GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,337
2 members and 2,335 guests
PrettyBoy

Old 12-30-2009, 01:51 AM
GreekChat Member

A Storybook Recruitment!

I go to a medium sized school, where the greek life is fairly competitive, but nothing horrible. I wanted to rush this fall, because I was a competitive gymnast all through high school, and my teammates were like my sisters. I was hoping to recreate these bonds with future sorority sisters!

There of 7 sororities at my school. I will be giving them storybook character code names

Goldilocks
Little Red Riding Hood
The Queen of Hearts
Little Bo Peep
Alice in Wonderland
Dorothy
Raggedy Ann

There are 4 rounds to rush
1: The meet and greet parties, visit all 7 houses
2: Philanthropy/Sisterhood, visit a max of 5 houses
3: Skit night, max of 4 houses
4: Preferance night, max of 3 houses

So, here goes!

Round 1:

Alice in Wonderland: This was the first house I visited. Their house was one of the smaller ones, but it was still cute. The girls I talked to were all friendly, but none of us had a really good connection, and I didn't know if I could have a real sisterly bond with them. I got an okay impression of the house.

Dorothy: The girls in the house were cheering and clapping when we arrived, to welcome us. Their house was really cute, and it was a good size. The girls I talked to were SO friendly, and I really connected with a few, and felt like we could be instant friends. I thought this house was awesome!

Raggedy Ann: I had heard tent talk that this was the worst house on campus, the "nerdy house". I wanted to go in with an open mind though, and definetly intended to give this house a chance. However, all the girls seemed really awkward, and the first girl I was bumped to barely spoke to me. Their house was also the smallest on campus, and only like 15 girls lived there. Didn't like this house.

The Queen of Hearts: I had heard talk that this was one of the top houses on campus, but I had heard that the girls were really snobby. However, when I went there, all the girls seemed really friendly and welcoming, and interested in the rushees and their backgrounds. Plus, their house was really nice, and the girls were involved on campus. Also, they had an amazing house. I really liked this house!

Little Red Riding Hood: I had also heard that this was one of the high up houses on campus. The girls also cheered, and clapped when we arrived. Everyone in this house was SOO nice, some of the nicest girls I had met all day. They were all pretty, involved, and seemed like people I could be really close with. One of them used to be a competitive gymnast, like me, and another one was the editor for the school newspaper, which I really wanted to do. Their house was also amazing! This was definetly one of my favorite houses!

Goldilocks: I had heard that these girls were VERYYYY popular with the frat boys, if you catch my drift. But, once again, I wanted to keep an open mind. They had a nice house, and I liked their philanthropy, but I had no real connection with the girls. I had an alright impression of the house, but it wasn't my favorite.

Little Bo Peep: I was so tired by the time I got to this house, and the girls here definetly didn't help. They were SO rude and high up on themselves! I was shocked. They basically ignored me, and I heard them trashing some of the girls rushing. This was the WORST house of the day!

At the end of the night, I ranked the houses like this:

Little Red Riding Hood
Dorothy
The Queen of Hearts
Alice in Wonderland
Goldilocks
Raggedy Ann
Little Bo Peep
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-30-2009, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
Gotta go for Dorothy because I love Wizard of Oz
Old 12-30-2009, 12:05 PM

FYI, there are a couple NPC sororities who use/have used Raggedy Ann as a mascot on a very wide basis. You might want to change that one to Rapunzel or something so no one gets the wrong idea.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Im lovin' it! (in the McDonalds theme song voice)
Old 12-30-2009, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

A Storybook Recruitment! Round 2

* Disclaimer: A user pointed out to me that Raggedy Ann is used as a mascot. That means absolutely nothing here. It's just a character I chose, and is not a direct reference to any sorority or chapter

Round 2: Philanthropy/Sisterhood (can go to a max of 5 houses, if invited to that many.)
So I woke up on Round 2 day anxious to see how many houses invited me back. I got my schedule, and discovered that I had been invited back to 5 houses! I was shocked that I had been invited back to so many, but I was excited, especially because I had been invited to my top three choices!

Little Red Riding Hood
Dorothy
Little Bo Peep
The Queen of Hearts
Alice in Wonderland

I wasn't looking forward to Little Bo Peep, though :/

First up was Little Red Riding Hood: This was the house I was most excited for, because it had been my favorite yesterday. I fell in love with it all over again! The girls had put together a slide show about their philanthropy and sisterhood. They all worked really hard on their philanthropy, and it looked like they had so much fun together! I had good conversations here, and this house was still on the top of my list.

Dorothy: I was also so excited for this house, because I had loved it almost as much as Little Red Riding Hood yesterday. However, it slipped a little down my list today. They didn't seem as in to their philanthropy, which was a turn off, because I've always been in to helping others. I had good conversations though, so I still decided to keep this house as a top choice.

Little Bo Peep: I almost skipped this house, just because the girls seemed rude. Their slideshow showed that they did do a lot with their philanthropy, however, and they looked like they had fun together. I liked it better than I had yesterday, but I just didn't feel like I belonged in this house.

