GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,226
1 members and 2,225 guests
Xidelt

Old 09-21-2010, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

I really really want some bacalitos now.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Seriously craving cononut macaroons... I think I'll make some..
Old 09-21-2010, 08:30 AM
GreekChat Member

This morning, I was jonesing for a McDonalds griddle cake sammy. I tossed the egg, cheese and sausage and only ate the hotcake part. It was yum!

This thread reminded me of the weirdest cravings I've ever had. When I was pregnant, I used to get the weirdest cravings! Like, the thought of eating chicken made me want to puke, and the smell alone did make me puke, but I wanted KFC fried chicken skin soooooo bad. My husband, who usually is a food nazi, was kind enough at the time to go out and get me KFC, peeled off the breaded skin for, saved the meat for his lunch the next day, as well as a jar of marchino cherries (gone in one sitting), and a strawberry pie (had to look all over our little town before finding a mini-one at a Frisch's, they were out of season). Then later on, when I was 9 months along, I was out in the field with a drilling crew. We were drilling through some shallow bedrock, and there were ancient piece of limestone coming up. I wanted to eat the limestone chips. I didn't consume them, but I sucked on the rocks for a while. I was apparently lacking in some mineral!
Old 09-21-2010, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
I'm wondering if this is the same thing as bacala (I don't even know if that's how you spell it, my Italian is awful) which is an Italian dish we usually have on Christmas Eve. I think it's cod...

Anyway I've been on the strangest applesauce kick lately - I didn't like it when I was a kid, but I've had applesauce almost everyday for the past two weeks. It came out of nowhere.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusteau View Post
I'm wondering if this is the same thing as bacala (I don't even know if that's how you spell it, my Italian is awful) which is an Italian dish we usually have on Christmas Eve. I think it's cod...
It is. The actual word is bacalao which means salted cod fish. Bacalitos is a special way of making them. Essentially you shred the fish, dip the pieces in batter and deep fry them. It's sooooooo good.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AznSAE
the state fair of texas just opened on friday and they have lots of new fried foods this year. i will be trying some of these next week!

fried frito pie, fried beer, fried s'mores pot-tart, fried frozen margarita, fried club salad, fried chocolate, fried lemonade, and fried texas caviar just to name a few.

last year they had green goblins, fried butter, (oprah's favorite when she came down), twisted yam on a stick, fried peaches and cream, fried pecan pie, fried pork chips, jalapeno corn dog shrimp, and fried peanut butter cup macaroon. talk about a heart attack!
Old 09-26-2010, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
I hate you for reading this, because now I want some.