GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,476
2 members and 1,474 guests
naraht

Old 07-21-2003, 02:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool Another rush Story: Update "Actuall Rush thread"

Hi everyone! I guess this is my first post on Greek chat, but I have been reading the posts for a week now. I am almost positive that I will rush this fall. A few months ago, I did not know anything about the rush process. But thanks to this site, I am now so excited about rush. Reading the posts here has given me so many tips, answered many questions, and created new worries. Thank you again GC for inspiring me to rush! You can look forward to one more rush story in a month. Let’s hope it has a happy ending.

Last edited by Erica07; 08-30-2003 at 03:43 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-21-2003, 04:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZetaMelOU
Yay!!! Go you!!! I'm glad you've decided to go greek! What school will you be attending in the fall?
Old 07-21-2003, 05:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes Erica -- tell us what school you're attending and what sororities are there....have you thought about wardrobe etc? Tell us all the details!! YAY! another rush thread -- August cannot come soon enough!
Old 07-21-2003, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Yay! That's so exciting! I can't wait for the whole first page of the Rush forum to be filled with Rush Stories!! Yippy Skippy!

Good Luck Erica! And welcome to GC!
Old 07-21-2003, 11:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
YIPPIE!!! Im so excited for school to start lol I love rush stories theyre so addictive!! but they get me through the first 2 months or so of school lol what school will you be attending??

Nichole
Old 07-21-2003, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

The school I am going to has 4 sororities. They are Chi Omega, Alpha Omicron Pi, Phi Mu, and Zeta Tau Alpha. I do not really know much about rush at my school, because the web site hardly has any information. They said they will send more information in August. I do know that rush starts on the first day of class, so it is going to be hectic. There are five days of rush, but I do not know what the dress is for each day. I do have 2 good dresses that will work for the last two days. Other than that I do not know what I am going to wear until I get more information. Well I have to go to work now, but I will write more this evening.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Erica07
The school I am going to has 4 sororities. They are Chi Omega, Alpha Omicron Pi, Phi Mu, and Zeta Tau Alpha.
Woohoo! A Phi Mu Chapter!!

I love reading Rush stories -- especially the ones with Phi Mu in them. (So, I'm a little biased...)

Good Luck!
Old 07-21-2003, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

welcome to gc erica! best of luck with recruitment!!!
Old 07-21-2003, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Are you going to keep us guessing as to what school you attend? It's ok if you are but now I'm dying to know!

But, seriously, good luck!
Old 07-21-2003, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedFox
Best of luck with recruitment from a fellow pnm!!
Old 07-21-2003, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck from another PNM and rush thread addict!
Old 07-21-2003, 02:38 PM

Good luck Erica, and thanks for sharing your story with us. I love love LOVE recruitment threads (and like daoine, I love all of the ones with AOII involved.)
Old 07-21-2003, 05:56 PM

Best of luck! Be sure to keep us posted - we love rush threads
Old 07-23-2003, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

questions

Ok, I have been reading the board, and it seems that a good tip is to do your research and know things about the sororities. The thing is there are no local websites for the sororities at my school. There used to be a few months ago, but I guess they took them down. Are there any other ways to know anything about the sororities, or should I just not worry about it? The other question is do you think a dark red dress is good for pref night? It has a simple flower print and it is knee length. When talking to the sororities how do you tell them good things about yourself without bragging? For example, I was the valedictorian of my high school, but how should I mention that, or should I just not talk about it at all? Thanks so much for your help.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZetaMelOU
Hey! Try going to the national pages of the sororities. A lotta times it's the greek letters.org. For example, the National Page for Zeta Tau Alpha is www.zetataualpha.org. All NPC sororities have national pages. You can get some good generic information there. And if they are local, try doing a google search and see what you can find.