The Queen of Hearts: This house wasn't my favorite yesterday, but I still liked it. But I liked it as much as Little Red Riding Hood today! They were so into their philanthropy, and through their pictures on their slideshow and the way they interacted with each other, I could tell they were all close. I love, love, lovedd this house.

Alice in Wonderland: I had thought that this house was okay, but I hated it today. One of the girls said about the philanthropy: "It can be a pain, but it's required, ladies!" Which was just a huge turn off. They didn't seem as close knit as the other houses: it just looked like they partied together and that was all. Their presentation wasn't good, and I left the house with a bad impression.

At the end of the day, I ranked the houses like this:

Little Red Riding Hood
The Queen of Hearts
Dorothy
Little Bo Peep
Alice in Wonderland

Round 3 will be posted superr soon!
Old 12-30-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missgymnast View Post
Little Bo Peep: I almost skipped this house, just because the girls seemed rude. Their slideshow showed that they did do a lot with their philanthropy, however, and they looked like they had fun together. I liked it better than I had yesterday, but I just didn't feel like I belonged in this house.
If this is formal rush, skipping parties you are scheduled to attend can get you eliminated from rush and remove any chance of getting a bid from ANY sorority. Just saying is all, in case anyone reading the story gets confused.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
If this is formal rush, skipping parties you are scheduled to attend can get you eliminated from rush and remove any chance of getting a bid from ANY sorority. Just saying is all, in case anyone reading the story gets confused.
Haha I know. That'd be why I didn't actually skip it
Old 01-01-2010, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

A Storybook Recruitment! Round 3 :)

Round 3: Skit night!

I woke up on skit night anxious and excited to see which houses I was invited back to. I was in for a major dissappointment, though. I had only been invited back to 3 houses, on a night where there was a max of 4. I had been invited back too:

Little Red Riding Hood
Little Bo Peep
Alice in Wonderland

I was SO crushed. My second and third choices were gone, and the only house I liked left was Little Red Riding Hood! If they didn't take me, I didn't know if I would be joining a sorority. I tried to keep my head up, though, and was excited because I was going to Little Red Riding Hood first!

Little Red Riding Hood: Their skit was sooo cute! They did this like fifties diner thing: they even had a juke box prop and stuff, and the girls were looking at the menu trying to decide what "meal" (sorority) would be best for them. They had like poodle skirts on and stuff, but it might sound cheesy on here, but it was so awesome. I loved it, and it just made me want to join this house more. I would be so crushed if they dropped me.

Little Bo Peep: I don't even remember their skit that well, I just remembered that one of the girls was really snobby in it or something. Nothing memorable.

Alice in Wonderland: They redeemed themselves tonight. Their skit was cute, it was basically like girls trying to find the right fit for themselves and it had something to do with fashion. I don't exactly rememeber all the details, but I remembered that I liked it. The house definetly seemed better tonight!

So, at the end of the night, my house choices were this:

Little Red Riding Hood
Alice in Wonderland
Little Bo Peep

I'll just go ahead and post round 4 lol.

Round 4- Prefernce Night!
I woke up SOOO incredibly nervous. If I didn't get an invite to Preference Night by Little Red Riding Hood......

I found out though, that I had been invited back to two houses:
Little Bo Peep
and....

Little Red Riding Hood!!!
I started jumping up and down: I actually had a chance to get into my favorite house!!

First up was Little Bo Peep: I was so suprised. I had a really good time at preference night here. The girls were much more welcoming tonight, I wasn't sure if they had been stressed from planning rush before or not. I had awesome conversations, and clicked really well with a member of the house I had just somehow not managed to talk to before. I still didn't like this house as much as Little Red Riding Hood, but I actually felt like there was a chance I could belong here.

Little Red Riding Hood: This house was amazing. Hands down. The party was so fun, I didn't want to leave. I wanted to be a part of this house SO badly. End of story.

I wasn't sure which house would give me a bid, if one even did. I had awesome conversations at both houses. All I could do was pray that Little Red took me.

The next morning I found out that I got a bid...........

ANY GUESSES AS TO WHICH HOUSE GAVE ME A BID??? )!
Old 01-01-2010, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Hoping it was little red riding hood

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-02-2010, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Im gonna guess ur first choice, little red riding hood?
Old 01-02-2010, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I got a bid from............

Little Red Riding Hood!
I was sooo excited, and SOO HAPPY!!! To this day, being in Little Red Riding Hood has been one of the best experiences of my life.

And for those of you wondering, I won't reveal what school I go to, but the sorority I am a part of is.....

Kappa Delta!
Old 01-02-2010, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Aww yay! "Hooray for Kaapppaa, Kappa D!"
Old 01-03-2010, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on a great recruitment! I always like it when a pnm notes her disappointments but also picks herself up and focuses on the positives of each round. You had a very good recruitment and found a wonderful home! Congrats!