GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 1,354
0 members and 1,354 guests
No Members online

Old 08-13-2011, 09:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I have heard through the grape vine that quota will be around 75. I hear rush is going very well for all of the sororities. I hope they all make quota and that all the girls going through who have found that they definitely want to be a part of a sorority get a bid. In a perfect world of rush, this would happen.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-13-2011, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
This morning a pnm may receive up to six invitations. Tomorrow she may receive up to three invitations.

Thanks! I could not remember for the life of me. And I had thought it was now three for prefs. Years ago it was only two. I am crossing my fingers for my friend. It is not as anxiety ridden as when my own daughters went through but I am nervous for her just the same.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:47 AM
GreekChat Member

This morning I heard one of the women I know who is at Georgia received six invitations for today. She is thrilled and grateful.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Good News and Bad News. The good news is that my cousin was not released and received 4 invitations. The bad news is that two of her three favorites did not invite her back, including her ultimate favorite. She is really dissapointed and baffled, considering that she built a really strong relationship with the girls there, and one of them personally told her that she hoped to see her tomorrow (today) and again on pref day. Ironically, the 2 houses that she did not feel she had the strongest bond with early on (which, in turn, invited her back yesterday and she became content with them) invited her back. Perhaps they (Cookie Dough and Strawberry) really see something in her and that relationship can be built even stronger. The 4th invite is on behalf of a house (Chocolate) that she really likes, although it was not one of her top 3. She's trying to keep an open mind, but is hoping that things go really well with her new favorite (which was one of her 3 favorite from after day 1). She is now down to: Chocolate, Vanilla (her new favorite which has been in the top 3 all along), Cookie Dough and Strawberry. In other news, her best friends (and roommate), who is keeping an open mind, and has really had no clear-cut favorites, has 3 invites. She has been invited back to: Mint Chocolate Chip, Black Rasberry and Chocolate (the very same as my cousin). It'd be real neat if they ended up in the same place, but my cousin said that it is not a factor what so ever.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Those girls may indeed have meant it when they said they wanted to see her there on pref, but they likely (membership decision processes are private) had to convince the rest of the chapter, and if there were other PNMs who had stronger, louder, more numerous cheerleaders, then that might mean your cousin didn't win a spot on the invite list. Pure speculation - we have NO idea what those houses' membership processes are - but the point is that her not receiving an invite back does not mean that those actives were not sincere about their desire to see your cousin back at pref.

Just tell her to be the best her she can be for the remainder of recruitment, and hopefully one of these houses (all of which are fabulous - I don't even need to know which houses they are to know that - it's UGA!) will be her new home.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

That's very true. It's really unfortunate because my cousin is one of the sweetest girls you will ever meet. But she does have options! I'll post later tonight and tomorrow morning (hopefully with good news on behalf of her and her friend).
Old 08-13-2011, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Extra party added to round 3. Long day for these women.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

How can they add a party on the day of the event? Aren't the schedules already printed and out there? Or am I a day ahead of myself?
Old 08-13-2011, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

so many broken hearts today. my heart goes out to all the sisters and pnms.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybeth3 View Post
Bad news so far? My cousin did not tell me when her day was going to end today when I texted her this morning. Is there a schedule on the uga website?
Old 08-13-2011, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Following the #ugarecruitment hashtag on twitter is pretty interesting to say the least

Last edited by wareagle93; 08-13-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

What are they saying?
Old 08-13-2011, 06:12 PM
NUKaydee

I didn't see anything particularly interesting on #ugarecruitment. Just happy active/pnms and one twitter user attempting to be funny/"sratty".

Last edited by NUKaydee; 08-13-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
How can they add a party on the day of the event? Aren't the schedules already printed and out there? Or am I a day ahead of myself?
Pnms could go to 6 parties as usual, but each chapter had 7 parties this round, due to the high numbers of pnms.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybeth3 View Post
PNMs who I spoke to were a little sad, but not heartbroken. However, they each told me of at least one friend or acquaintance who was released or dropped out. The post-round 2 cuts are the worst, I think.