GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,245
2 members and 2,243 guests
bmaimusmaarleya, Xidelt

Old 05-14-2000, 02:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Question swethearts

sorry for the sp in "sweethearts"
Hi everyone,
I don't mean any disrespect to any sororities but is it true that "sweethearts" are supposed to have sex, with their fraternity brothers? I heard this numerous times and I'm just curious.
Thanks in advance

[This message has been edited by matos (edited May 14, 2000).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-14-2000, 09:38 AM
aprilAGD

Angry

That is not true at all. I was a Sammy (Sigma Alpha Mu) Sweetheart. you don't need to sleep with the brothers to be one, that is actually not what it is about at all. Rather you are a woman who supports the fraternity in thier activities. For example, you attend philanthropy events, you help put up rush fliers etc. Actually, It is probably better if you don't sleep with them for the fact that once you have they will no longer respect you, and you will end up being the bad guy that came between the brothers
Old 05-14-2000, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I have to second that. I was a Sigma Phi Epsilon Sweetheart and all of the time I spent in the house consisted of talking with brothers, helping them decorate their house and plan events, etc., not sleeping with them.

I DO know, however, that some chapters use sweethearts in that manner, so I guess it depends on the chapter and the school.
Old 05-14-2000, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

It is very sad and disrespectful that some chapters use their house sweethearts that way. In my time, the house sweetheart was the girlfriend of a brother, and I hope that none of my brothers would consider using them for sex. That's just wrong.
Old 05-14-2000, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
I would agree that sex is not what having a sweetheart was about at my campus, either. And if it was.. who would want to be one?

Something else, our fraternities had sweethearts, and so did our sororities. (And no, they didn't use the guys for sex, either !)

Most (maybe all, I don't remember) chapters had lil' bros/lil' sis' as well.

All of them (sweethearts, lil bro's, and lil sis') were usually (not always) Greeks in another chapter who supported the chapter they were the sweetheart, etc. to.. that's how they got chosen in the first place. They helped out with stuff, showed up at functions to support us, etc.

If I had to define them, (on my campus, anyways) sweethearts and lil's were just friends of the chapter who did enough to show their love + support that the chapter wanted to recognize them as such.

------------------
SilverTurtle@greekchat.com
Phi Beta Fraternity
Phi chapter
Old 05-15-2000, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by matos:
sorry for the sp in "sweethearts"
Hi everyone,
I don't mean any disrespect to any sororities but is it true that "sweethearts" are supposed to have sex, with their fraternity brothers? I heard this numerous times and I'm just curious.
Thanks in advance

Thanks for explaining that information to me.

[This message has been edited by matos (edited May 14, 2000).]
Old 05-15-2000, 09:04 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
Talking

I've heard that one too. But the last thing you want to do to become a fratenity's sweetheart is sleep with them. I have been a Sigma Chi sweetheart nominee the past couple of years and they actually look down on the girls sleeping around just for a nod or a chance to win. If you do have to sleep with them to win I wouldn't want to be that fraternity's sweetheart, I mean what does that say about the members of that chapter!