloves admitting to themselves that they actually a) love someone or b) have someone that loves them.
haha, i actually agree with this - mostly b/c you were non-inclusive with your terminology, you said the majority and not all - most women are indecisive - we want to make everyone happy, our parents, our boyfriends, our friends - so when we are thrown into a situation, where to go for dinner, who's friends to go out with, which family to celebrate thanksgiving with - we don't want to disappoint anyone so we make the guy decided. of course this applies to most - and i can honestly say, it also applies to 'most' of my friends. over-emotional.... haha, yeah, we've all had our experiences with that one, though i'd rather be over emotional than unemotional, i like to feel things, keeps it real. illogical i'm not buying though - damnit i took a logic class and it was hard but i got an A
Old 02-25-2002, 02:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
I'm not as sympathetic as Alphasig to characterizing women like you have. I admit there are some girls who may fit your categorization, just like there may be one or two guys of your ilk who are actually mature and could possibly possess some communication skills.
Don't roll the guy like this - you can't play both sides. You deny the antecedent, then pop off something completely analogous and assert it as true - and then you wonder why he's frustrated? I'm not particularly sympathetic to this sort of editorialization on your part.

Quote:
I have no idea of your circumstances, but try to interact with girls away from clubs or other situations where people of both sexes shift into a players mode. If you want them to appreciate who you are, you have to relate to them in a way that your positive virtues show through. For example, work with some of the girls one on one by helping in one of the philanthropy projects
OK, well this is actually fairly solid advice - but it doesn't really address the OP. One of his stated problems was that girls don't want to appreciate the 'positive virtues' of potential dating prospects - that's part of his frustration. Now, whether or not this is a valid generalization on his part is another argument - but it's subjective, and so perception quickly becomes reality, right?

I wish I could help you more, PKTSU - I think that nearly every guy here can empathize in some way, and most of the girls can come up with similar examples from the other side. That's the biggest problem and simultaneously the biggest draw of relationships - people are dynamic, and they'll never cease to amaze and shock you with the things they'll do, say, or believe.

All I can say is, just keep on - don't sell the farm b/c that's what you think women will respond to. It's frustrating, i know, but it's better than selling yourself out.
Old 02-25-2002, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Arrow Re: Conclusion- "women are dumb"....

Quote:
Then I realized....an overwhelming MAJORITY of women I've met are...

totally free of rational thought, especially when it invloves admitting to themselves that they actually a) love someone or b) have someone that loves them.
Actually, that comment sounds more like men than women...you know, the whole "committment phobia."

For some reason, men always think that women are all crazy, and many women think the same of men. While both sexes have made good points on this thread, all I really have to say is that for as many stupid women there are out there, there is an equal number of stupid men. Maybe the breakdown of idiots-to-rational people in your area is just not proportionate.
Old 02-25-2002, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Conclusion- "women are dumb"....

Quote:
Originally posted by HotDamGam

Actually, that comment sounds more like men than women...you know, the whole "committment phobia."

For some reason, men always think that women are all crazy, and many women think the same of men. While both sexes have made good points on this thread, all I really have to say is that for as many stupid women there are out there, there is an equal number of stupid men. Maybe the breakdown of idiots-to-rational people in your area is just not proportionate.
Well said. I think that there are just as many "dumb boys" as there are "dumb girls". Now if we could just find a way to make sure they found each other and left the rest alone...
Old 02-25-2002, 09:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Conclusion- "women are dumb"....

Quote:
Originally posted by KarenC725
Now if we could just find a way to make sure they found each other and left the rest alone...
Karen, if you could do that, I think you should be the next President!
Old 02-25-2002, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh, I have ideas but I'm not sure any are legal or ethical! Gosh, I sound like Dr. Evil
Old 02-25-2002, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Hmmm....well, I won't go into a tirade because I figure you just wrote half that stuff to geta reaction.

With regards to your fraternity brother who got cheated on, I hate to let you in on this little secret but college isn't exactly a breeding ground for healthy, respectful relationships. Further, the fact is that many more men than women are unfaithful. Go into any sorority house (or classroom for that matter)and ask how many women have been cheated on vs. how many have cheated. I think you would be surprised. I also think that maybe that the maturity of the women (and men) you know is the major reason why you have such a bad impression of women and what they want. Give it a few years and I think you'll be in a very different spot.
It sounds like unfortunately you have had some bad experiences, so I can understand your skepticism. But don't place labels on women in general. That could be part of the problem you're having. You expect the worst and seem to be getting it. How are you expecting to have a reasonably healthy relationship when you're priority is playing games?

As far as women liking Bad boys who treat them like shit, that's what a lot of men like to think, for some reason. I don't know any women who enjoy being treated like crap and who go looking for it. Well, I'm sure there are women who like that but they're usually on Jerry Springer or Jenny Jones and have major issues. So basically, I think that assumption a poor misconception that a lot of men use to explain why they are single. :rolleyes

In any case, good luck!