GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,451
0 members and 1,451 guests
No Members online

Old 06-11-2003, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Neighbors From Hell-Can you relate?

Are you the neighbor from hell?

Is your neighbor the neighbor from hell?

Here is a story of a friend of mine. Is this a neighbor from hell or what?

My friend recently built her home. Her neighbor works nights, therefore, he returns home early in the morning. Twice a month my friend has her lawn cut. The person gets to her home early in the morning, let's say 7 am. The neighbor has the audacity to come to her to see if the lawn guy could come LATER, because he gets off work in the morning. (refer to my signature) Being the accommodating person that my friend is, she agreed (her father insisted that she do the neighborly thing and comply...WTFE) and asked her lawn guy to come later and start on the OTHER side of the house FIRST. I was when she told me this. Why?

1. You are not a renter, THAT IS YOUR PROPERTY! You can cut your grass WHENEVER you want. When she purchased the lot, there were no stipulations as to when you can cut your grass.
2. Would he be as accommodating to her if she worked nights? It is possible, she is a dentist.
3. What will be next? If he thinks he's gotten away with this, what is next?

I told her that she should have asked him to cut her grass when he cuts his. That way, he'd be up and at 'em, plus she could pay him! I bet he would not like to be on her payroll.

A neighbor from hell I tell ya! (IMO)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-11-2003, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

YES YES

OH the last 2 years have been pure hell! I been here 6 years. My neighbor took in his hoochie daughter and her 3 kids. The whole block has gone to hell. A once very quiet block, now has a stream of kids all day long, all day. From sun up to sundown. The girls only look to be 11 and 12, and boys stay over there. My lawn sign was stolen, car scratched on, grass trampled. He is never there. I spoke with him and he just said they will not be here long, that was over a year ago. I dread summer. I really do.
I plan on selling as soon as my car is paid out, because these girls will be teens soon and they are not nice kids.
As for the lawn thing, I try to be a good neighbor and personally I would never think to mow @ 7am, but that's just me.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Well I work third shift, and once you've done it for a while, you can pretty much sleep through anything! Actually I am the other way around...I am usually wide awake when I get home in the morning (when I don't go straight to school), and I have to remember not to be doing all kinds of stuff to wake my neighbors up. I wanted to put up some curtains one day, and I remembered that it may not be a good idea to start hammering at 8am...just in case! I don't know, this is my first apt, and I have been living here for about 1 year, and all my neighbors are pretty cool. Thank the Lord!!
Old 06-12-2003, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: YES YES

Quote:
Originally posted by Special1920
and personally I would never think to mow @ 7am, but that's just me.
You would if you lived down here! If you don't mow EARLY in the AM, you must want to have a serious, long drawn out conversation with the devil, himself! (In other words, it's hottttt as hellllllll!)

1SD, I guess I have too much time on my hands! I can read it. I think YOU have too much time on your hands for typing that isht!

LMAO
Old 06-13-2003, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 9dstpm
When I lived on campus as an UG, I lived in an apartment building for students 21+. Because of our age, we didn't have the traditional RA, just a room check every other month.

Well, I lived in the complex for students who wished to live w/o a roommate. There was this girl who lived across the hall from me and she partied all the time. From about 5 or 6 in the afternoon until the wee hours of the AM, the music would be loud and blasting, people would be coming in and out just as loud, she would be cooking and you could smell the food and her guests would be smoking weed and you could smell it too. And this was when classes were in!!

Oh, and don't let classes be canceled or it be the first week or last week of school. She parties non-stop then . The straw that broke the camel's back was when I had just worked an entire weekend at the hospital from 7pm to 7am and I was TIRED!! School was canceled due to the death of a faculty member and all I wanted to do was sleep. As soon as I laid my head on my pillow, I heard some rap song just blasting away. I was so , I knocked on her door to tell her to shut the hell up and the party was going on so strong, she could not hear me knocking ! I packed an overnight bag and went to my then boyfriend's (now my Hubby) house, but not before stopping by the campus police to tell on her!! I came back when classes were back in session two days later and a guy down the hall told me that she got kicked out for drug possession when the campus police came because some other people called them and complained about the weed.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 9dstpm
When I lived on campus as an UG, I lived in an apartment building for students 21+. Because of our age, we didn't have the traditional RA, just a room check every other month.

Well, I lived in the complex for students who wished to live w/o a roommate. There was this girl who lived across the hall from me and she partied all the time. From about 5 or 6 in the afternoon until the wee hours of the AM, the music would be loud and blasting, people would be coming in and out just as loud, she would be cooking and you could smell the food and her guests would be smoking weed and you could smell it too. And this was when classes were in!!

Oh, and don't let classes be canceled or it be the first week or last week of school. She parties non-stop then . The straw that broke the camel's back was when I had just worked an entire weekend at the hospital from 7pm to 7am and I was TIRED!! School was canceled due to the death of a faculty member and all I wanted to do was sleep. As soon as I laid my head on my pillow, I heard some rap song just blasting away. I was so , I knocked on her door to tell her to shut the hell up and the party was going on so strong, she could not hear me knocking ! I packed an overnight bag and went to my then boyfriend's (now my Hubby) house, but not before stopping by the campus police to tell on her!! I came back when classes were back in session two days later and a guy down the hall told me that she got kicked out for drug possession when the campus police came because some other people called them and complained about the weed.
That's good for her!

