GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,378
0 members and 1,378 guests
No Members online

Old 09-09-2012, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
ANYWHO, putting this thread back on track...parties should have started around 45 minutes ago. Any updates from moms/rec writers on how many invites their PNMs got? If I'm correct, we have

- AngelMom
- Illinoisdg aka runtime
- 908sfirst

with daugthers and

- DG Illinois

with 3 rec girls and

- Larkspur12

with a sister.

Did I miss anyone?

Last edited by lovespink88; 09-09-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: forgot one!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-09-2012, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinoisdg View Post
1. My signature states I am not affiliated

2. You complained that you were confused. For future reference, as you want me to keep posting here...DGillinois starts With the letter "D", and Illinoisdg starts with the letter "I"' if that helps you from being confused.
Would you like it if someone bullied your daughter like this?
Old 09-09-2012, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
There is the mentality of a group of people ganging up on one. I posted nothing rude at all until I was personally attacked. Some dummy accused my daughter of being a superstar, when she doesnt know a thing about her. Funny how your crusade to defend evil has not yet touched her, or the other rude people. If you are truly concerned about being nice, then check out the posts that have attacked me, including yours, by the way. If this is what sororities members are or what the supposedly grow up to be, you can have it. You hope my daughter is nicer that what I appear to be, and I hope you are more intelligent than you appear to be. Touché. Or do you just toss out little jabs and expect not to be poked back?

My daughter and I are good and kind people, but we do not cave to bullies. I posted about her experience, and not one response to that...just about the username and personal attacks on me. Those of you who have engaged in these attacks are petty, shallow, crass people. But it is never too late to be introspective and evolve into a higher thinking mammal. There is hope for you all who attack.

To DGillinois: I never intentionally tried to mimic your name. I put on my signature after I was informed that it is not proper form that I am not associated with Delta Gamma. I apologize if it created any confusion, and I have asked the administrator for a name change. Even though I feel that it is silly, particularly since my signature makes it clear I am not affiliated with your sorority, I will stop posting under that name. The proviso is that there are are no other attacks on me. I will do that you of respect to you personally for not being rude.

A final thought. I could have come here and pretended I was a delta gamma and nobody would have known otherwise. For all anybody here knows, nobody is who they claim to be. I was honest, apologized, made attempts to change the name, and have been attacked by many people for no reason. Those people need to take a look at what is important in life.

And a final, final thought, out of respect for DGillinois, do not make any more nasty responses to my posts, because if you do, I will NOT change my name, and you will have nobody to blame but yourselves.
So you threaten those on the board, question my intelligence, call others shallow and we need to evolve? I hate to say this but I think you overreacted to an inital post about someone suggesting that you change you create a new account because your screen name was confusing to others. I know that you have added a tag line in your signature and that was a good effort. Unfortunately that is the last thing anyone reads when looking at a post. hence the suggestion by others to just create a new account.
I wish your daughter a good recruitment
Old 09-09-2012, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
And a final, final thought, out of respect for DGillinois, do not make any more nasty responses to my posts, because if you do, I will NOT change my name, and you will have nobody to blame but yourselves.
That's...one hell of a threat? In any case, I'm glad your daughter had a good day yesterday, and I hope today goes well for her too.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

You are the best... you got everyone on there! I always get nervous when I don't hear from anyone.
My 3 girls did not get everyone back, but 1 has 3 pref parties, and the other 2 have 2 pref parties. They all have a house that they would love to be in and you can only be in 1 so all if good! I get the overall feeling they are so ready for it to be finished, but isn't everyone.
I was not a fan of getting my invite list back, regardless of what was on it
or how well it went. It's just a process that is so hard to understand until you go through it. I am wishing everyone the very best and hoping that all our ladies going through are having a wonderful day. Pref parties are very special and were my favorite part of recruitment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespink88 View Post
ANYWHO, putting this thread back on track...parties should have started around 45 minutes ago. Any updates from moms/rec writers on how many invites their PNMs got? If I'm correct, we have

- AngelMom
- Illinoisdg
- 908sfirst

with daugthers and

- DG Illinois

with 3 rec girls and

- Larkspur12

with a sister.

Did I miss anyone?
Old 09-09-2012, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

- AngelMom
- Illinoisdg
- 908sfirst

with daugthers and

- DG Illinois

with 3 rec girls and

- Larkspur12

with a sister.

Did I miss anyone?

my daughter ended up being asked back to the 3 she really likes. an unexpected and thrilling surprise for her. she is on cloud 9....for now at least!! good luck to all your girls. this is my second going through the rush process and it is not easy....i think harder for us than our kids.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

- AngelMom
- Illinoisdg
- 908sfirst

with daugthers and

- DG Illinois

with 3 rec girls and

- Larkspur12

with a sister.

