GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,579
0 members and 2,579 guests
No Members online

Old 09-16-2011, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face Question about Accepting a bid !!

I was going through formal panhellenic recruitment during the fall but I dropped before pref bc I only got one invite back from the only one house i DID NOT WANT. They invited me back for an informal rush process bc they did not meet their quota. I've gone to a few of their rush events and I've realized that I really don't fit into that chapter. Point of the story is that I plan to go through informal recruitment during the spring and only rush the houses that I choose, but I was wondering, If this chapter offers me a bid right now, and I decline, will I still be allowed to participate in Spring rush ?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-16-2011, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes. unless you accept the bid, sign a COB acceptance binding agreement or an MRABA as determined by your Panhellenic, then no

Last edited by ElieM; 09-16-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousrush View Post
I was going through formal panhellenic recruitment during the fall but I dropped before pref bc I only got one invite back from the only one house i DID NOT WANT. They invited me back for an informal rush process bc they did not meet their quota. I've gone to a few of their rush events and I've realized that I really don't fit into that chapter. Point of the story is that I plan to go through informal recruitment during the spring and only rush the houses that I choose, but I was wondering, If this chapter offers me a bid right now, and I decline, will I still be allowed to participate in Spring rush ?
Yes, as long as you don't take it.

I also would suggest not continuing to attend their events if you KNOW 100% that you wouldn't take a bid from them. Just to aviod wasting their time and yours. Of course that is up to you. Good luck!

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

awww thanks guys ! i feel a lot better now !
Old 09-28-2011, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

The one year rule only applies to any bid you receive from a chapter you listed on your MRABA at the end of formal recruitment or any accepted (signed) bid outside of formal recruitment.

It's there to prevent PNMs from listing all their chapters in hopes of getting their fave as a QA if they plan to decline a bid from a certain chapter (which would make quota artificially high). This is why PNMs should only list chapters they would accept on their MRABA.

I'm glad you gave this chapter a shot after formal recruitment to get a different look at them. Keep in mind, not all chapters on your campus may be participating in informal recruitment. Realize that depending on your campus, this chapter may be the only chance for you to be Greek.

You don't have to answer this, just something for you to think about, if you were released from all chapters except the one you don't want, why will they want you next time? Take time to think about why you may have been cut and what you can do to improve, whether it's "on paper" qualifications or presentation/conversation or knowing chapter members.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Alrighty, thank you very much ! When I found out I wasn't invited back to any of the houses I was devastated. I figured, however, that since this house liked me enough to choose me I should at least give them a shot. So after going to a few of their rush events, I found that we are NOT COMPATIBLE at all. I can't explain it, but you can feel when something is for you and when it isn't . Its like going on an awkward date 10 times in a row. If its' not meant to be, its just not meant to be. And I wanted to re-rush, bc One of my friends who is in the chapter I wanted to be apart of thinks I should do informal and I guess If i don't make it for the 2nd time I'll just take it as, maybe greek life just isn't for me.