GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,423
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, acheldarko1907
» Online Users: 2,810
0 members and 2,810 guests
No Members online

Old 05-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Obviously, our Iraqi Chapter had a bad rush!

Sometimes a picture says a thousand words - this is genuine, not photoshopped!

Seriously, this came with the following email:

I have attached a little humor for you from Iraq. It's actually what
spawned my inquiry into the old chapter. One of my responsibilities out here with the Iraqi battalion is overseeing construction projects in support of the unit. I am having a fort built for one of my Iraqi companies and have a local construction contractor working for me. I was out at the construction site a couple weeks ago and saw one of the workers wearing an odd article of clothing that looked familiar. I called him over (which is a task when no translator is handy) and saw that he was wearing a sorority sweatshirt!! I about lost it. I yelled for my translator, then made him explain the sweatshirt and its meaning to the worker. Needless to say, he was not pleased to be wearing a "girl shirt". I explained that it meant he was part of a club (easier to explain club than "sorority") of a LOT of beautiful women, knowing first hand since I dated a few in my day, but he was still not pleased. So please, pass this on to the appropriate sorority sisters you know, and tell them that their rush efforts in Iraq are seriously slipping. This isn't the caliber I remember of their sorority at ASU. It might even be worth posting in the IFC office for all to enjoy.

I hope to talk to you again and see you at one of the events this fall.

ITB,
Joe Moye

Capt Joe Moye
Logistics Officer
Border Transition Team Three
5th Battalion, 3rd Iraqi Border Brigade
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-16-2006, 09:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to sdsuchelle
OMG.. that is absolutely HILARIOUS!
Old 05-17-2006, 05:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
yep, Chile I think it might be time to send in the National Sororities, rather than the national guard.

(I just have a mental image of a bunch of sorority girls landing in the Iraqi desert, all dressed in camoflaged letters, screaming door songs and scaring the living CRAP out of the enemy...thereby securing victory).
Old 05-17-2006, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jitterbug13 Send a message via Yahoo to jitterbug13
When I was volunteering at the hospital yesterday, I saw a man wearing an Omega shirt.

While reading Jet, I saw a picture of a soror wearing her jacket!

ETA: That guy wearing the ADPi sweatshirt looks like one of Saddam's look-a-likes.

"I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not."--Kanye West

"Black is the new President."--Tracey Morgan
Old 05-17-2006, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ADPi Conniebama
OK I WOULD BE UPSET about that picture if I wasn't dying laughing and the e-mail really sets it off well.

Come on in and join the fun . . meet the ADPi's each one.
You can hear our laughter ring . . cause all we do is sing sing sing
Oh boy I'm glad I'm ADPi
Oh boy I'm glad I'm ADPi . . . .
Old 05-20-2006, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Today I was at an outdoor art show in my hometown and saw a booth set up by the local chapter of Sigma Beta Sorority, Inc., which I had never heard of before.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
I went to see a movie today and, while I was walking out of the theater, I saw an older woman with (I think) her teenage daughter. The woman was wearing a Phi Sigma Sigma jacket! I thought it was cool to see an older alum sporting letters.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
I was in Whole Foods today and saw a girl in an APO t-shirt, carrying an APO tote! Of course I had to run up and tell her I am a Brother too.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by PhoenixAzul
yep, Chile I think it might be time to send in the National Sororities, rather than the national guard.

(I just have a mental image of a bunch of sorority girls landing in the Iraqi desert, all dressed in camoflaged letters, screaming door songs and scaring the living CRAP out of the enemy...thereby securing victory).
Oh, that's precious! Can you imagine wars being fought on National Panhellenic Council Rules?!

I should mention that the "ASU" Joe mentions is Appalachian State Univerity, not Arizona.

A new one of my one: I saw a guy in a Phi Kappa Mu t-shirt. Has anyone heard of that one before?
Old 05-20-2006, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I was at the mall today and say a girl in an Alpha Sigma Tau shirt, a guy in an Omega Psi Phi shirt, and there was a table set up by some Delta Sigma Thetas with info about their sorority and stuff, I would have went and checked it out but I was only there for about 15 minutes. Decent amount of greek sitings in that short of a time, though!!!
Old 05-21-2006, 10:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Yesterday at work I ran into a guy wearing a "I'm down with the Chi O's" Tshirt. He went to Northern Arizona.

I also talked a customer who is a Delta Tau Delta alum. He initiated at WAZZU
Old 05-22-2006, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

One of my little brothers had a nicely-kept Chevy Malibu from the mid-80s. Nice alloys, good interior, body was clean, no rust, etc. This was in the mid 90's and he was keeping it in stock collector condition.

He sold it to get a pick-up truck probably about... 1995 or so. I was alum already at that point.

Well, I saw it about a years and a half ago, all tricked out like you'd see a street rod. Hydraulics, hood scoop, lots and lots of chrome, etc.

I knew it was his because of the Phi Sig decal still in the lower-left corner of the back windshield. He about crapped himself when I told him about it.

Old 05-22-2006, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw a girl in a cute Phi Mu shirt in TJ Maxx, then I was in a discount fabric store today and they had fuzzy ADPi print fabric (it was really ugly - I think they messed the color up in that batch or something). I shop too much ...
Old 05-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by DSTRen13
I saw a girl in a cute Phi Mu shirt in TJ Maxx, then I was in a discount fabric store today and they had fuzzy ADPi print fabric (it was really ugly - I think they messed the color up in that batch or something). I shop too much ...
I saw that ADPi fabric - it was nasty!! Obviously, they didn't know the colors or something. BTW, there's no such thing as shopping too much!
Old 05-23-2006, 07:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I met a girl at the dog park, wearing a Lambda Chi Alpha Watermelon Bust shirt. She is an AGD @ EKU.