Did I miss anyone?
Gee, hope this thread doesn't get closed before we find out what happens to these PNMs going thru Illinois Recruitment . . .
Old 09-09-2012, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
They have their lists already? Did prefs start at noon? That sucks, I always liked it better when it was dark outside during prefs.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Illinois View Post
You are the best... you got everyone on there! I always get nervous when I don't hear from anyone.
My 3 girls did not get everyone back, but 1 has 3 pref parties, and the other 2 have 2 pref parties. They all have a house that they would love to be in and you can only be in 1 so all if good! I get the overall feeling they are so ready for it to be finished, but isn't everyone.
or how well it went. It's just a process that is so hard to understand until you go through it. I am wishing everyone the very best and hoping that all our ladies going through are having a wonderful day. Pref parties are very special and were my favorite part of recruitment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 614 View Post
my daughter ended up being asked back to the 3 she really likes. an unexpected and thrilling surprise for her. she is on cloud 9....for now at least!! good luck to all your girls. this is my second going through the rush process and it is not easy....i think harder for us than our kids.
Woo for all of your PNMs! 614, that is especially great news! Yay for her for having the WONDERFUL problem of having to choose between 3 chapters she likes. Hopefully pref will help her out a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
Gee, hope this thread doesn't get closed before we find out what happens to these PNMs going thru Illinois Recruitment . . .
Annnnnnnnnnnd mentioning the thread lock seems to always be the jinx before the thread lock. I hope I'm proven wrong.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
They have their lists already? Did prefs start at noon? That sucks, I always liked it better when it was dark outside during prefs.
Yep prefs started at 11:30 and will be done early evening (looks like they have 4 hour long time slots).
Old 09-09-2012, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 614 View Post
YAY! I'm so glad to hear that. I haven't posted in this thread yet, but had been reading it.

I think it is easier because the PNMs are going through the process and have parties, while we as moms/rec writers/etc have to sit, wait and be (not so) patient during the parties in addition to the waiting for the lists. For all we know, they could be having the worst time of their life, even though it's doubtful that they are!

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 09-09-2012, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Good to hear the girls associated with those here all have parties at houses they like today!

Best wishes for all of them at pref today.. such a special part of recruitment.. I still remember mine all these years later.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowlady View Post
So you threaten those on the board, question my intelligence, call others shallow and we need to evolve? I hate to say this but I think you overreacted to an inital post about someone suggesting that you change you create a new account because your screen name was confusing to others. I know that you have added a tag line in your signature and that was a good effort. Unfortunately that is the last thing anyone reads when looking at a post. hence the suggestion by others to just create a new account.
I wish your daughter a good recruitment
Sorry, but the post I responded to was more than just a suggestion. Here it is:
"Your user name is very confusing. I thought you were one of the real Illinois DGs that post in here and this was about your legacy rush at your school which is always very interesting to me. If I were a DG I would be really offended by you still using my letters especially since some other people have already told you how rude it is so now you know and being new to this is no excuse. It would be easy to do the right thing and be nice and start over with a new name."

Had she just posted the name was confusing and politely suggested a change, that would have been one thing. Instead, she said that DGIllinois should be really offended, thereby trying to instigate something, said that I know how"rude" it is, and claimed that being new is "no excuse." And she had ZERO to add to my comment. So she was rude, and was your comment that you hope my daughter is nicer than I appear to be. Funny, I specifically wrote that if you did not want me to reply to let up, but you and old row just cant stop. If me posting with this name bothers you so, stop engaging me.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Illinois View Post
DGillinois, I said I will give up my username and stop posting after the attacks stop...do you want me to post after I learn of my daughter's results, or refrain until I get a new name. Either way is fine with me.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Sorry, but the post I responded to was more than just a suggestion. Here it is:
"Your user name is very confusing. I thought you were one of the real Illinois DGs that post in here and this was about your legacy rush at your school which is always very interesting to me. If I were a DG I would be really offended by you still using my letters especially since some other people have already told you how rude it is so now you know and being new to this is no excuse. It would be easy to do the right thing and be nice and start over with a new name."

Had she just posted the name was confusing and politely suggested a change, that would have been one thing. Instead, she said that DGIllinois should be really offended, thereby trying to instigate something, said that I know how"rude" it is, and claimed that being new is "no excuse." And she had ZERO to add to my comment. So she was rude, and was your comment that you hope my daughter is nicer than I appear to be. Funny, I specifically wrote that if you did not want me to reply to let up, but you and old row just cant stop. If me posting with this name bothers you so, stop engaging me.
There is nothing rude about that post. You deliberately continued to use a user name several others informed you was offensive in a another thread and I had to go back and read all of that because I thought you were someone else in this thread. People gave you an easy solution in that thread to create a new user account but you refused. So that makes you not only a bully but a perp because no one reads signatures.

Quote:
DGillinois, I said I will give up my username and stop posting after the attacks stop...do you want me to post after I learn of my daughter's results, or refrain until I get a new name. Either way is fine with me.
I think most of us would prefer a rude bully like you to no longer post here at all.