GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,244
2 members and 2,242 guests
Cookiez17, John

Old 08-18-2003, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

You just might get invited back to some of the ones you missed, especially if Greek Life explains your situation, so make sure you have enough categories to cover all the GLOs!

I'm so glad your rush experience took a turn for the better--good luck!!!
Old 08-18-2003, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

i decided to do ice cream names, since my sister just brought me some german chocolate cake ice cream. yum! i deserve it after today =) i am also going to add some more details to my earlier post, so if you want you can go back and read some more.

Last edited by Moxie; 08-18-2003 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-18-2003, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Some of my best friends were in GLOs at LSU. I love LSU and I have some friends still there that are active in a GLO, they are way younger than me. Anyway, have fun!

Hotty Toddy!
GO REBELS!
See ya at the LSU/Ole Miss Game in Oxford!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
I'm so happy for you! Good luck!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 08-19-2003, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainbowbrightCS
Ok here is moxies schedule for this week.

(i know Im a nerd)

http://appl003.lsu.edu/slas/greekaffairs2.nsf/index
Chris
Thanks! I'm a nerd too!
Moxie - I am so excited that you were able to attend parties today! I can't wait for your update on them! Hopefully panhellenic will explain why you missed the first round to the other four groups, and they will include you for at least one more round! Best of luck to you!
Old 08-19-2003, 07:42 AM
GreekChat Member

all good, moxie...
fingers and toes crossed...
Old 08-19-2003, 08:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Do we know which of the sororities Moxie was able to go to? It sounded like she named them put I guess she changed the post before I could read it. I'm so glad she was able to rush! Yeah!
Old 08-19-2003, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

i just got back from seeing my invitations. i'm somewhat disappointed, but at the same time i understand that the system can be "blah" and i try not to take it personally.

out of the 6 parties i attended yesterday, i only got invited back to ONE. the one i got invited back to was COFFEE.

i did, however, get an invite to one of the groups i DIDN'T get to see at all. we shall call them...PECAN PRALINE.

i'm pretty upset that i didn't get to see more of VANILLA or especially STRAWBERRY. i thought i really hit it off with the latter, and it was definitely my favorite house of yesterday =( yes, i'm upset - but i'll be ok.

oh well...i'm glad that i at least get to continue. i asked that both of my parties get scheduled for tomorrow, so i won't have more to update until then. i do have a meeting with my gamma chi group tonight, but i guess that's mostly just to pick up my schedule. i haven't gotten the chance to know her very well, so maybe i will try to talk to her about things later.

:::sigh:::
all is not lost. once i saw my invites, i thought about withdrawing...but i think i'll give it one more shot. the disappointment just eats at you sometimes, especially since i went in with a bit of confidence.

thanks to all of you for the support! sorry i don't have more to report :/

Last edited by Moxie; 08-19-2003 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

you keep going! someone very wise said that it doesnt matter how many you get invited back to, cause you can only join one!
Old 08-19-2003, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

well, that is great to be invited back. I can't wait to hear more about coffee and pecan praline.

Have fun and keep us updated.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, as we all know, any invites at LSU is a good thing! And the invite without even attending is great! Who knows, maybe you will love pecan praline!!!! Good luck to you!
Old 08-19-2003, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on your invites, Moxie! I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed. You said that you really liked Coffee, and I'm very glad that you get to go back there! And who knows? Pecan Praline might end up being the house for you! Plus, LSU sounds like a tough rush, and you are hanging in there. Good luck!!
Old 08-19-2003, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Moxie! I hope you're having fun.. It's crazy to think we're going through the same thing at the same time, without knowing each other at all!

I think I might have an inkling as to who coffee is.. and if it's what I'm thinking.. go with it!! I've heard SUCH great things about them and they really impressed me too. Who knows! We might just be sisters on saturday!!
Old 08-19-2003, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Mox,
From your descrption it sounds like coffee is a great group! Also interested in hearing how Pecan Praline goes. Good luck!
Old 08-19-2003, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Moxie: Cuts SUCK. There's no way around it. They hurt. Yet, you still got invited back to two groups. Enjoy your second round, hun, and best wishes!