GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,479
0 members and 2,479 guests
No Members online

Old 01-23-2012, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

An Ice Cream Recruitment Story

Hi Everyone!

I found GreekChat while searching for recommendation letter information a few weeks ago and am obsessed with reading the Recruitment Stories! Most of them don't apply as much as to me because a lot of them are about rush at huge schools! I honestly didn't know there were places with 15-17+ sororities on campus until I started reading the threads here.

I'm a freshman at a small private school in the Northeast with 4 sororities. We have Spring Recruitment, obviously, because of the timing of my thread. I'm starting this a little early because rush doesn't begin until next week, but I'll post my story on here after it's over (or maybe update while it's happening if I have time)!

I'm going to name the sororities my favorite Ice Cream flavors!

Caramel Cone
French Vanilla
Mint Chocolate Chip
Strawberry
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-23-2012, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

mint! Good Luck!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I vote Mint too!!!

Good Luck you!!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

French Vanilla!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I decided since a fairly large number of people have viewed this that I would give an update with my initial impressions going into rush. I'm trying to be open minded and not have favorites beforehand, but I figured I would be honest!

Caramel Cone
Going into rush, this is probably one of my favorites. I had a great time at this house when we had a Rush Preview type event that mirrored what the first day of rush will be like. I have also become friends with several girls in this sorority. I know a few girls from home who are a part of this sorority at different colleges across the country, and they all LOVE it. Three of my best friends are Caramel Cones(at 2 different colleges), and they really want to be my Caramel Cone sisters. I'm trying to not let that affect my decision, but it would be really cool if that happened.

French Vanilla
I don't really know anyone in this sorority, but it's the most popular on campus. I feel like it's going to be competitive to get into this one. The few girls I have met are super nice, and I had good time there during Fall Preview. I'm just waiting to see what happens during rush.

Mint Chocolate Chip
This is my 2nd favorite. I know many girls in this one as well, and I know two of them would really like me to be a part of Mint Chocolate Chip. The girls are really nice, and even though I didn't like it as quite as much as Caramel Cone during Rush Preview, I still had a great time and could see myself there. Also, their house is one of the prettiest, and they all seem really close knit and devoted to their philanthropy which I liked.

Strawberry
This sorority doesn't necessarily have a "bad" reputation, but it's probably the least popular on campus. For some reason, they also didn't seem as close as the other sororities. I didn't have a great time at Rush Preview in this house, but I'm desperately trying to remain open minded and give this sorority a chance!

Last edited by TigerLily1400; 01-27-2012 at 06:57 PM.