GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,585
1 members and 1,584 guests
FSUZeta

Old 04-23-2003, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

HA! Lets see, i'm sitting here wearing all A&F and bowling shoes. I must be a sheep then. I do like abercrombie, they have nice clothes.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-23-2003, 11:05 PM
Banned

Actually if people knew more about clothing they wouldn't make remarks based on the quality of A&F. I have a friend who works in fashion and A&F generally gets rated number one for quality (this isn't going against high end fashion). In fact none of the clothing I have that's A&F has come apart at all and if it gets stained, it looks cool still.

On top of that, I find people who talk crap about people wearing A&F to be sheep themselves. They all say the same crap and seem rather concerned that they don't wear A&F so they don't "look like everyone else." Get real.

-Rudey
--And dinosis needs to stop pretending she dated anyone. His name was Sloth and he existed only on the TV screen.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

OhhhhHHHHhhhh NOOoooOOO I've been found out!

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 04-24-2003, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Actually if people knew more about clothing they wouldn't make remarks based on the quality of A&F. I have a friend who works in fashion and A&F generally gets rated number one for quality (this isn't going against high end fashion). In fact none of the clothing I have that's A&F has come apart at all and if it gets stained, it looks cool still.

On top of that, I find people who talk crap about people wearing A&F to be sheep themselves. They all say the same crap and seem rather concerned that they don't wear A&F so they don't "look like everyone else." Get real.

-Rudey
--And dinosis needs to stop pretending she dated anyone. His name was Sloth and he existed only on the TV screen.
I keep saying it, and I'll say it again. The elementary school kids I work with wear A&F and make a big deal about it. If this company is going to market children's clothing, it needs to be durable. Kids are very tough on clothing and anyone here who is a parent, works with kids, or has young children in the family knows this. Also marekting thong underwear to 8 year olds is disturbing, and the Asian shirts were insulting. I'm happy you like to shop there but I don't care for them based on quality and marketing strategies.

I am sure plenty of people dislike the Lily Pulitzer I own, and that's fine. There is at least one item on here someone mentioned that I own, and I let them have their opinion. That's all this is, an opinion, I don't know any of you, and it isn't personal. Not many people *I* know wear A&F and I see it at my job. I wear what I like from a variety of places, and I have yet to find anything from the A&F catalog that my friend in the mail room shows me that I would ever want to purchase, likely because I can find the same item elsewhere for less.

*edited for a glaring spelling error*

Last edited by aurora_borealis; 04-24-2003 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:07 AM
Banned

Hey babe,
you had your opinion and I had mine. Heck you could write a response the length of a Russian novel and I'll still have my opinion.

-Rudey
--You don't make much sense anyway. Make love to me.

Quote:
Originally posted by aurora_borealis
I keep saying it, and I'll say it again. The elementary school kids I work with wear A&F and make a big deal about it. If this company is going to market children's clothing, it needs to be durable. Kids are very tough on clothing and anyone here who is a parent, works with kids, or has young children in the family knows this. Also marekting thong underwear to 8 year olds is disturbing, and the Asian shirts were insulting. I'm happy you like to shop there but I don't care for them based on quality and marketing strategies.

I am sure plenty of people dislike the Lily Pulitzer I own, and that's fine. There is at least one item on here someone mentioned that I own, and I let them have their opinion. That's all this is, an opinion, I don't know any of you, and it isn't personal. Not many people *I* know wear A&F and I see it at my job. I wear what I like from a variety of places, and I have yet to find anything from the A&F catalog that my friend in the mail room shows me that I would ever want to purchase, likely because I can find the same item elsewhere for less.

*edited for a glaring spelling error*
Old 04-24-2003, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
Hey babe,
you had your opinion and I had mine. Heck you could write a response the length of a Russian novel and I'll still have my opinion.

-Rudey
--You don't make much sense anyway. Make love to me.
Babe is one I haven't heard in awhile...and as a woman I likely won't make much sense to you. I'll get back to you on making love to you.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I had a wiz back pack. It broke.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shine
Oh hell no you didn't go there:
Hey! No dissing on my Nalgene bottle! I like my raspberry pink Nalgene bottle. Hydration is KEY and I might as well get something durable and cute looking that I can use for my summers in the mountains too.

