GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,125
2 members and 1,123 guests
PGD-GRAD, zabryashulze790

Old 03-06-2014, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Indiana University - NPC predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
Indiana University has voted for further expansion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
To fuel the speculation/hysteria, the only NPCs not already on campus are:

Sigma Kappa (Tau chapter 1918-1994)
Sigma Sigma Sigma (Epsilon Xi chapter 1989-1994)
Phi Sigma Sigma
Alpha Sigma Tau
Let's start the insanity!

- Do you think all 4 groups will want to colonize?

- There have been 3 new colonies/chapters added in the last 3 years. Do you think there will be a stacked expansion?

- What will happen first: All 26 NPCs have chapters at IU, or IU changes its recruitment system/format?

- Do you think having more unhoused chapters will help those chapters during recruitment, or will it separate them further from the housed chapters in PNMs' minds?

Discuss!

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 03-06-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-06-2014, 04:35 PM

I don't know if the 4 groups not currently on campus will colonize, but I do know that the Greek Life director/office has stated that they would like all 26 NPC organizations on campus by 2020 (or 2024 at the latest).

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 03-06-2014, 05:13 PM

I think that the more unhoused groups come on without CONCRETE housing plans with a CONCRETE date, the more 2 separate Greek systems will take shape (that includes the unhoused/not housed on campus land fraternities). As it is now, a girl with max pref options could consist of all unhoused groups and lots of rushees will not like that.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I think that the more unhoused groups come on without CONCRETE housing plans with a CONCRETE date, the more 2 separate Greek systems will take shape (that includes the unhoused/not housed on campus land fraternities). As it is now, a girl with max pref options could consist of all unhoused groups and lots of rushees will not like that.
I completely agree, and I don't think the other groups will necessarily have any interest in being a part of that.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 03-06-2014, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

The problems at Indiana are entirely of their making. Let them solve it on their own. Don't expect other NPC groups to come on campus and fix it for you.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Why does the house make an experience? With the addition of D Phi E, Alpha Sigma Alpha, and Theta Phi Alpha colonizing with good numbers and being able to have similar sized new member classes, they seem to be doing fine owning the fact that they are unhoused. I am sure if the remaining 4 groups are OK colonizing at Indiana without a house, they too will be successful in their own right. Who is everyone to judge their experience without a house?

Even with the addition of 4 more unhoused chapters, unless Indiana makes the change to Quota / Total, too many women will still be without a house. AND I am sure many women would rather be in a SORORITY at IU than not.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Do the current unhoused groups have concrete plans for housing in the near future?

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 03-06-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridentia View Post
Why does the house make an experience? With the addition of D Phi E, Alpha Sigma Alpha, and Theta Phi Alpha colonizing with good numbers and being able to have similar sized new member classes, they seem to be doing fine owning the fact that they are unhoused. I am sure if the remaining 4 groups are OK colonizing at Indiana without a house, they too will be successful in their own right. Who is everyone to judge their experience without a house?

Even with the addition of 4 more unhoused chapters, unless Indiana makes the change to Quota / Total, too many women will still be without a house. AND I am sure many women would rather be in a SORORITY at IU than not.
Are you familiar with the situation concerning bed rush at IU? Have you read the previous IU threads?

I'm hoping that the times have changed enough at IU that our experience will be different than it was in the 1990s. However, even if they get rid of bed quota, not having a house on a campus where most of the groups have large and beautiful houses is usually not a point in a group's favor.

Last edited by 33girl; 03-06-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

All 26 will be represented before IU changes from bed rush BUT chapters will slowly start going over their totals by a few each year. "We're not changing the rules, but we ARE going to let 5 seniors (or some other ridiculously small number) live out. And inevitably when it turns out the sky doesn't fall because of 5 seniors living out, it will move to 10, to 20 to the majority of seniors living out.

I personally think there is a place for unhoused chapters as a counterpoint to the uber-exclusion of the chapter houses now and they will continue to succeed, providing they maintain high standards and keep a very visible social profile. But in the next 10 years, one could fail and people will see it as a sign that it was NEVER going to work. But then the sun will rise again and the other unhoused chapters will be just fine. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular. You can't expect all this growth and have 100% success.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
I thought one of the groups not at IU already turned down a chance to colonize there. Just because the school wants all 26 doesn't mean it is calling all of the shots.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
I thought one of the groups not at IU already turned down a chance to colonize there. Just because the school wants all 26 doesn't mean it is calling all of the shots.
Yes, at least 1 has said no recently.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:45 AM

And another (I assume we're talking of 2 different ones) has stated they will not even present unless they have a guarantee of a house.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
And another (I assume we're talking of 2 different ones) has stated they will not even present unless they have a guarantee of a house.
Define "house". Are we talking comperable housing to the current houses groups, dorm wings, or townhouses?

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 03-07-2014, 12:53 PM

I'm pretty sure they said comparable on campus house.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope the last 4 wait and this makes the school fix the issues they are having first. Yes it would be nice to have all 26 on one campus but I think we in to do it in a way that it is going to be successful and last.