GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Sigma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,127
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, asamathattso539
» Online Users: 1,332
2 members and 1,330 guests
asamathattso539, bapitytts7552

Old 11-17-2011, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Is there anything we should know going into starting a new chapter?

We at Johns Hopkins are looking into stating a Kappa Sigma chapter. We're meeting an alumnus tomorrow to discuss the procedure, but can anyone share their experiences with starting a chapter from scratch?
Old 11-29-2011, 03:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey. What's going on dude? First of all, sorry this is so late, I haven't been keeping up with this as well as I should have. I'm the Grand Scribe at the Epsilon-Nu Colony here at the University of Southern Mississippi.

We just started the re-colonization effort on Oct 9th. Honestly, ours has been an interesting experience so far...we have gotten everything on the checklist done except getting the 60 guys (we're at 57) and having a risk management plan done. We had an Area Recruitment Manager, Garret Atherton (area 4) and he did some amazing stuff. I'll be honest, it hasn't exactly been an easy road as we're still trying to pull together unity from a bunch of random guys and make a brotherhood out of it.

But, you can reply on here, or I'll send you a message and I'll tell you everything I can.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I also am a bit of the same boat that you are going through. I am a member of a colony that is just starting up in virginia. I was just elected ritual chairman. Now there are tons of things that happened to us over the course of us reaching colonization which was march 2011. While we are almost half way to the 60 member goal. Now starting a colony for kappa sigma differs from college to college. My campus has a dieing greek life, while there are only a handfull of fraternitys and sororitys. The lack of expansion is extremely difficult causing you to have to do it by yourselfs.

I wish you and your colony the best of luck. It is a long road that is worth every bit. I love watching my colony grow and expand every day. While watching the brothers that I helped recruit come around and take leadership positions. These changes and growth is amazing. If you have any questions feel free to send me a message.