GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,893
0 members and 1,893 guests
No Members online

Old 07-05-2010, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Members PLEASE HELP!

Hello. I am an aspiring member of Alpha Kappa Alpha and I have a few questions about the process. I am a very, VERY dedicated aspirant and probably want this more than any of you could imagine, however I am missing a few things that I'm sure will effect my eligibility.

1st - reccomendations. the chapter at my school is VERY selective and these are essential. I actually can say that I don't know any aka's =/ I try to reach out to girls at schools from my neighborhood but it's all been in vain. If anyone has advice for that plese help.

2nd - community service. I have done community service in high school with a specific org. but it was 20 hours and it was very random. I understand that the organization looks for way more. I am also very interested in trying to see if there is any commnunity service that I could do with the actual sorority.

3rd (lastly) - interest letter. I am a very articulate woman and believe that if speaking, I can portray my admiration and perceived belongingness (is that a word? lol) to any member. However, when I begin to write my interest letter I freeze. there is so much that I want to say I dont know how to begin or organize or what's taboo or what's sucking up...help please!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-05-2010, 11:03 PM

Please read the "Pearls of Wisdom" thread in the AKA forum.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I cant find it anywhere...this website is very new and confusing to me =/
Old 07-05-2010, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Here
Old 07-05-2010, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgirl222 View Post
I am a very articulate woman...reccomendations...plese...commnunity ...belongingness (is that a word? lol)
tee hee.

OP, maybe you should take some time to learn the lay of the land before you start posting. just a bit of friendly advice.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

lol thanks for the typo spotting...and i was trying to but since im a new member i was only allowed on the introduction forum for a few hours...
Old 07-06-2010, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
thanks!
Old 07-06-2010, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

okay i browsed through the MANY pages and....that forum did not help me at all =/
Old 07-06-2010, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
okay i browsed through the MANY pages and....that forum did not help me at all =/
The Alpha Kappa Alpha forum didn't help you at all?

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

If you read the pearls of wisdom, then you would know that they do not answer questions here.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
lol thanks for the typo spotting...and i was trying to but since im a new member i was only allowed on the introduction forum for a few hours...
lol, so it would've taken u a few hrs to type correctly?
Old 07-06-2010, 07:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Old 07-06-2010, 09:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Hello. I am an aspiring member of Alpha Kappa Alpha and I have a few questions about the process. I am a very, VERY dedicated aspirant and probably want this more than any of you could imagine, however I am missing a few things that I'm sure will effect my eligibility.

1st - reccomendations. the chapter at my school is VERY selective and these are essential. I actually can say that I don't know any aka's=/ I try to reach out to girls at schools from my neighborhood but it's all been in vain. If anyone has advice for that plese help.

2nd - community service. I have done community service in high school with a specific org. but it was 20 hours and it was very random. I understand that the organization looks for way more. I am also very interested in trying to see if there is any commnunity service that I could do with the actual sorority.

3rd (lastly) - interest letter. I am a very articulate woman and believe that if speaking, I can portray my admiration and perceived belongingness (is that a word? lol) to any member. However, when I begin to write my interest letter I freeze. there is so much that I want to say I dont know how to begin or organize or what's taboo or what's sucking up...help please!
QFP

Where do you go to school?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

OP

If you did not get anything out of the Pearls of Wisdom, try www.aka1908.com. I always found it to be a wealth of information and knowledge when I was interested.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

It seems to me that the OP would have been more concise had she listed all the things that she had already done for herself, instead of what she still "needs". In fact, "I found GC, hand me membership" covers it in 6 words.