GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086

Old 07-07-2006, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

largest fraternity

apparently we are the largest fraternity in North America new? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kappa_Sigma
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-13-2006, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappasigma1869
apparently we are the largest fraternity in North America new? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kappa_Sigma
I don't know if I'd necessarily trust wikipedia on that...I haven't heard anything from IMH, and I'm sure they would put out some sort of statement/release if that was the case.

I could be wrong, though.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

ya as far as I know TKE is the biggest by number of chapters and Sig EP is largest by total number of undergraduate brothers. So I wasn't sure about that either unless they announce some sort of big news at the Leadership Conference.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappasigma1869
ya as far as I know TKE is the biggest by number of chapters and Sig EP is largest by total number of undergraduate brothers. So I wasn't sure about that either unless they announce some sort of big news at the Leadership Conference.
That's what I thought - Pike and SAE are up there as well, but I figured TKE and Sig EP were probably the top 2. I checked the website, and there haven't been any updates or releases. We're still referred to as "one" of North America's largest fraternities.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Hiya. Got some good ideas from this board and thought I would post up.

Daniel
Nu-Lambda Chapter
Initiated Fall 2005
Current Social Chair

People said they want to know what is going on so here goes. Our chapter went through some issues recently. We ended up expelling or suspending about 40 people, for reasons I still don't really understand. To be honest, I was sort of duped because as we were pledging while all of this was going down. Anyway, most of my closest friends were those suspended or kicked out. I still had a blast this past year, best of my life in fact. Learned a lot about myself. I almost resigned along with a lot of my friends, but then I thought "why not give back to an organization that gave me so much?". So I took on the responsibilities of Social Chair. It is rough because of all the things we went through, the new restrictions put on us by HQ, and our chapters rigid adherence to it don't really facilitate a good social scene. We can't throw our 10:01 or our annual Halloween Havoc. So that is the standing of our chapter at the moment!

On a different, and brighter, note, I am planning our mixers for this year. I have a ton of ideas for themes, but activities are rough. Our leadership won't allow drinking at mixers, so I am trying to make other things to do. Currently, I am thinking we will do a Medieval Madness theme for one, and New Years in November for another, with a Crush party thrown in (actually this is normally done by sororities, but it sounded pretty fun). This is really important to have awesome mixers because trying to rebuild a rep is not easy. Do you guys have any ideas as far as non-alcoholic activities that can be done? For the medieval one, I am thinking we would elect a royal family a la high school prom, king, queen, prince, princess, bishop, and fool or something. They would then run the mixer, with a nice lil surprise thrown in for them at the end . I am sure I can come up with stuff to do, but if anyone has any ideas feel free to share em!
Old 08-21-2006, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo_22
Hiya. Got some good ideas from this board and thought I would post up.

Daniel
Nu-Lambda Chapter
Initiated Fall 2005
Current Social Chair

People said they want to know what is going on so here goes. Our chapter went through some issues recently. We ended up expelling or suspending about 40 people, for reasons I still don't really understand. To be honest, I was sort of duped because as we were pledging while all of this was going down. Anyway, most of my closest friends were those suspended or kicked out. I still had a blast this past year, best of my life in fact. Learned a lot about myself. I almost resigned along with a lot of my friends, but then I thought "why not give back to an organization that gave me so much?". So I took on the responsibilities of Social Chair. It is rough because of all the things we went through, the new restrictions put on us by HQ, and our chapters rigid adherence to it don't really facilitate a good social scene. We can't throw our 10:01 or our annual Halloween Havoc. So that is the standing of our chapter at the moment!
Wow - that is quite a lot to be thrown at a new brother. I can't imagine going through something like that, especially as a new member of the chapter. Good luck with the upcoming school year; it sounds like you're still excited about thing, so hopefully that continues.

Welcome to the board.

AEKDB
Old 10-31-2006, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Greetings gentelmen!

My name is Jason. I, and about 45 others are currently working on bringing Kappa Theta colony back to Indiana Univ. of PA... We're hoping to have everything in to nationals by the end of the semester so that we might be able to become a chapter & brothers around Valentines day. So those of you in the Pitt area - be expecting a few new brothers in your neck of the woods!
Old 11-08-2006, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to noobishactz Send a message via MSN to noobishactz
Jeffrey Williams
Omicron Zeta Chapter
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Initiated November 4th, 2006
Gamma Class
Old 11-13-2006, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Brothers,
I experienced the beautiful initiation ritual that we hold so dear to our hearts last night, 11/12/2006 for the first time. I would like to tell you all that I am now damn proud to be a Kappa Sigma, and look forward to meeting as many of you as possible and advancing the status of my chapter, Omicron-Kappa. My info:

Andy Chang
Omicron-Kappa @ Kennesaw State University
Alpha class
-I strive to become the next Stephen Alonzo Jackson

A.E.K.Δ.B.
"Let us not rest contently until the Star and Crescent is the pride of every college and university in the land."
Old 11-14-2006, 08:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi all, welcome to the board. Nice to have some more Kappa Sigs posting.

AEKDB
Old 01-07-2007, 03:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nate2512
Nathan Hillman
Grand Scribe
Theta Rho Chapter
McNeese State University
175-804
Initiated Oct. 13, 2006
Old 02-10-2007, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

tommy hall
kappa omega chapter (UNC CHARLOTTE)
initiated : fall 06'

i have a question.. ive been searching for a month but cant find any kappa sig drinking songs.. there is only one that i know but i cant remember it all.. do u guys know any?
Old 02-14-2007, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Welcome Nate and Bigtom . . i'll pm you later bigtom with some stuff.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

thanks james i would appreciate that.. i am new to the forum thing.. what does pm mean? by the way i sent a request to join those groups
Old 02-21-2007, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
PM = personal message . . private message