Also, I live in the desert at least 8 hours from any body of water suitable for surfing. But I love surfwear. It goes good for the hot weather here, and I think it's damn cute.

Don't be dissin on me wearing sandals and bearing my toes. They look good!

I personally carry a messenger bag, but don't diss on backpacks on rollers. That's better than causing yourself scoliosis.

And let me have my damn music. Personal stereos are made for people to be able to take music with them. Unless they're so loud they infringe on you, why do you care?

As for stuff I agree with:
People that get dressed to the nines to go to school at ANY age bother me. It's SCHOOL, not the clubs or bars.

Thug wear also pisses me off beyond belief. It just looks so tacky.

Girls wearing ties. Avril sucks, don't try to be like her.

Visible lipliner. Visible underwear, too. Eww.

People that talk in cyber lingo in real life. Well actually, people that talk in cyber lingo online, too. Speak in properly punctuated and capitalized sentences, please.

And the biggest one is the fact that so many stores are promoting SKANKY ass clothes for juniors and kids. People under 18 should not be wearing thongs. People under 16 should not be SEXY. They should be CUTE.

My own personal peeves:
I hate the fake look. Girls that have fake tans, fake nails, fake hair color and fake personalities. None of these are especially attractive, but the tanning is the worst. Hello??! Cancer?!?! Be YOU.

Overweight women that wear clothes 5 sizes to small for them. It's not attractive on Anna Nicole, and it's not attractive on you either. Wear something that FLATTERS you.

Everything corporate America, especially hoity toity ass starbucks that charges you $5 for a cup of coffee that you could get the same quality at Circle K for $.99. I also hate people that wear clothing with big logos on it. Screw logos, I'm not a billboard.

People that walk around with a Starbucks in one hand, their cellphone and a cigarette in the other. I just want to give them a shot of Xanax or something.
Old 04-24-2003, 05:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Shine
Oh hell no you didn't go there:
Hey! No dissing on my Nalgene bottle! I like my raspberry pink Nalgene bottle. Hydration is KEY and I might as well get something durable and cute looking that I can use for my summers in the mountains too.

Also, I live in the desert at least 8 hours from any body of water suitable for surfing. But I love surfwear. It goes good for the hot weather here, and I think it's damn cute.

Don't be dissin on me wearing sandals and bearing my toes. They look good!
As long as you aren't carrying a different Nalgene bottle to match every outfit, that was my gripe. It was the article in the newspaper with the teens that did coordinate them to an outfit, that is a bit too far. I like how the lid/cap has a loop and you can attach it to things, handy for summer backpacking.

Good for you for not having crusty toes, sandals are a warm weather plus, disgusting feet are not. I wish everyone was a courteous as you, there are some SCARY feet in Anchorage.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shine
Quote:
Originally posted by aurora_borealis
As long as you aren't carrying a different Nalgene bottle to match every outfit, that was my gripe. It was the article in the newspaper with the teens that did coordinate them to an outfit, that is a bit too far. I like how the lid/cap has a loop and you can attach it to things, handy for summer backpacking.

Good for you for not having crusty toes, sandals are a warm weather plus, disgusting feet are not. I wish everyone was a courteous as you, there are some SCARY feet in Anchorage.
Yes, I just have my one Nalgene bottle. They're supposed to last FOREVER, why get more than one? Silly teenagers.

As for the feet, I pedicure myself once a week. That includes the whole works like I was going to a salon. If things chip or get dry, I'll do a mid-week update.

That's almost essential living here in AZ. I wear flip flops almost 365 days a year.

