GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,298
1 members and 2,297 guests
zamesyandext578

Old 02-11-2009, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quota...

any idea which University of Maryland chapters did and didn't make quota?
just curious, thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-12-2009, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZetaGirl22
Dont need to know who did/didnt make it, Id just like to know what it was. Thanks
Loved by a Zeta Psi
Old 02-12-2009, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

I know quota was 25

From what I heard Kappa Delta, Zeta Tau Alpha, Alpha Omicron Pi and Sigma Kappa definitely made quota...
And that Alpha Delta Pi did not

That still leaves Delta Gamma, Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Phi, Delta Phi Epsilon, Phi Sigma Sigma, Alpha Epsilon Phi, Kappa Alpha Theta, Sigma Delta Tau and Delta Delta Delta that I don't know about though...(and want to find out)
Old 02-12-2009, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Is it really necessary for you to know how every sorority did? Yes, quota is 25. Leave it at that. And quite frankly, it is not your business to know how each sorority did.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by goterps View Post
Is it really necessary for you to know how every sorority did? Yes, quota is 25. Leave it at that. And quite frankly, it is not your business to know how each sorority did.
A-freaking-men!
Old 02-12-2009, 04:03 PM

Oh snap!
Old 02-12-2009, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZetaGirl22
Ok, forgive me here ladies, I am just going to play devils advocate here for a moment. I for one, really don't think its necessary to be up in other chapter's business, but how does the OP's question differ from information that is willingly given all across this site? Do we not post recruitment results for the big SEC schools? Do we not have an AWESOME thread that lists every single campus that EVER had NPCs, recruitment dates for them, and occasionally results? Is this different because its Maryland and as such not subject to as much interest as say, Auburn or Ole Miss, and therefore anyone asking about it might have some nefarious reasoning behind it? I can understand asking the question the way she did-hey, who got quota, might be a little suspect. Almost like trying to perpetuate tiers or something, but then again I dont know. Being an alumna from Maryland I am personally only concerned with how my chapter did. As I already know how many NMs there are, I just wanted to find out what quota was. BUT also being a Maryland Panhellenic alumna, its nice to discern how Panhellenic as a whole is doing. If most/all chapters achieved quota, this means that Panhellenic is doing pretty well too. I know I might invite tons of flames here, but again, just playing devil's advocate.
Loved by a Zeta Psi
Old 02-12-2009, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Just post what info you have on the chapters you know about on campuses you care about on irishpipes' sticky of NPC recruitment for the 2008-09 school year and hope that others will do the same. As far as I'm concerned, that's where I find out quota and how it went on each campus. An awesome bit of information for those of us with a curious inclination for all things NPC. Thanks, Irishpipes
Old 02-13-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaGirl22 View Post
I can understand asking the question the way she did-hey, who got quota, might be a little suspect. Almost like trying to perpetuate tiers or something, but then again I dont know.
Yes. This.

Irishpipes' thread is numbers only, no commentary. Unlike the OP in this thread.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

ohh I didn't mean to come across like I'm nosy, I'm just interested in doing COB and wanted to see what chapters needed a few more members
Old 02-13-2009, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink89 View Post
ohh I didn't mean to come across like I'm nosy, I'm just interested in doing COB and wanted to see what chapters needed a few more members
Then talk to your Greek Advisor. He or she will be able to tell you who is participating in COB.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
QFP.

I don't know what it is about the last part of your post, but you really could have left it at "I'm just interested in COB."
Old 02-13-2009, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Just because a chapter may not have made quota doesn't mean:
  • they are going to publicly seek out members
  • they'd want you if you've already gone through and did not receive a bid, or rejected a bid
  • actually NEED members, they may have been above total before recruitment
Old 02-13-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Some things:

*Your school's Greek Life Office should be able to tell you who is participating in COB.

*It's important to know that just because a chapter did not make quota or is not at total does not necessarily mean they will be holding COB events. A chapter can choose not to do COB. Some will just wait until informal in the fall or formal in the spring to fill openings.

*Also, not saying that this is what you said, but I just want to put this out there: Don't assume that because a chapter missed quota, that it "needs a few new members" and as such is "easier" to get into. You still need to be a good fit for the chapter in order to get a bid.

Best of luck to you in your efforts!

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 02-13-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Eh, don't be so hard on her. It's a reasonable suggestion, actually - I'd think most if not all groups will want to COB to quota. If they DID make quota, they are probably over total, as that's a common thing.