GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,518
0 members and 2,518 guests
No Members online

Old 04-05-2001, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Well, I don't know how sappy this is, but it's definately cute. My fiance and I have an awesome story of how we met. So, here it is!

When I first came to college I took a job as a waitress at the biggest restuarant in town. (It's a small town.) Well, as in any other restaurant, you tend to get a lot of regulars. One person who always used to ask to sit in my section was a little girl named Angie. She was about 8 when we first met. A lot of the other waitresses thought she was annoying, but I figured she was just lonely so I always tried to entertain her.

Fast forward a couple years, and I'm now one of the head cooks. So Angie comes in one day (she's 10 now) and calls me out of the kitchen to talk. (Not a good thing to do at a busy restaurant! ) Well, the first thing she wants to know is how old I am. Then she tells me "that's the exact same age as my big brother! You guys need to meet, so give me your phone number." Well, she's not the type of kid you say no to. Likewise, he couldn't say no to her when she insisted that he call me, even though we had never met and she had never spoken of me. We got together a few days later and have been together since.

Angie is now 13, and is one of the bridesmaids in our wedding that is on May 19th of this year. (That's in six weeks!!!! )

[This message has been edited by pbear19 (edited April 05, 2001).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-05-2001, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pbear19:
Angie is now 13, and is one of the bridesmaids in our wedding that is on May 19th of this year. (That's in six weeks!!!! )]
That is the cutest story! Congrats on the engagement too!

Old 04-05-2001, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Happy Belated Anniversary to Newbie!!!! It couldn't happen to a better person. Girl,I'm so happy that you started that thread about "The Dayof Silence." I just called one of my L friends and told her about the support...and she was elated.

Anyway, thanks everyone for posting the stories--they are all heartfelt and soo warm and fuzzy . It's great when you've just experienced a bad day!

Newbie, I'm sending you an email now.
Old 04-06-2001, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Theta-cutie:
WOW, Juniorgrrl, I'm so jealous of you. I really hope to find (or maybe the guy I am dating now will be) a soulmate. You and Josh sound like true soulmates...and it is just so ironic that you guys saw a wedding on your first date! Maybe that is a hint of what is to come, LOL. 9-7-97! That is hella cool . He sounds like the Prince to your Princess! *dreamy sigh* LOL...ahhh I love romance, too...

I was the child always reading "Cinderella," "Snow White," "Sleeping Beauty," and "The Little Mermaid."
I realized I forgot to tell ya'll one of the BEST, coolest parts of our relationship:

Josh and I are both from a smallish suburb of New Orleans. Both of our families have lived there for a long long time. My parents were attorneys that represented a local bank. His mom worked as a loan officer in that bank. I was born in February, Josh in September. My mom had recommended her OB to Josh's mom. After I was born, my mom had a giant bottle of prenatal vitamins left over - she gave them to Josh's mom.

I honestly don't remember meeting him growing up, although I always knew about him. Well, right before our 1 year anniversary, his mom found a baby picture of us together! We were in a playpen at a bank picnic and it was of just the 2 of us!

Its crazy that we didn't *really* meet until the summer before our senior year of HS, huh?

Old 04-07-2001, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Newbie...I hope you had a wonderful anniversary. Sounds like it was an awesome day. I loved the story of how you fell for your boyfriend. I was sitting here about to cry. I'm such a hopeless romantic!!! Ohh...and just to let you know...I'm having a helluva time being single!!! I finally got really tired of dating jerks after I broke up with my last ex so I'm just waiting for Mr. Right. Hopefully he's gonna come along before I'm old and gray!!! HEHEHEHEHE!!! In the meantime...I'm loving being able to flirt with anybody and everybody!!!!

