GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,459
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, aolviatopz5295
» Online Users: 1,650
0 members and 1,650 guests
No Members online

Old 02-25-2015, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
Ok ok ok
I'm not uncomfortable with you! It's the non-Greek parent coming here, stirring the pot, that was not right, IMO. If it is public info, like 33 said, it would be all over those other two sites.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-25-2015, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
You know, I'm really uncomfortable with the information that stbemtpynest posted, simply because I suspect she obtained the information from her daughter and it wasn't her information to share. And I don't know if Indiana does make that information public. The fact that she (stb) went and deleted posts suggests that my suspicion is correct.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (specifically calling on AZ-Alpha Xi here) but that sort of information (at ARIZONA) is not shared publicly.

ETA: maybe I'm wrong, that's okay - I'm still uncomfortable.

I did read all her posts from when her daughter went through and accepted a bid from an unhoused chapter. I hope that the mother's blabbermouth won't harm the daughter, because that just isn't fair to the daughter IMO. The mother needs to step away from the keyboard when it comes to Indiana recruitment.

One more thing - my autocorrect keeps fighting me on "emtpy" and I can't even pronounce it.
You are correct, AZTheta, Arizona statistics are given out on a need to know basis.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradesTrue View Post
Good for IU and the chapters. We aren't going to get our wish of quota/total in the next few years, but incremental increasing of their definition of quota won't have all the problems that they think it will. These girls in the 50 member pledge classes will not know any different than having 50 girls in their pledge class. Interestingly there were a lot of chapters that had exactly that number, including some who historically take much less, so it does appear that Panhellenic put that suggestion out and many took it.
I was at the meeting where the information that emptynest posted was discussed. Nothing she posted was incorrect, but I do not know if the information was for public consumption yet, or ever. I had some interaction with her last year, and my impression is that she shared the information not knowing she shouldn't. I truly do not think she meant any harm.

Panhellenic voted an approved a minimum quota for next year. All chapters must take at least 50, however they may take more. Now that almost every chapter has a live out policy, I would assume that many more chapters should be open to QAs than they have been in the past.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:04 PM

Is the 50 minimum a vote from Panhellenic or a dictate from the school administration? I would be more comfortable with the latter.

Complete lack of pc ahead: per irishpipes' thread, two of the smallest pledge classes were those in the two historically Jewish sororities. Is that because of the religious aspect or just because their physical plants are smaller?
Old 02-25-2015, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Is the 50 minimum a vote from Panhellenic or a dictate from the school administration? I would be more comfortable with the latter.
Panhellenic vote.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I am curious to see how some chapters will react to the minimum, especially the chapters that have historically taken smaller new member classes
Old 02-25-2015, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
I'm not uncomfortable with you! It's the non-Greek parent coming here, stirring the pot, that was not right, IMO. If it is public info, like 33 said, it would be all over those other two sites.
No problem, ladies! If the information on pledge classes & other stats was not for public dissemination, unlike universities in my experience, then I agree that it shouldn't be posted here. I am just used to those numbers being pretty commonly published.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
I was at the meeting where the information that emptynest posted was discussed. Nothing she posted was incorrect, but I do not know if the information was for public consumption yet, or ever. I had some interaction with her last year, and my impression is that she shared the information not knowing she shouldn't. I truly do not think she meant any harm.

Panhellenic voted an approved a minimum quota for next year. All chapters must take at least 50, however they may take more. Now that almost every chapter has a live out policy, I would assume that many more chapters should be open to QAs than they have been in the past.
Re: the bolded. You didn't come here and share it. You attended the meeting. She did not. I am not upset with thetalady for sharing what the parent (stb--nest) posted and then deleted. At thetalady's campus, those numbers are apparently public. At mine, they are not.

How can Panhellenic tell the chapters that they must take quota? Isn't that up to each chapter? Please help me understand that, because I'm pretty sure I understand something differently when it comes to quota.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Since each chapter sets their own quota at IU, I think they are saying it can't be below 50. ..if I am understanding the post correctly. Which I think is fine as it will force some upward and help ease them into full RFM whenever that comes about.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:27 PM

^^^yes this. The light bulb just switched on in my head. They have to set quota at 50 minimum, but as with any other school, they don't HAVE to take quota. however, as with any other school, they're going to have to explain to their nationals why they didn't. The only difference here is that quota can be set in advance instead of relying solely on the number of PNMs.

Last edited by 33girl; 02-25-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ got it. Thank you Titchou and 33girl.

I like what ComradesTrue wrote, above and I see that as how this change is going to happen. Gradually. Over time.