As 2D said, the Devil be tap dancing in the streets down here!! If you don't do everything before 9am or after 6pm, you can chalk it up. The heat ain't no joke!! I'm surprised we don't have a high percentage of heat related deaths down here. I guess people get smart after all these years....
Old 06-14-2003, 02:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Hmmm. I could understand if he's been neighborly before (stopping by to introduce himself/family and say "hi", being friendly, etc. ) and THEN later on asking her. But from the information given, I don't think he has.

However, I probably would consider having the lawn guy start @ 8am instead of 7am., but that's it. Any other times would get a quick no.

I do think that is in bad taste if the neighbor (who works third shift) probably hasn't shown his face to welcome your friend into the neighborhood BEFORE asking her to do something.
Old 06-14-2003, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down Her neighbor is a buster!

He ain't said nada to her before. She is the only dot in "the sac." I still would have asked him to mow my lawn for me...put ya on my payroll!

This is North Louisiana. So, go figure.... They are not as "tolerant" up there as they are down here. PLUS, it's HOTTER UP THERE! Just ask Al Sharpton. He's been in and out of N. LA with the drama they have going on.
Old 06-14-2003, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: YES YES

Quote:
Originally posted by Special1920
OH the last 2 years have been pure hell! I been here 6 years. My neighbor took in his hoochie daughter and her 3 kids. The whole block has gone to hell. A once very quiet block, now has a stream of kids all day long, all day. From sun up to sundown. The girls only look to be 11 and 12, and boys stay over there. My lawn sign was stolen, car scratched on, grass trampled. He is never there. I spoke with him and he just said they will not be here long, that was over a year ago. I dread summer. I really do.
I plan on selling as soon as my car is paid out, because these girls will be teens soon and they are not nice kids.
As for the lawn thing, I try to be a good neighbor and personally I would never think to mow @ 7am, but that's just me.
Have you tried going to your homeowners association or civic club to complain? My parents neighborhood has a VERY strong civic club. They hire city police to help patrol the neighborhood. It costs in civic club dues (and if you don't pay the dues the civic club can put a lein on your house), but it is worth it. From time to time little hooligans run through the neighborhood, but the patrol efforsts help to keep a lot of problems down. My parents neighborhood also publishes a monthly newsletter that lists in detail the incident reports.
Old 06-14-2003, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Civic Associations are good. My mother's subdivision has one. They don't go so far as placing a lein on your home (wtf?), but you know who is an active member because of the stickers placed on each member's mailbox. Annually, the sticker's color changes. The association has its board and they too produce a newsletter, as well as gathering for pot luck dinners for the area 2 or 3 times a year. Sheriffs are assigned to the subdivision and they patrol the entire area, if you are a member or not.

I'll have to remind my friend to bring this topic up at their neighborhood meeting. She's not like me, she may not bring it up.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 9dstpm
Oh, I have another story:

Hubby and I live in an apartment complex in the burbs. Next door to us was this melanin-challenged woman in her 50's and her hot-azz-I-love-me-some-black-men daughter who was in her mid-20's and had a then 4 year old son. Now mind you, the daughter and her kid lived in another complex across the street but she was at her momma's house like everyday. The lady didn't bother us, but the daughter did. This girl acted like she couldn't do anything on her own, she always had to call my husband or my brother in law (who was living with us at the time) to fix this or put together that. And when I came along with them, the problem seemed to be fixed within a matter of minutes . I kept trying to tell hubby that I thought that she liked to get her jollies by watching some big strong black man fixing her isht that probably wasn't broken in the first place. Most times, she liked to wait until hubby, brotherinlaw, and some of their frat bros would all be at the house and THEN something would magically break . I fixed her little behind good, though. One time she called looking for hubby because her car broke down AGAIN . When I started to tell her exactly how to fix the problem and to give the # of someone who can follow-up, she suddenly had the problem fixed and we never heard from her again. The mom (before she moved out) told us last month that the daugher and the kid moved to another apartment complex that was in the hood. Wonder why........

Last edited by 9dstpm; 06-16-2003 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry Long Post

9dstpm,

Maybe is a "woman thang" but I saw the meaning behind that situation from a mile away...men, I tell ya?

Ok, here is my neighbor from hell story that happened about a year ago. This is just a small idea as to what went on.

I live in a one bedroom apartment in a really nice neighborhood. This melanin-challenged man or men because I saw at least 3 different men over the course of 6 months (They all looked to be in their 50’s but they were probably beaten up by life, so I bet they were really only in their thirties) moved next door to me. I hate to call people trash, but that is exactly what they wear. Pure, unwashed, greasy haired TRASH! I believed that he was selling drugs and I reported him to the office management on many occasions, but he was still there.

