GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,162
2 members and 2,160 guests
DoubleRose, SilverTurtle

Old 01-26-2002, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

How to burn CDs

Yeah, so im a little behind in technology and im JUST now wondering how to burn CDs. You see, my mom just bought my dad a new dell laptop for their anniversary so he is giving his old one to my brother. My dad's old computer has a CD burner drive, but he didnt ever even let me try to burn CDs because he didnt want me downloading songs (even though i would delete them afterwards). Now that my brother has the computer we are going to try to start burning some CDs. Thing is i have no clue on what to do. Do you need to buy a software? If so, which one out there would you guys recommend? A step- by- step process would be much appreciated!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-27-2002, 12:45 AM

was it that you want to do?
take mp3s and burn them onto a cd?
Old 01-27-2002, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Most burners come with Adaptec Easy CD creator. Using it is pretty easy and self explanatory for all features EXCEPT taking songs off one CD to burn onot another, like if you're making a copy of an entire disc or doing a compilation cd.

I am not at my computer right now--I am at my parents, so I don't have the software on this PC to pull it up and put step=by-step instructions right now.

Once you know how its done it is ridiculously easy.

If no one else posts by then, I'll post it when I am back in LA and on my own computer.

Now if you DON'T have adpatec on your PC, DON'T BUY IT AS IT PRETTY MUCH SUCKS. Nero and Roxio are the better burning programs out there and CompUSA has them for pretty cheap. I plan on getting Nero ASAP as adaptec --while easy, errors out for no good reason far too often.

Also, you may want to check out nancies.org and go to the "trading section" and read up on burning there or post a newbie question of your own--the veterans are pretty good about helpingout over there.

Amy
Old 01-27-2002, 05:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
don't buy nero, or any other burning ROM for that matter. they're easily "sampled" off morpheus etc.

If you need one, hit me up on PM and i'll get it to you, very simple.

The actual burning process isn't hard in the end - although it can definitely seem like that the first time. After a few attempts, you'll be burning CDs like a freakin pro - just drop us which program you're using, and i'm sure one of us geeks can hook you up (amycat laid the foundation, and we'll fill in the gaps . . . )
Old 01-27-2002, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

okay, yeah my dad just said that he has a CD burning software that came with the computer. I'll find out which one it is.... i think right now he is trying to make a copy of a CD we already have.

My initial question was how to burn CDs from music i have downloaded. I'll let you guys know which software it is, and how it goes!
Old 01-27-2002, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

Do Not Use Gasoline, use BBQ Fluid, doesnot flame upp ass Badd!!!!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 01-27-2002, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

okay well we have easy cd pro 95. yes i said 95, its really really old! anyway we dowloaded a song from audiogalaxy and used the easy cd pro wizard, and it seemed really easy but then we tried to listen to it on my brother's cd player and there was nothing on it apparently.

we have another program too that we havent tried out. its called musicmatch jukebox deluxe 6.0

It seems like it works but then when we try it out, the CD is blank!

help!
Old 01-27-2002, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Earp
Do Not Use Gasoline, use BBQ Fluid, doesnot flame upp ass Badd!!!!
Tom your quite the clever one!
Old 01-27-2002, 02:34 PM

hmmm well first i'd say you should get some better software, i have never heard of that kind.

I don't have nero on my computer anymore, so maybe someone else can send you the program.

Not sure what the problem with the cd is, it could be from a few different things. You'll probably have to toss it though, since if you tried to burn and it didn't work, it's as good as garbage.
When you burn a cd, it's a good idea to close any programs and not touch the computer. Most burners are fickle, it doesn't take a lot to F(*& up.

If you're looking for a better program to d/l mp3s, i'd recommend wimmx at www.winmx.com
very easy to use, similar to napster.
Old 01-28-2002, 02:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Did you make sure to output the mp3 to .wav format before burning it to an audio CD? If you burn just the mp3s, it won't work in a regular CD player. You need to change the file format to a .wav.

That can be done really simply using WinAmp. Just go to Options, then Preferences. Under Plug-Ins, click on Output and then choose the Disk Writer plugin, called out_disk.dll. Make sure to click the "configure" button to choose what folder you want the files written to. Then, just play the files in winamp like you normally would. This will output the mp3s to a .wav file. Take these files and burn THEM to the CD.

Hope this helps
Old 01-28-2002, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

It could also be that some car stererosdon't read burned cds.
Old 01-28-2002, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you guys sooo much, hopefully this weekend i will "play" with it again since i am loaded with homework right now. By the way, i downloaded winmx, and its great! Very similar to napster and so much better than what i was using, audiogalaxy.

juniorgrrl, i was hoping you would give me some advice since i know you are good at those types of things!

anyway, i think im going to print this page up so i read it as im trying to "burn" the cd.

The bad thing is that my computer downloads the songs so much faster, but my brother's computer, the one that has the burner is a lot slower!