GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,731
2 members and 1,729 guests
Cookiez17
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

switching organzations

I know this may be a touchy subject for some, but for me I have to get the answers my heart needs to move on. Switching from one organization to a next, that is my issue as of right now. My freshman year I found a sorority that I wanted to join. I did my research on a national basis, but when it came down to finding info. On my local chapter, I could not find anything but the basic history. I decided to get to know one of them to find out what are they doing now, but no info. was given to me. I did not want to take advice from a non Greek about the organization so, basically I had to go on what I knew and observed. I attended events, (we all know that is the least factor) and I tried my best to try to get to know them. And I did express interest. They turned out to be really rude girls. So, I tried to brush it off, but some stuff was not that easy to take. I told my best friend and she said if I get on, I can possible make a little bit of change by just being different and really appreciating those that support them. I took her advice. Well, I found out about rush from my friend that was also interested so, I decided to go. It turned out that it was an underground line. And I and about 20 other girls were turned away. That’s when all the info. I was searching for to make my decision was out in the open. Everyone started to talk about how horrible they are and etc. I peeped that a little in their meetings but also on an individual basis only a few were really nice and approachable. The aka’s were suspended nationally when I was doing my research for a sorority and the girls that were there before the incident graduated. Now, I want to switch because they are back and doing very great things for our campus and community. They are doing the things I thought that the other sorority was doing. This is hard but those of you that are AKA’s how would you view someone like me?
Old 11-22-2004, 08:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorors and SF's, please feel free to respond via PM if you feel so moved. This thread is being closed for reasons stated in the POW.

Have a good day!
Closed Thread