GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,128
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, baadamashtolzea
» Online Users: 1,361
2 members and 1,359 guests
No Members online

Old 02-06-2010, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Next Line? NPHC sorority

Hi, I was wondering after a sorority has been on probation and comes back they usually have a big line. This is what has happened with the one that I would like to try to earn membership in. They just got 70 new memebers. With this large group what is the likely hood of them doing another line soon. Also I attend a larger college, with over 20,000 thousand students.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Is there a question here?
Old 02-06-2010, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I was asking has anyone else been at a college/university where they have crossed a large line of girls and had another line the next year or the year after? I'm just wondering if they would since there are so many ppl already in the organizartion.

Last edited by dreambig; 02-06-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
Is there a question that anyone would answer here?
Fixed that for ya.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambig View Post
Yes, I was asking has anyone else been at a college/university where they have crossed a large line of girls and had another line the next year or the year after? I'm just wondering if they would since there are so many ppl already in the organizartion.
It depends. A lot of people like the idea of starting a chapter of a fraternity or sorority for different reasons. Generally founding classes are large because of that. After that first line passes, it is up to them to try and present themselves in a way to attract more members. Things like the sizes of others GLOs, campus attitude towards Greek Life in general and who they recruit matter too.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Honestly, you aren't going to find any answers on this site. First off, nobody here knows what school you go to, what org you are talking about. These kind of decisions are left to the members of the chapter, none of which are here.

Even if that wasn't the case, members of NPHC don't discuss membership information in this manner.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, thank you for your answer.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
Honestly, you aren't going to find any answers on this site. First off, nobody here knows what school you go to, what org you are talking about. These kind of decisions are left to the members of the chapter, none of which are here.

Even if that wasn't the case, members of NPHC don't discuss membership information in this manner.

Ok, thank you.