GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,988
1 members and 2,987 guests
No Members online

Old 01-06-2012, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay!! More more more Rooting for Jenny!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-06-2012, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

just like gfoing throught it all again!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Day 4: Preferentials Night

Finally, Prefs Night was here. The night where I would (I hoped) find the sorority house for me. I had my three favorites; Margaret, Hamish, and Jenny; and also three other houses that I would be willing to accept a bid from, and go through the New Member period to see if I was a fit (but that I wasn’t over the moon about); Ian, Claire, and Dougall. I knew that tonight was my last chance to prove to these girls why I deserved a place in their sorority, and how much I had to offer them in return.

All day I was so anxious to meet my Rho Gammas and get my envelope with my invitations. I hoped I had three, and I really hoped that Margaret had been there. They had been my favorite house after Philanthropy Round the day before.

Lizzie and I got ready, all dressed up, and spent quite some time making sure our hair and makeup was perfect. We went over to meet our Rho Gammas and receive our invitations. I ripped mine open to see:
Hamish
Claire
Jenny

“… No Margaret? Why is it that every time I have a new favorite, they disappear off my list?” I was shocked! But then I had to remind myself that I still had two favorites on my list, and a full schedule for Prefs to boot! Lizzie was visiting two houses, Laoghaire and Brianna. It was now that I realized we had no chance of becoming sisters.

I wished Lizzie luck and headed over with a group of PNMs to Hamish. I was greeted by the sister I had spent some time with the day before, so I was really excited to see her again. The ceremony here was beautiful, and it really seemed to speak to me personally. I was pretty sure that I was going to rank Hamish first on my card at the end of the night.

Next on my schedule was Claire. The ceremony here was again gorgeous, but I still didn’t feel that click with these girls. I felt terrible for this, because there was absolutely no reason for it – these women were all devoted to each other and their philanthropy, but it just wasn’t right for me. I knew that I was going to rank Claire last. If I got a bid from them, I would go through my NM period and try to find a niche, but I hoped it wouldn’t come to that.

At long last it was on to Jenny, my last Recruitment party before filling in my final bid card. As I was walking up the stairs, I had butterflies in my stomach. Here I was paired up with an active I had seen, but not spoken to all week. She told me how she’d heard all about me, but had really wanted the opportunity to speak to me herself. The ceremony here was … so perfect that words can’t describe it. I was in tears. I was mortified, but I knew in that moment, that this was the house for me. I could go to another house, and be satisfied, or I could come here and be exhilarated, and know that I had got the most from my university experience.

After leaving Jenny’s party, I met up with my Rho Gamma. I knew how I Was going to rank my houses:
Jenny,
Hamish
Claire

As I went to hand in my bid card, B asked me if I was sure. I just grinned and told her I was positive. Walking back with Lizzie, I asked her how her night had gone. She said that she had loved both Laoghaire and Brianna; and had had to really think about who to put first, although she knew she would be perfectly happy at either of the houses. At this point, the waiting game began. I prayed that neither of us would get that dreaded phone call …
Old 01-08-2012, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

BID DAY!!!

I woke up really early the next day. I hadn’t received a phone call, so I knew that today was the day that I would be welcomed to my sorority. Lizzie had also not received a call, so we headed over to meet up our Rho Gammas for the last time. We were each given an envelope, and told not to open it until we were given permission. It was so aggravating knowing that I held my future in my hands, and that I had to wait still longer to find out.

First was the Rho Gamma reveal. A was a Roger, B was a Jenny, and C was a Jocasta. Finally, we were permitted to open our envelopes, I ripped mine open to see that I was a …

….

…..

JENNY!!!!!!!!!!

….

….

AKA a ZETA TAU ALPHA!!!!!!!

Lizzie had received a bid to Brianna, AKA Alpha Delta Pi which she was over the moon about. At this point we had to separate to join our new sisters (of which B was one!) and make our way over to our active sisters who were waiting for us.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I love a Zeta ending! Congratulations and ZLAM!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Great story!

I love these retro stories after the dust has settled. They are so reflective and have an honesty about them.

Last edited by Just interested; 01-09-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 01-09-2012, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Any possibility of the key to the other chapters...at least the ones you preffed?

Thanks for the well-written story. I love these retro ones!

Also hoping to see some recruitment stories from this semester. I know that Indiana just concluded theirs...always an interesting read due to their unique "bed quota" system.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats to you and Zeta!

ΑΓΔ
Old 01-12-2012, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Love the story... Sorry I have been absent..Congrats!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPNMStory View Post
I woke up really early the next day. I hadn’t received a phone call, so I knew that today was the day that I would be welcomed to my sorority. Lizzie had also not received a call, so we headed over to meet up our Rho Gammas for the last time. We were each given an envelope, and told not to open it until we were given permission. It was so aggravating knowing that I held my future in my hands, and that I had to wait still longer to find out.

First was the Rho Gamma reveal. A was a Roger, B was a Jenny, and C was a Jocasta. Finally, we were permitted to open our envelopes, I ripped mine open to see that I was a …

….

…..

JENNY!!!!!!!!!!

….

….

AKA a ZETA TAU ALPHA!!!!!!!

Lizzie had received a bid to Brianna, AKA Alpha Delta Pi which she was over the moon about. At this point we had to separate to join our new sisters (of which B was one!) and make our way over to our active sisters who were waiting for us.
Congrats on Zeta!

On a side note. I love that my name ended up being my sorority.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt