GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,140
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zolivilittlez29
» Online Users: 922
2 members and 920 guests
No Members online

Old 09-01-2018, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Gift ideas for moms to give daughters who've pledged

Was online looking for Gamma Phi Beta items and ran across these beautiful rings that come in yellow gold, rose gold, and silver which can be purchased for any sorority.

The page also shows cute cosmetic cases made to look like notebooks with Greek letters on it.

Thought the ring could make a lovely initiation gift (or for an alum - nice chapter advisor/house corp board gift).

Congrats to all the moms (and dads) whose daughters have joined any one of the fabulous sororities on their campus.

https://thesociallife.com/products/g...ta-custom-ring
Old 09-01-2018, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Cute items.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Fun stuff! I have been searching for the perfect initiation gift for my daughter.

She's not really into "stuff." Her dorm is a very carefully curated collection of only the things that bring her the greatest joy. She likes simplicity as she says it allows one to "breathe." Let's just say big/little week will be very interesting.

So, knowing that, I have had a hard time searching for the perfect gift. Due to her lack of concern about "stuff" she tends to misplace/lose/give away things all the time. We are not mentioning a certain situation regarding a pair of diamond studs which were loaned to a friend...and forgotten about until packing for college and discovering the friend had no idea what happened to them...or the search for birks that may have been left at so and so's house, or even the phone which had been left countless places. Hence, she IS NOT getting my badge--at least until tile makes an itty bitty tracking device to put on it..

What she does value are people and experiences. She would rather cook a meal together or take a trip than to have something physical. That is the path I am going down--figuring out something perfect to commemorate her initiation.

I did send her a bid day package with a shirt, water bottle and smoothie cup to round out her bid day gifts from her chapter--hat, blanket, shirts, cups, stickers and some other things that she couldn't remember--because unlike my daughter, I really do love stuff. So, the search continues for the perfect way to commemorate initiation...
Old 09-01-2018, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta1234 View Post
Fun stuff! I have been searching for the perfect initiation gift for my daughter.

She's not really into "stuff." Her dorm is a very carefully curated collection of only the things that bring her the greatest joy. She likes simplicity as she says it allows one to "breathe." Let's just say big/little week will be very interesting.

So, knowing that, I have had a hard time searching for the perfect gift. Due to her lack of concern about "stuff" she tends to misplace/lose/give away things all the time. We are not mentioning a certain situation regarding a pair of diamond studs which were loaned to a friend...and forgotten about until packing for college and discovering the friend had no idea what happened to them...or the search for birks that may have been left at so and so's house, or even the phone which had been left countless places. Hence, she IS NOT getting my badge--at least until tile makes an itty bitty tracking device to put on it..

What she does value are people and experiences. She would rather cook a meal together or take a trip than to have something physical. That is the path I am going down--figuring out something perfect to commemorate her initiation.

I did send her a bid day package with a shirt, water bottle and smoothie cup to round out her bid day gifts from her chapter--hat, blanket, shirts, cups, stickers and some other things that she couldn't remember--because unlike my daughter, I really do love stuff. So, the search continues for the perfect way to commemorate initiation...
Your daughter will have a rich life - when I look back at the "gifts" I've been given, it was experiences that meant the most. The time five friends and I sat in the front row for a concert by Chicago screaming our voices off, the Ole Miss football games my family and I went to season after season, the high school study tour in Europe. Priceless indeed. Your daughter is a wise young woman!

As for your badge, I agree with you keeping it... : )

Last edited by NYCMS; 09-02-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
Cute items.
Seriously. I want them all!

As for gifties, I try to get "special" New Members something that they can use now and later on in life, like a ring dish or such. Examples are:

For my little sister's Pi Beta Phi daughter:

For a good friend's Kappa daughter:

For a lovely PNM who went ADPi (the one I found didn't have Tiffany on it, so I wrote the greek ADPi letters on it):

Actually, any ornament that you can picture on the tree of someone in their 30s would work. Etsy has the small gifties as well.