GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,394
2 members and 1,392 guests
chironthearcher

Old 08-03-2009, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

UF recruitment wardrobe questions

Hello everyone I tried to do a search on this but I couldnt really find anything. My little sister is going through recruitment at UF and we have been loookin for outfits for the rounds but the pamphlet that she has says that girls should wear shorts and teeshirts for round 1. I know she should be dressier so I was just wondering how dressy, are sundresses the norm for round 1?

I guess I just dont believe the requirements, because it is the SEC. Thanks everyone in advance for all your help!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-04-2009, 12:55 AM

She should pick the dressiest option on that website, and wear a simple shirt (i.e. nothing with fancy shmancy trim or necklines or distractions in general) and capri pants.

And not to hijack but man, if that blue print dress under Prefs is really an example of something someone would wear to a prom, everything old really IS new again.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
She should pick the dressiest option on that website, and wear a simple shirt (i.e. nothing with fancy shmancy trim or necklines or distractions in general) and capri pants.

And not to hijack but man, if that blue print dress under Prefs is really an example of something someone would wear to a prom, everything old really IS new again.
I really don't like that the clothes are just lying there. I think they should be on mannequins or a woman so PNMs can see an appropriate length inseam for a short or hem line on a real person. I also like sites that show women of different height and body type looking good in what flatters their bodies.

I am not too crazy about the other pref dress in black and white either. Maybe it looks better on a person but a halter and if it is short with shiny/clingy material, it could not be cute.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:51 AM
GreekChat Member

i have to agree! i'm going through rush too and i'm really nervous about my outfits. i don't think i'm OVER dressing but the cocktail length dress i'm considering for prefs is considerably fancier than the one's pictured. however the information says that something for homecoming or prom is appropriate.... mixed signals much? lol i'd say mine is somewhere in between the pictures and a prom dress >.> it's a slight gamble. my biggest peeve is dressing lightly because it WILL be hot. >.<
Old 08-04-2009, 07:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Shame on UF.

Those reference pics are so old. They have been using them for a while now and truly need to be updated.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

girls i know who had successful recruitments at uf wore a polo-style shirt and a khaki skirt with flat sandals for first round parties.

i think you should kick it up a notch as far as the pref. party suggestions go-but definately not prom/homecoming route. something you might have worn to an awards night at your school(providing you didn't just show up in whatever), a wedding or nice reception.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 08-04-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

It might be a good idea to read the text and avoid looking at those pictures.

After looking at the website, I think the suggestions about polo shirts/simple tops with khaki skirts/capri pants are the way to go. Hollister had some cute skirts the other day....

Tropical Dancer- In addition to helping your sister I know you are getting ready for year 2 at UM. Good luck and have a great year!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

thanks everyone for your help, the pictures were just throwing me off I think. My sister has her pref dress, which is also fanicer than the photo GatorGirl19, but we both agree that the dress is way to pretty to not wear again for pref. She also bought a nice, but casual, solid color sundress that she was going to pair with sandals, which I think could work for round two, this is similar to what I wore to my round two but my school is pretty fancy all the time, so I'm still not sure.

kiteflyersmom- thanks so much for the well wishes, I'm so excited for this semester, so I will hopefully have a great year
Old 08-04-2009, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the most helpful source i've seen for this kinds of thing is the video someone posted from Southern Mississippi. In that video, they give two examples per dayof what the girls should wear. But that video also shows a model in jeans. And I know there are a lot of SEC shoolds that aren't to excited about jeans. But thats something you or your sister should determine by UF.

http://southernmisscpc.com/
Old 08-04-2009, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

recruitment "what to wear" at AU

I think the Auburn site has some of the most helpful dress suggestions for recruitment that I have seen. The link is:

https://fp.auburn.edu/greek/schedule.htm
Old 08-04-2009, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

It is great that people are providing links for other schools, but I think it is important for each school to provide information specific to their culture, policies, procedures and standards. What is acceptable at one campus may not be at another. Furthermore at least one poster has stated this is old information.

University of Florida, please update your page!
Old 08-04-2009, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgal View Post
I think the Auburn site has some of the most helpful dress suggestions for recruitment that I have seen. The link is:

https://fp.auburn.edu/greek/schedule.htm

Quoted from the Auburn recruitment website: If you want to wear hose, this might be the day to do it although they are certainly not required.

Would
sequined hose be appropriate?