Allison
Old 04-08-2001, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Hehe, Newbie is so cute...she called me the day after with the details and was literally crying with joy!!! I'm so glad sweetie that Shawn is treating you like you ought to be treated!!! Pls tell Shawn that I said hi, and that I'm darn proud of him! And guess what, Newbie? I still remember the story of how you guys met . It's got to rank among the best how-you-met stories!!! Talk to you soon, "Little Sister!" Love, Caitlin
Old 04-09-2001, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

*sigh* Newbie your story is soooooooo sweet. I love your story about how you 2 met, and that is so sweet of what Shawn did for your anniversary!!! At least now I'm certain that not all guys are jerks. Like Theta asked, how come I can't meet a football guy like your bf? HEHEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're lucky girl, youbetter hold onto him! Otherwise he's mine. j/k Does Shawn have a brother?????!!!!!

[This message has been edited by bubbles17 (edited April 09, 2001).]
Old 04-11-2001, 03:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

ive got a really cute story... but if either lesbians or meeting someone from the internet totally makes you wanna gag, just stop reading now. LOL.... fair warning?

quick backgroud, i met a girl online, convinced her to come visit me, i was already totally in love with her cuz i thought she was simply amazing.

fastforward: may, 1999,at the airport... im sitting on the floor, in front of the gate, cuz there's no seating.... she's the LAST one to get off of the plain and im absolutely dying of anticipation... she Finally gets off and shes got that scared "deer caught in the headlights" look in her eyes and she's shaking all over, well, she doesnt see me, cuz im sitting on the floor, but i see her and as shes walking by me i reach out and grab her leg and pull it into me, and just sorta hug it... shes kinda shocked, cuz she didnt see me there, so she puts her hand on my head to balance herself, and then i let go of her leg, and we just look at each other for a second, but she's so scared she has to look away.

we start walking downstairs to get her luggage and everything, and every time i try to look at her, she shoots me this look like i better stop, later i found out it was because she was soo frightened inside she thought she was going to explode...

we get to the luggage thing and we're standing there waiting, and neither of us has said a thing yet, so i look at her and im like "so where's my hug?" and she puts down her bag and wraps her arms around me and hugs me Tight, and then she says something about not being able to see the luggage pass by and how she doesnt want to miss hers, so i turn us around, still hugging, and now shes facing the luggage stuff. we hug like that for 5 minutes and everyone is staring at us, then this old lady and her husband are walking by, and it doesnt click in her head that we're gay and she says something to her husband like "oh isnt it sweet how those two friends are hugging? friendships like that are so beautiful" and it was.

then we get her stuff, go outside, cuz we're both so nervous and just Need a cigarette. LOL... so we're out there, and i stick my hand out, and she takes it, and puts her head on my shoulder, and we just stand like that for the longest time. and it was beautiful. awwww.

fastforward: we were together up until christmas of this year, and we spent a year living together... it ended... but it didnt end badly... sometimes things just have to end. regardless, it was an amazing first meeting and connection.

the end.

------------------
"watch me bounce!"
Old 04-11-2001, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

AWW, TemptingNugget--that story was simply beautiful!! yes, you're right sometimes relationships do end, but then you learn a lot from it . I'm glad it didn't end badly.

HAHA-Bubbles--I'm sorry Shawn doesn't have a brother. He has lotsa cute cousins though!
Old 04-25-2001, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I've got some! But I"m gonna make it quick--fiance wants to go on the Net, too LOL...

OK>..well, my fiance (well, then he was only my BF) waited 23 hours outside, in COLD COLD weather (light snow) to get me PLAYOFF tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I LOVE MY GUY! It was simply amazing...it was a surprise gift along with a simply gorgeous Tiffany's necklace.

The next day...we go out on a sailboat into the ocean...beautiful day...sparkling blue, clear water...bright sun, not a cloud in the sky...just a perfect setting. Guess what...he proposes!!!! Of course I say yes!!! He said to me, "You are the reason why I wake up in the morning, you are the reason why I go to sleep at night--because I want to dream of you." Sure, you might think that is cheesy--but I loved it.

Fast forward to one year later--we are getting married in about 7 months! I could go on and on...but he wants to use the comp now LOL!

and Newbie darlin' that story of what Shawn did for your anniversary was precious! What a great bf! I miss you hon! XOXOXOXOXO hugs and kisses, Jacqueline