GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Phi Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534

Old 07-14-2013, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Implementing and different styles of the Balanced Man Program

I see this part of the forum is a bit inactive, but I'll give this a shot.

For those who are balanced man program chapters, how does it work in your chapters? I think all chapters of any organization are really strict with GPA requirements, financial requirements, but according to all the resources available related to the BMP, how strict are you all with membership lapsing (spending more time than allotted in a challenge) and the implementation of programming, attendance at programming, etc.?

Do you actually have expulsion trials or have any probation standards for guys who slack in each challenge? Do you ever kick anyone out for lack of challenge expectations? Do you let them be in any challenge for as long as they want and they themselves just chose to not learn the Ritual?

I think it's awesome when it is implemented well, and I oversee it for my chapter. But I want to increase accountability and reduce laziness, but that's hard even for some professors. Sometimes I hear "some guys won't get the BMP and its purpose," but if that's the case, why are they Sig Eps in the first place? It makes me question what to look for in recruitment.

I'm curious about any general comments and how the BMP works in your chapters in addition to my questions above.

Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-16-2013, 01:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey Brother,

Check out some of the other threads within the Sigma Phi Epsilon forum here. You'll probably find some good tidbits of knowledge. After you do that, if you have any questions or whatever else, feel free to shoot me a message!

HFF