GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,154
1 members and 2,153 guests
Overthinker

Old 07-13-2001, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Thanks x 1000

A few months ago, amidst the anxiety and stress of preparing recs/resume's for fall rush, I stumbled across this website, and decided to check it out. Never would I have been able to imagine just how much it would help me! As I made my first posts, filled with dozens of questions and rediculous concerns, I started to relax, and realize that I wasn't the only one who was stressed and nervous about rush, and that all the sorority girls on here, had been there too. And they were answering all of our questions, and subsequently easing our troubled minds, all from experience.

That being said, I would like to thank all of you for all the advice and counseling you give us future rushees!! You have no idea how much it has helped us. Rushing is something that I've wanted to do my whole life. I'm an only child, so I've never had the experience of having sisters. And that's something that will mean so much to me. I've always loved meeting people, and making new friends. So now, instead of being nervous and aprehensive about rush, I'm so excited and anxious!!! You all gave me a whole new outlook on rush and greek life!! And I just want to say "thanks"!!!

Are there any girls on here who are going to the University of Alabama next year!??!!? If so, you guys email me!! I'd love to hear from you!! We are gonna have so much fun next year!! I am sooo excited!! But you guys email me at amby657@yahoo.com!!
Can't wait to hear from you!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-13-2001, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I also have to say thanks to everyone! Without having all of the help that I have gotten on here, I don't know where I would be. It's wonderful reading the stories about girls who are about to go through recruitment(augh-I hate that word-rush is so much easier) with me-even though, technically, I won't be going through rush with ya'll since I go to a different school. I just want to say thanks for all of the advice from everyone; it's been so much help. I don't know where I would be without the help (I couldn't have finished my resume that's for sure). As for my fellow fall rushees, it's going to be a blast. I look forward to calling some of you "sisters" in the future!!! I'm getting so excited!!
Old 07-13-2001, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HeidiHo
I found this site a year ago, and know I wouldn't have gone through if I hadn't gotten all the inside info from greekchat. I really thought that I was going to walk up to a house by myself and have all the pressure on me to talk to the girls. I never would have guessed that there would be rush groups and rho chis. I really never thought that the houses would put so much effort into making everyone feel welcome.
I want to say thank you to everyone who helped me when I first found GC, and you're welcome to all the new kids on the block who'll be experiencing recruitment this coming year. This really is a great resource.
Heidi
Old 07-14-2001, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi everyone! Tidegirl, I'm rushing in the same state as you (AL) but at a different school, so I can definitely feel the pending anxiety of getting through southern rush! I totally agree, all the sorority women on this website have my utmost respect. They have given such incredible advice, and I now that I know more of the inside story I'll be much less nervous or what to expect!!! I am not a legacy to any sorority, nor did I have a clue of how to approach anybody about getting recs before I found this site! I'm just looking forward to the rush experience itself, and *hopefully* the idea of being able to call some of these awesome women sisters in the near future!

Oh yeah...I've also "met" some wonderful, polite fraternity men through this site...BillyMac, Kevin, CorbinDallas, you guys are the greatest!

[This message has been edited by orchid2 (edited July 14, 2001).]
Old 07-15-2001, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

orchid,
Where in Alabama do you go to school? I also go to school there. Not the University of Alabama, but another Alabama school.
Old 07-15-2001, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by TideGirl657:
A few months ago, amidst the anxiety and stress of preparing recs/resume's for fall rush, I stumbled across this website, and decided to check it out. Never would I have been able to imagine just how much it would help me! As I made my first posts, filled with dozens of questions and rediculous concerns, I started to relax, and realize that I wasn't the only one who was stressed and nervous about rush, and that all the sorority girls on here, had been there too. And they were answering all of our questions, and subsequently easing our troubled minds, all from experience.

That being said, I would like to thank all of you for all the advice and counseling you give us future rushees!! You have no idea how much it has helped us. Rushing is something that I've wanted to do my whole life. I'm an only child, so I've never had the experience of having sisters. And that's something that will mean so much to me. I've always loved meeting people, and making new friends. So now, instead of being nervous and aprehensive about rush, I'm so excited and anxious!!! You all gave me a whole new outlook on rush and greek life!! And I just want to say "thanks"!!!

Are there any girls on here who are going to the University of Alabama next year!??!!? If so, you guys email me!! I'd love to hear from you!! We are gonna have so much fun next year!! I am sooo excited!! But you guys email me at amby657@yahoo.com!!
Can't wait to hear from you!!
Wow! You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm going through rush in August and this website has been so helpful. Anyone going through rush at LSU feel free to email me, I'd love to chat.

Old 07-16-2001, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Greek_Girl:
orchid,
Where in Alabama do you go to school? I also go to school there. Not the University of Alabama, but another Alabama school.
Jacksonville State University! What about you?
Old 07-16-2001, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

orchid-
I go to the University of North Alabama. Shoot, I was thinking for a few minutes that I had made a new friend to go through rush with!!!
Old 07-16-2001, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Greek_Girl:
orchid-
I go to the University of North Alabama. Shoot, I was thinking for a few minutes that I had made a new friend to go through rush with!!!
Hey greek girl! I'm not going to UNA, but I'm from Florence! Are you from here or just here for school? Good luck with rush this fall!

Old 07-16-2001, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

You are from Florence? That's so cool. I'm not from there, I just go to school in Alabama. I actually live in Tennessee.
Old 07-16-2001, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Its so cool that there are so many of us from AL! Are you Bama girls planning to meet each other before rush or anything?
Old 07-16-2001, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't believe that there are so many of us that are going through rush in Alabama. :0 Where is Jacksonville State? Where is Tuskegee? I have heard of both of them, but I don't know where they are.
Old 07-16-2001, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

It is really great to have so many girls from Alabama going through rush! Greek girl is there one sorority that you're really interested in at UNA or are you just kinda open to all of them? I know they're all very good sororities!!

Old 07-17-2001, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
Arrow

Tidegirl,

I'm an only child too so I know how you feel! It's a great feeling to say that instead of being an only child I now have 50 great, loving sisters.

Anyway, I just wanted to wish you good luck as you go through rush, and please keep us posted! I really do love this site. It's like we are all united! It's one big support system.

------------------
"We're not good because we're old. We're old because we're good!"
Old 07-18-2001, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

I have good friends in two of the sororities at UNA. I really don't know anyone in the other two. So, of course, I'm drawn to the two where I know people. But, I'm definantly not making up my mind until I meet girls in the other sororities. My friends in sororities are taking the pressure off. They are all like we would love for you to be in our sorority, but if it's not for you, don't feel pressured to be part of us. I have some wonderful, understanding friends!!!