GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Gamma Rho
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,445
0 members and 1,445 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Had a general question about Greek Life

Well, the situation goes as follows okay when I first transfered to this university that I am currently attending, I didn't really know anyone..I went to a party that the XYZ Organization threw through..and started hanging out with them..but I never really expressed intrest but I did hang out with them..I went to a few parties,one social,to be honest with you I really wasn't feeling them that much..they were cool, but I kept an open mind with the situation....so what ended up happening is that I moved into my new apartment and guess what she's from a totally different organization and we click she left me pamplets to read, invited me out to some of their functions...but never went I did go out with them to a party..but other than that..nothing else..but while we were out members of the other organization who I had first met seen me with them....and the thing is that these two organizations have beef that I wasn't aware of ...until a couple of people told me..but anyways..I called one of the members of the first organization that I had became friends with and I asked her Are you and your organiztion stepping? and she replied no..that must be another chapter..come to find out she lied....for no reason..well I guess their is a reason..and my question is do you think that the reason she told me that is because they feel I 'm showing intrest with the other organization because they seen me out with them? Second, is that part of the protocol, only hang out with people that are in the organization that you are intrested in?Because if that's the case then I don't want to be greek at all...!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-17-2005, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
*coming through to drop this off for the GC record:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...threadid=61860

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...threadid=61961

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...threadid=61962

*Running back out!*

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: the sleeper cab of my tractor trailer all over the 48
Send a message via Yahoo to jojapeach
preciousjeni, You're cool with me!

I saw what was happening, but I'm glad you provided links to the threads for us.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

What is Happening....?
Old 01-17-2005, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to 1browngirl Send a message via Yahoo to 1browngirl
Quote:
Originally posted by September26libr
What is Happening....?
September26libr - what I would recommend is following the excellent advice given to you by the members of Delta Sigma Theta. From your earlier post on DST Blvd it seems that DST is the org that you're interested in. The ladies in that forum provided you with some insight (actually insight that can pertain to anyone interested in any greek org). I would take heed to what they have told you.

What I don't understand is why you have posted the same thing in several different forums.

Greater Service, Greater Progress since 1922

Last edited by 1browngirl; 01-17-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to btb87 Send a message via Yahoo to btb87
Quote:
Originally posted by 1browngirl
What I don't understand is why you have posted the same thing in several different forums.
And September26libr, this is what's happening. See, most of the D9 read each others' forums, and post in each others' forums, so chances are that if you post in one area, someone from another Sorority has seen what you've posted in the Delta forum, per se.

Be patient; someone will be with you shortly.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Precious Jeni!

Thanks to all the members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated for providing the valuable wisdom and words of advice without sarcasm. So given the advice, this is what is happening young lady:

Don't come here asking questions about membership in another organization especially since you have already been given the answers. And those were very good answers! Probably more than you would have ever been given on the internet or even face to face.

You're welcome to post here anytime you want but please be mindful that we check out each others forums from time to time.

Welcome to GC.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Precious Jeni, you beat me to it. She started this same thread over in ZPB Boulevard, too.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 01-18-2005, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Question Reading is fundamental

As other members have posted, many D9 members and interests do cross-post in each other's forums. It is puzzling as to why this would appear in other forums.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueReign
Thanks Precious Jeni!

Thanks to all the members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated for providing the valuable wisdom and words of advice without sarcasm. So given the advice, this is what is happening young lady:

Don't come here asking questions about membership in another organization especially since you have already been given the answers. And those were very good answers! Probably more than you would have ever been given on the internet or even face to face.

You're welcome to post here anytime you want but please be mindful that we check out each others forums from time to time.

Welcome to GC.
Soror Bluereign (and SistaGreeks CT4 and Strive) pretty much said all there was to say. Good luck with your quest

Last edited by TRSimon; 01-18-2005 at 12:25 PM.
Closed Thread