But amazingly, there ARE people here with NASTY ass feet that wear sandals and you almost want to hand them a pair of socks and a bottle of lotion.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to White_Chocolate
i'm sorry but i will not date any guy who is over the age of 21 and wearing AF t-shirts. that's what you join a fraternity and buy shirts for. i'm more impressed with a white beater or no shirt than i am in AF. when i see a guy in AF clothes, i think 'mama's boy' or 'still struggling to get over high school' or 'no job, wearing my brother's clothes'. . .plus the stuff looked very salvation army. why pay $40 for a shirt you can get for $2 at the local goodwill?
the same goes with girls. . .

i hate little girls under the age of 18 who wear express. which is why i don't shop there anymore. i'm strictly banana and any other store that they would find too old for them.

speaking of bassing in cars, rock music is not cool to bass too. and neither is country. turn it up loud and sing to it but please don't buy subs unless you're blasting rock rap.

girls who wear logo or words on their shirts to the club. that is not cute. it screams skank.

those friggin' white platform tennis shoes. why would platform tennis be cool?

flip flops worn with every single outfit. okay for guys. no for girls. they invented sexy sandals for a reason.

i like bowling shoes. . .but not a pair for everything you wear.

leather in the spring. . .leather on full-figured people.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by White_Chocolate
i'm sorry but i will not date any guy who is over the age of 21 and wearing AF t-shirts. that's what you join a fraternity and buy shirts for. i'm more impressed with a white beater or no shirt than i am in AF. when i see a guy in AF clothes, i think 'mama's boy' or 'still struggling to get over high school' or 'no job, wearing my brother's clothes'. . .plus the stuff looked very salvation army. why pay $40 for a shirt you can get for $2 at the local goodwill?
the same goes with girls. . .

i hate little girls under the age of 18 who wear express. which is why i don't shop there anymore. i'm strictly banana and any other store that they would find too old for them.

speaking of bassing in cars, rock music is not cool to bass too. and neither is country. turn it up loud and sing to it but please don't buy subs unless you're blasting rock rap.

girls who wear logo or words on their shirts to the club. that is not cute. it screams skank.

those friggin' white platform tennis shoes. why would platform tennis be cool?

flip flops worn with every single outfit. okay for guys. no for girls. they invented sexy sandals for a reason.

i like bowling shoes. . .but not a pair for everything you wear.

leather in the spring. . .leather on full-figured people.
You crack me up!!! Flip Flops when there is snow on the ground is BAD. Worse than that??? Flip flops with SOCKS.

Those shirts with sayings on them that are not applicable to the wearer such as "angel, hottie, cutie, sexy, princess etc" They should have honest ones like : "low self-esteem", "I want attention", "I paid 5,000 for these so please look at them", "take me home before the lights come up", "walk of shame gold medal winner" and "will shack for beer".

My friend had on backless white platform Skechers and tripped in front of some guys...her dress flew up and when I was helping her up my klutz ass fell over and broke the strap on my sandal. The guys bought us drinks though.

A jacked up 1980's rusted out Subaru Brat swathed in duct tape blaring DMX went by...it came back by blaring Alan Jackson
Old 04-24-2003, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

IMO, if people who wear A+F are spoiled kids who's parents pay for their clothes (far from the truth in my case), I'll have to say the same about those who wear clothes from Stucture/Express, Bananna Republic, Gap, Bebe's, etc. some that sh*t is also expensive as hell.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?

Last edited by Dionysus; 04-24-2003 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ariesrising

Really pointy-toe shoes - who has feet shaped like a dagger? Conversely those really really square toe shoes are weird too.
i won't lie, this one chick rocks them sometimes and she look sexy as hell in them.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dionysus
IMO, if people who wear A+F are spoiled kids who's parents pay for their clothes (far from the truth in my case), I'll have to say the same about those who wear clothes from Stucture/Express, Bananna Republic, Gap, Bebe's, etc. all that sh*t is also expensive as hell.
I haven't set foot in one of those stores in years. Though we have 2 Gaps and a BR in town. I am an addict of the Macy's sales racks for clothes and shoes. Or I shop in my store because I have a discount. I even get clothes at Target, especially summer and trendy stuff that i'll only wear for three months. Being a responsible adult is freaking expensive (I just paid my bills and balanced my checkbook so I am feeling it this morning).