GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,721
0 members and 1,721 guests
No Members online

Old 07-15-2003, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
<3 Rachel's Recruitment Thread <3

WELL, I know everyone loves rush threads so here mine is!!!!

I'm rushing at ASU this fall!!!!!
There are eleven sororities at ASU:
Alpha Chi Omega
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Gamma Delta
Alpha Phi
Chi Omega
Delta Gamma
Gamma Phi Beta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Delta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Pi Beta Phi

I will be rushing as a sophomore (I should be a junior), but I have 55 credits (56 is a junior!!!), so I'm right on the edge because I took last semester off. I'm transferring from USC, where I did rush, however dropped out in the middle because I really didn't feel like I found anywhere for me. I instead joined a local sorority, Alpha Gamma Gamma and it was exactly what I needed. I love all those girls so much, and they will always play a huge role in my life! I was also involved in Panhellenic (as a local chapter and an associate member) and I want to continue to be greek!!
I'm really excited for rush and I hope everything works out for the best, whichever house I end up in!

**Edited because I can't spell the word "here" and instead wrote "hear"!!**

Last edited by absolutuscchick; 07-15-2003 at 01:00 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-15-2003, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck! You have a lot of great choices. I can't wait to read all about it.
Is it August yet?
Old 07-15-2003, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Today I mailed in my application to ASU Panhellenic (yes, it seems I am too lazy to drive twenty minutes away!)

I also talked to a woman from Phoenix Panhellenic again and I got the list of Alumnae Chairwomen who would be willing to write reccomendations. I am in the process of filling the Personal Information sheet out and getting my references solid. Right now, I have down the panhellenic advisor at USC as my first reference, I only have two find two more!!

CLOTHING!!!
I need to go shopping for more rush clothes, but I'm sooo broke so I think I'm going to have to wait for a bit.

DAY ONE or TWO: I have a really cute, simple white skirt that I got on sale at the gap and a bright red micheal stars t-shirt that I'm planning to wear either the first or second day of rush with a pair of cute steve madden espandrilles!!!

DAY THREE: I have this really cute, sort of gauzy on top, cotton, black skirt that is sort of poufy and really cute (it kind of reminds me of like an Alice In Wonderland type skirt if that makes any sense!!) I want to wear it with high black sandals and I'm not yet sure about the top, but I was kind of thinking a black tank top and this REALLY cute cardigan I saw at Lucky (It's blue and has a black cat on it)

PREF: I also think that I'm going to wear a black halter dress for Pref that I already have (a new, brightly colored one just isn't going to happen!!) But I want to make it stand out somehow. What do you all suggest? I also have really long straight blonde hair, any suggestions on what to do with it for pref...I'm completely hopeless with updos!!! Also, any suggestions on where to get completely cute black shoes (I LOVE Steve Madden's Gwynith, but it doesn't fit me very well )
Old 07-15-2003, 01:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Best wishes to you!!! You have stellar organizations at your school! I hope you find your home & have tons of fun @ recruitment!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 02:17 AM
GreekChat Member

My three zillionth post of the day.....

So I just tried on the black dress I was planning to wear to Pref....and I am completely freaking out!!!! The top part of it is just not fitting at all anymore...it looks like I may need to find another dress (and another job to pay for all my clothes!!) Hopefully though, my mom will be able to do something so that it fits perfectly!!!!

P.S. only 49 days until the first day of rush!!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 05:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to hottytoddy Send a message via AIM to hottytoddy Send a message via Yahoo to hottytoddy
If that dress doesn't fit you could probably find an inexpensive strapless black dress... I just got one for like $30 at TJ Maxx, It was kinda poofy like the skirt you were describing...and wear some big pearls with it...I love that look..some Betty Rubble-looking ones or double strand pearls. Very simple, classy look-kina like an old movie star. You can get cheap pearls at like antique shops, I just bought a double strand for $4 at an antique shop.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
If you are going to wear a black dress...my response is just to wear some item of jewelry or something in your hair that is distinct...Like a necklace that stands out...or a neat clip or flower in you hair. The big thing is something that makes you you...
Old 07-15-2003, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
Perhaps you could offset a black dress with a cardigan of a different color. I'd suggest something soft to compliment your blonde hair, like pink or light blue, but I'm cheesy.

How does the top not fit? Too big, too small? Would a cardigan cover it up? (I worry a little about the fact that it's a halter top, but I don't know what the norm is at ASU.)

Or just go pick up something cute but reasonably priced at TJ Maxx, like hottytoddy suggested.

I wish we had like a big communal closet you could all raid!

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 07-15-2003, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Pref Hair

ohhhh, all this talk about rush is getting me even more excited!...for your pref night hair, you can always go to hair cuttery or some other chain salon and get it done for like $20...sometimes they also have discount prices for new stylists or trainees who're new to the place too...ask around your hall too, i always end up doing a bunch of updos for sisters during rush because i like doing hair you might be able to find someone with good styling skills who'll do it as a favor!
Old 07-15-2003, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedFox
Yay

Yay! Another transfer PNM who isn't a freshman! I'm a junior who just transferred and I"m rushing in the fall at Univ of Tennessee!! Good luck during recruitment! I can't wait to hear your story
Old 07-15-2003, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Yay

Quote:
Originally posted by RedFox
Yay! Another transfer PNM who isn't a freshman! I'm a junior who just transferred and I"m rushing in the fall at Univ of Tennessee!! Good luck during recruitment! I can't wait to hear your story
Are there ANY freshman PNMs this year? I think we're all transfers, juniors, or nontraditionals.

Good luck!
Old 07-15-2003, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

AstroAPhi: It's a little too big; way cute though, I'm hoping my mom will be able to work her magic though!! I haven't seen her though since my last post, so hopefully tonight I can ask her.

hottytoddy: An antique store is an AWESOME idea!!! I need to look around for furniture for my new apartment anyways!!!

AXOKatie: the idea about new stylists is an awesome one, I think I'll definitely have to check it out!

Everyone else: Thank you for your words of encouragement and ideas!!!!!

Old 07-15-2003, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Yay

Quote:
Originally posted by MTSUGURL
Are there ANY freshman PNMs this year? I think we're all transfers, juniors, or nontraditionals.
Hehe seriously! The only freshman I've heard from is scbaby who is also rushing at ASU! But there are soooo many of us transfers, juniors, and nontraditional students!!! It's awesome!!
Old 07-15-2003, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, 49 days! Its coming so fast. I hope you are excited cause I know all of us ASU sorority girls cant wait to see the PNM's!
Old 07-15-2003, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to hottytoddy Send a message via AIM to hottytoddy Send a message via Yahoo to hottytoddy
I have fallen in love with antique stores lately. I am also shopping for furniture for my apartment. My roomate bought an old windowpane at an antique shop and made a coffee table out of it. It is sooo cute. Then she got this old toy chest and somehow made a wine rack out of it. I found lots of really neat (ok yes, I just said 'neat') furniture at antique shops. I have bought several things here lately. you'd be surprised what you can find there.