GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,332
2 members and 2,330 guests
TLLK

Old 02-17-2010, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to trelyt226
Starting a colony

My good friends and I are rechartering a chapter of Theta Xi at Clarion University. We need 20 students with a qpa of 2.4 or greater. Currently we have around 13 men that are seriously interested. Does anyone have any advise on getting more quality men involved in my interest group? Things I should mention? Thanks for your help in advance.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-17-2010, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trelyt226 View Post
My good friends and I are rechartering a chapter of Theta Xi at Clarion University. We need 20 students with a qpa of 2.4 or greater. Currently we have around 13 men that are seriously interested. Does anyone have any advise on getting more quality men involved in my interest group? Things I should mention? Thanks for your help in advance.

Talk.to.other.dudes. On campus.

And read the posts at the bottom of the page.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trelyt226 View Post
YAY! I'm a Clarion alum and so glad that the Greek system finally seems to be coming back from the dead.

First of all - you guys have an incredible, involved group of alumni. Don't be afraid to ask them about anything - they may seem older than dirt (LOL) but they'll help you a lot.

Make it a rule that each member has to be involved in another activity on campus - athletics, Clarion Call, hall council, what have you. This is the best way to meet new people, and not just new people, people who are already giving something back to the campus.

Don't run down the other fraternities on campus in any way, i.e. no rush posters that say "not your usual fraternity." Don't get in fights, pissing contests or anything of the kind. You may think they're the biggest douches on earth, but save your venting for when you're alone.

Be nice to ALL the sorority women - not just the ones in the most popular groups. Getting a reputation as good guys really does help a lot, especially since the sororities outnumber the fraternities at this point. Try to avoid hanging out with one sorority too much.

Eat on campus, not in your off campus apartment. Wear letters a lot (if you're allowed). Don't go from class back to your room and stay on the computer all day. Stay in Clarion on the weekends. Make yourself visible as possible.

Good luck!!! I hope it all works out for you!

Last edited by 33girl; 02-17-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
And read the posts at the bottom of the page.
Considering there's only 1 other post at the bottom of the page about starting a FRATERNITY colony, that's not going to help him a hell of a lot.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to trelyt226
Yea I did do alittle searching, but did not find anything that directly related to me. Dont bash me if I missed something please. Thanks for the speedy reply! I already like most of the other fraternitys on campus so I do not think that will be a problem. I have already talked to alot of the alumni and they are a great group of people. It is hard to get people interested in joining a fraternity at Clarion University because of the state the fraternitys are in now. Any other information would be great!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:30 PM

Part of the problem is that it's like the chicken and the egg...people don't want to go Greek because things are such a mess...but things are a mess because no one wants to go Greek and change it. It's a never ending circle.

Have they made any effort to get a new campus life director or Greek advisor, or is Shawn still doing both? That's a big part of the problem. You can private message me if you want.