This man had people coming and going all day and all night. On many occasions, these trashy folks would knock on my door (at all hours of the night mind you) looking for him. There was one incident when after I told this crackhead that she had the wrong apartment, she said that she didn’t believe me and proceeded to continue knocking on my door (after I told the fool that he lived next door) for 10 minutes! I straight called the police on her arse!

I also had to call the police on him/them plenty of times for doing the same ish! (Coming by, knocking on my door, windows, trying to get me to answer the door). Luckily at the time, I had a boyfriend so after he answered the door a few times, they finally quit coming by (I guess they thought he lived there too).

The apartment that he/they lived in had no furniture. But HK1974, how to you know this, you ask? Because they would leave their front door WIDE open all the time because (a) they had no electricity and were using the outside hallway for light (b) THE STENCH THAT CAME FROM THEIR APARTMENT!!! OMGoodness, it smelled like a HOT PUTRID GARBAGE DUMP on a summer day in Mississippi!! Oh Lawd, I can’t even describe the stench, yall. It was soo bad, you could smell it on the 2nd floor of the building and even outside as you approached the building. There was clothing, garbage piles so high on the floor that you couldn’t even SEE the floor. It was just full of filth and trash!

Anytime someone’s door opened on my floor, this mofo would open his and step out of his apartment and just look at you. My neighbor across the hall from me (who was a college professor) told me that one morning, she was leaving @ 5:30 AM to catch a flight. She said as soon as she opened her door to leave, this mofo swings his open and yells “Where do you think you’re going? “at her. WTF??

By this time, I had had enough of complaining, so I drafted a letter to my office management stating that I was moving out in 14 days (funk a lease) because I feared for my safety and due to unsanitary conditions. (I attached copies of all of my police reports). When I gave that to my manager, I found out that I was not the only person that had filed complaints against these fools. Apparently, they were harassing my neighbor across the hall from me too.

Finally, the management evicted him/them. After the summons was posted on their door/locks changed, this fool/fools broke into the apartment in order to get in and “pretended” to still be living there. I straight called the police and watch them arrest his arse for trespassing!! I also found out from the arresting officer (who knew me by this time) that he was wanted for some other things.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I live in an apartment complex where children are not allowed to reside. Anyway, last month, a couple moved in downstairs from us. They are fairly young and the female stays at home most of the day.

Well, they have some hillbilly CD that they play EVERY NIGHT around 11pm, for at least an hour! It is the same song, on repeat. It's not unreasonably loud, but I can hear it pretty clearly.

Anyway, we had our surround sound on one day and were listening to some music. Well, these fools start banging on the ceiling. We just ignore them because we have been listening to the same song every night for about 2 weeks. So, we have no plans of cutting our music down on this occasion. So, the idiot comes to our door and says that our music is too loud and the baby just went to sleep... what baby? Remember, there's a no children rule here.

So, I promptly tell the manager that there are children in the building. Well, the young lady says that she is just babysitting for a friend who went out of town...whatever...that baby has been there since move-in. They continue to knock on the ceiling sometimes, but I do not feel compelled to turn down the music for an illegal resident while I still have to listen to the same some all night, every night.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Quote:
Originally posted by Conskeeted7
I live in an apartment complex where children are not allowed to reside. Anyway, last month, a couple moved in downstairs from us. They are fairly young and the female stays at home most of the day.

Well, they have some hillbilly CD that they play EVERY NIGHT around 11pm, for at least an hour! It is the same song, on repeat. It's not unreasonably loud, but I can hear it pretty clearly.

Anyway, we had our surround sound on one day and were listening to some music. Well, these fools start banging on the ceiling. We just ignore them because we have been listening to the same song every night for about 2 weeks. So, we have no plans of cutting our music down on this occasion. So, the idiot comes to our door and says that our music is too loud and the baby just went to sleep... what baby? Remember, there's a no children rule here.

So, I promptly tell the manager that there are children in the building. Well, the young lady says that she is just babysitting for a friend who went out of town...whatever...that baby has been there since move-in. They continue to knock on the ceiling sometimes, but I do not feel compelled to turn down the music for an illegal resident while I still have to listen to the same some all night, every night.
They still have a no kids rule where you live? In California, that's been illegal for years, unless you're talking a senior complex.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

My turn!

I live in Public Housing until I graduate, and all of my neighbors are either elderly or handicapped. I have no problems staying there because most of them are really nice people, but my neighbor...can't stand that trick!

First of all, she hates me! She has never been friendly to me-EVER! I'm the friendly type, and when I use to speak to her, she would just look at me like I'm a friggin' fool.

First incident: I was listening to my music and it wasn't even loud, and this trick came a beated on my door and didn't say anything, she just held her index finger to her mouth and made the "shhh" sound. I looked at her and said that I'm not a little kid. Talk to me with some respect.

Second incident: I was listening to my music again...but I fell asleep with it on...why did the POLICE come beating at my door at 2 something the morning saying that I had to turn my music off. I was SOOO pissed off!

Third incident: This trick TWIRKS it every friggin' night! I don't know if she gotta man or she's hooking herself up, but every single day, she starts screamin' and carryin' on like she's going crazy. It never fails...and she has the nerve to call the police on me? I can't stand that trick!