GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,093
1 members and 2,092 guests
gatordeltapgh

Old 08-12-2010, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile USF Recruitment Fall 2010!

So as you can tell from the title I'm going through recruitment at the University of South Florida in a few weeks! I'm really excited and can't wait for school to start! I know recruitment doesn't start for several weeks but I figured I get this much put up.

I don't want to give too many details away but I'll give a little background. I'm a sophomore transfer so I'm hoping that won't hurt my chances. No one in my family has ever been involved in a Greek organization so this is totally new territory for me. I just happened to stumble across USF's Panhellenic website and I've decided to give it a try.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the great advice that is shared here I'm going in with a completely open mind because I really want to find a house where I feel at home. It also helps that I know absolutely nothing about the reputations on campus. The only girls I know who are already involved are girls I graduated with but they are completely spread out across the houses.

I haven't really decided whether to do this live or postpone it a couple days. There wouldn't be anything negative or revealing but do any of you have opinions on which would be better?

But anyway! There are eight sororities at USF:

Alpha Delta Pi (ΑΔΠ)
Alpha Omicron Pi (ΑΟΠ)
Chi Omega (ΧΩ)
Delta Delta Delta (ΔΔΔ)
Delta Gamma (ΔΓ)
Kappa Delta (ΚΔ)
Sigma Delta Tau (ΣΔΤ)
Zeta Tau Alpha (ZTA)

If any of you read Harry Potter you can probably tell from my username that I love HP so I have decided to use character names. (BTW yes that is a characters last name lol) Oh so nerdy

These are obviously in no particular order!

Harry
Ron
Hermione
Luna
Severus
Fred&George (hey they count as one okay!)
Sirius
Draco
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-12-2010, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegood19 View Post
So as you can tell from the title I'm going through recruitment at the University of South Florida in a few weeks! I'm really excited and can't wait for school to start! I know recruitment doesn't start for several weeks but I figured I get this much put up.

I don't want to give too many details away but I'll give a little background. I'm a sophomore transfer so I'm hoping that won't hurt my chances. No one in my family has ever been involved in a Greek organization so this is totally new territory for me. I just happened to stumble across USF's Panhellenic website and I've decided to give it a try.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the great advice that is shared here I'm going in with a completely open mind because I really want to find a house where I feel at home. It also helps that I know absolutely nothing about the reputations on campus. The only girls I know who are already involved are girls I graduated with but they are completely spread out across the houses.

I haven't really decided whether to do this live or postpone it a couple days. There wouldn't be anything negative or revealing but do any of you have opinions on which would be better?

But anyway! There are eight sororities at USF:

Alpha Delta Pi (ΑΔΠ)
Alpha Omicron Pi (ΑΟΠ)
Chi Omega (ΧΩ)
Delta Delta Delta (ΔΔΔ)
Delta Gamma (ΔΓ)
Kappa Delta (ΚΔ)
Sigma Delta Tau (ΣΔΤ)
Zeta Tau Alpha (ZTA)

If any of you read Harry Potter you can probably tell from my username that I love HP so I have decided to use character names. (BTW yes that is a characters last name lol) Oh so nerdy

These are obviously in no particular order!

Harry
Ron
Hermione
Luna
Severus
Fred&George (hey they count as one okay!)
Sirius
Draco

Good luck Miss LoveGood I think as long as you dont have anything negative/rude to say about the chapters (even when they are coded) in your story I dont see why you wouldnt want to post it live, but remember its totally up to you!
Old 08-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

how fun! i love your theme-we are going to harry potter world at universal this weekend.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you!

I think I'll do it live then.

And I'm super jealous you're going to Wizarding World! I haven't gotten a chance to go yet! I hope it's lots of fun!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey! I actually wrote a USF rush story on here under a different screen name and although I did not do it live, it's totally up to you whether to do yours live or not. I rushed last year and although it was stressful, it is one memory I will never forget -- in a good way!

Couple of things to keep in mind during recruitment is to not listen to gossip or sorority reputations on campus. This did get to me during recruitment because several girls in my group talked about only wanting to go XYZ. Keep an open mind!!! You really will find your place you can call home even if you don't think so. And sorority reputations really do change rapidly. One chapter may not be so great at say... University of Florida but great at USF. So who cares what other people say? lol. I wish you the best of luck and a successful recruitment!

Last edited by mittens; 08-13-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

wonderful advice mittens!!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment starts this week...getting excited lovegood?
Old 09-07-2010, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

So... do we have a recruitment story coming?