GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,544
2 members and 1,542 guests
naraht

Old 12-24-2003, 02:52 PM

Who among you..........

Who among you have friends who like to run to you to complain about the penis or bitch who dumps them...........then for some whacked out reason repeatedly goes back to the penis/bitch and learns nothing?????

Been hearing too much of this lately...........first time they get dumped, they have my sympathy........second time they go back, I'll listen but it's their fault because they didnt learn the lesson the first time.......third and every time there after........they better not even THINK about telling me about it because their repeated stupidity and naive-ness will get no sympathies from me..........*shakes head* they get what they deserve after that IMO.
Old 12-24-2003, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xok85xo
Re: Who among you..........

Quote:
Originally posted by ThetaPrincess24
Who among you have friends who like to run to you to complain about the penis or bitch who dumps them...........then for some whacked out reason repeatedly goes back to the penis/bitch and learns nothing?????

Been hearing too much of this lately...........first time they get dumped, they have my sympathy........second time they go back, I'll listen but it's their fault because they didnt learn the lesson the first time.......third and every time there after........they better not even THINK about telling me about it because their repeated stupidity and naive-ness will get no sympathies from me..........*shakes head* they get what they deserve after that IMO.
i have a very good friend who was with the same guy for 5 years..and he was CONSTANTLY cheating on her..they'd break up at least once a semester, but she ALWAYS went back to him. they finally broke up about a year and a half ago and shes been dating a great guy ever since. occasionally i'll find myself turning to her for advice about guys (she is after all one of my really good friends) but then she won't give me the advice that i'm looking for..so i just to remind myself that she was with that schmuck for so long i shouldn't listen to her advice anyway
Old 12-24-2003, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

You know what?? People make mistakes. As a friend, they need you to give decent advice/support them....but after the third or 4th time of the same shit I tell them to get lost b/c some people never change. If they're dumb enough to keep getting burned, they'll never get out out of it unless they do it themselves.

I truly believe in the old adage- "F*** me once, shame on you, f*** me twice, shame on me."

And no Blaine, I don't need your comments on this topic j/k
Old 12-24-2003, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
OK I'm a sex and the city addict.....

Anyhow, this totally reminds me of the Carrie and Big situation. If you watch the episode, The Good Fight (I believe that's the title), Miranda gets really mad at Carrie for going to see Big again, even after all of the madness they've been through. At the end, she realizes that she has to be there for her, and while Carrie may keep making that mistake, she'll be there for her.

I've never really had a friend like this. Acquaintances, but no one actually close to me. So I guess I don't have a take on this!!
Old 12-25-2003, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by absolutuscchick
OK I'm a sex and the city addict.....

Anyhow, this totally reminds me of the Carrie and Big situation. If you watch the episode, The Good Fight (I believe that's the title), Miranda gets really mad at Carrie for going to see Big again, even after all of the madness they've been through. At the end, she realizes that she has to be there for her, and while Carrie may keep making that mistake, she'll be there for her.

I've never really had a friend like this. Acquaintances, but no one actually close to me. So I guess I don't have a take on this!!
I totally agree. I have a good guy friend that was my Mr. Big. As a matter of fact he is TOO much like Mr. Big in real life. I kept thinking he and I would be together in the end...we've made our past mistakes. We've done the friends with benefits. And now it's just friendship. I suppose there are people like Big that captivate you and make you believe that it could work...even though deep down you know it won't.
Old 12-25-2003, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AXJules

I truly believe in the old adage- "F*** me once, shame on you, f*** me twice, shame on me."

I like that quote, exactly right!

Or what about people who get out of a nasty relationship then get into another where the same kind of pattern if you will emerges in the new relationship too, and instead of drawing on what they learned or shouldve learned from the person they dated prior, they let the hints go unnoticed or choose to ignore them(usually the case) and let it all happen again.........*shakes head* I think some people enjoy emotional pain and bullshit/drama........why people?! why?!? sorry..........been a bit irritated by those that lack common sense as of lately
Old 01-06-2004, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MareImbrium
Oh my gosh...I have ONE friend who does ALL the time. She used to call me at least once a month with all the details and I mean ALL THE DETAILS. Then it's the same stuff over and over with different guys or issues with the ex then reverts back to the present. After saying all that, then she'll ask me how I am and what's new with me. Oh brother.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:01 AM
Unregistered-

Re: Who among you..........

Quote:
Originally posted by ThetaPrincess24
Girl, story of MY life.

In the past year and a half or so, me and the not-BF have cut it off at least 10 times. Usually it's me doing the cutting off, but I always went back because he's been the one who's always made me weak.

I stopped complaining to the friends because I know they're tired of it...so I just let it all out on the LJ.

Last night, I gave up. Totally gave up. Sandy's closed for business.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:58 AM
GreekChat Member

And, then they wonder why you don't like the S.O. too!

My own FATHER did this to me with the women who is now his wife. He called me many years ago to tell me that he broke up with her because her kids were too screwed up and he didn't want to end up bailing them out of their problems their whole lives. Then he says "You didn't really like her anyway, did you?". Thank goodness I gave a diplomatic answer like "I want you to be happy, Dad, that's all that matters to me" even though I can't stand her. They're married now and what if I had said "Yeah, I can't stand her"???

Dee
Old 01-06-2004, 08:32 AM

My rooommate. Sigh....

I wrote a whole rant about this last summer. This guy has cheated on her about 4 different times and she still runs back to him. He hits on all her friends and she just turns a blind eye to it. It's so incredibly frustrating. Everytime he's at our apartment, I just sit in my room and cringe.