GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 2,176
2 members and 2,174 guests
Cookiez17

Old 02-21-2010, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Spring Rush Advice

First night of rush I went to two fraternities that I liked, I preferred fraternity A to fraternity B. Second Night I got invited back to both. However, because I liked Fraternity A more I decided it was better to meet all the brothers at A and increase my chances. I did not get a bid from A. I did not have time to go back to B the second night, but they have a late rush in the spring. Should I go back to B for spring rush? Or are they going to be insulted that I didn't go back the second night and not even consider giving me a bid.

Also, I am a legacy at fraternity B

Last edited by Sox45; 02-21-2010 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Fixed the confusion
Old 02-21-2010, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox45 View Post
First night of rush I went to two fraternities that I liked, I preferred fraternity A to fraternity B. Second Night I got invited back to both. However, because I liked Fraternity B more I decided it was better to meet all the brothers at B and increase my chances. I did not get a bid from B. I did not have time to go back to A the second night, but the have a late rush in the spring. Should I go back to A for spring rush? Or are they going to be insulted that I didn't go back the second night and not even consider giving me a bid.

Also, I am a legacy at fraternity A
I'm confused. First you say you like A more then B, then next sentence you say you like B more. Can you clarify?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
First night of rush I went to two fraternities that I liked, I preferred fraternity A to fraternity B. Second Night I got invited back to both. However, because I liked Fraternity A more I decided it was better to meet all the brothers at A and increase my chances. I did not get a bid from A. I did not have time to go back to B the second night, but they have a late rush in the spring. Should I go back to B for spring rush? Or are they going to be insulted that I didn't go back the second night and not even consider giving me a bid.

Also, I am a legacy at fraternity B
While it is possible that some/all/none may feel insulted that you did not go back for Fraternity B's second night rush event, and perhaps hold it against you as it were, you will not know that for sure unless you ask current members. I don't think you should do so unless you are very good friends with a current member.

As such, if you can see yourself as a member of Fraternity B - and you are truly interested in Fraternity B for what they have to offer and you can offer them - then by all means attend their rush events.

Best of luck.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=TSteven;1900053]While it is possible that some/all/none may feel insulted that you did not go back for Fraternity B's second night rush event, and perhaps hold it against you as it were, you will not know that for sure unless you ask current members. I don't think you should do so unless you are very good friends with a current member.

Do you mean only rush again if I have friends in the fraternity or ask if I should if I have friends in the fraternity?
Old 02-25-2010, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Do you mean only rush again if I have friends in the fraternity or ask if I should if I have friends in the fraternity?
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I meant that you should only ask a good friend who is a member of the chapter if you should re-rush that chapter.

The bottom line is that each chapter is different. One group might consider it a slight that you did not come back. Other chapters may not. If you are able to ask a good friend - someone who will be up front with you as best as he is able (*) - then you will have a better idea as to how it will go.

(*) To be clear, the good friend will not be able to discuss membership selection. However, he may be able to tell you the general feeling that his brothers had when you did not return. Regardless, it is still up to you to decide if it will be worth it to rush this chapter.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

During the rush process, people know that you may or may not be rushing another fraternity. Just be honest about it and make sure that you enjoy hanging out with the brothers before making a decision.