GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Phi Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,354
1 members and 2,353 guests
No Members online

Old 02-19-2006, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Past Convention Roll Call

Convention Excitement!

...because the International Convention is right around the corner AND we have a wide variety of ages and Deepher-experiences on GC, just for fun, list the conventions you have been to and your most memorable moments from each. If you haven't ever been to a convention, try-try-try your very best to get to Philly this summer...it's the experience of a lifetime!

1989--Chicago: My first experience looking around a room and seeing hundreds of other DPhiEs; Meeting Harriette Hirsch & Rita Rossner; Delegates stayed FOUR to-a-room in those days!

2000--Miami: Meeting the International Executive Council and knowing that I could do "that" someday; Finally meeting a sister in-person who I had talked with weekly+, but had never met.

2002--Orlando: Getting to start doing "that" by being elected; Winning a very special Silent Auction item!

2004--San Antonio: Being totally impressed and overwhelmed to be in the company of so many incredible DPhiEs in one place!

2006--Philadelphia in July: The best is yet to come! "It's About Being Something" is the theme!

Iris
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-20-2006, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

2004 - San Antonio. It was definitely an interesting experience.

Somehow I keep getting to go these things!

2006 - Philadelphia. Very excited, hoping two of the chapter's I work with get some very important awards for this biennium!
Old 02-20-2006, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

orlando 2002- arranged for my chapter to have 17 volunteers; road trip; meeting dawn mcnulty, my first grand chapter, wearing our purple jerseys, meeting and keeping in touch with sisters from around the country

san antonio 2004- meeting mimi, alumnae initiating my friends mother [who's practially my mother], splitting a silent auction item with melissa, being awarded the rita rossner cup, meeting grayson, "here's to the crazy ones", hanging out with all the south florida chapters!

philly 2006- first convention as an alum, at least 10 coming from my chapter [alums & undergrads], running into mimi and melissa, meeting kate, meeting some of the women i have been working with this year, and hopefully meeting fellow greekchatters... i can't wait!!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Denise_DPhiE
1989 - Chicago - I was one of 4 from my chapter. Decided right there I was destined to be a very involved alumna.

1992 - 75th Anniversary convention in NY. I had just finished up a year as a consultant in 1991 and was one of the new member chairs.

I chaired two conventions - I think it was 94 St Louis and 96 Phoenix, AZ. I was on NPC delegation in there for 2 years somewhere.

Been to Orlando and will be at Philadelphia.

Did not make it to San Antonio. Was I at Miami?

I am mising one somewhere and my years are goofy.

Denise
Old 03-09-2006, 10:20 PM
PoohsHoneyBee

2004 - San Antonio: A first for me and my chapter! It was my first convention experience as Pres. and my we had just become a chapter in April.

I was so excited to meet GC DPhiE's!

2006 - Philadelphia: Lets just say I'm keeping my fingers crossed! And I'm hoping to attend with some of my chapter sisters.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Since my good friend started this thread--here I go:

2000 Miami--where I too met a sister I had talked to for MONTHS but never met in person. She is now one of my dearest friends.

2002 Orlando--very humid. And my roommate was always worried about her hair!

2004 San Antonio--my new hometown. It was so wonderful to have my sisters in the Alamo city. Favorite memory--initiating my grandmother!

2006 Philadelphia--I cannot wait because I will share the week with so many wonderful friends...and I know I will meet many more. I am excited for the silent auction (always fun!!) and to spend the week with a sister from my chapter who will be having her first international alumna experience.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Heather17

...much less of a chance to worry about humidity-hair in Philly than in Orlando (or Miami.....or San Antonio.....)!

Iris
Old 03-17-2006, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Heather17

I have never had so many bad hair days in my life as I did at that Convention. The second I walked outside it frizzed right up. And Convention in San Antonion was not much better for bad hair days....

Ok, on to my Convention memories...

1998 - Norfolk, VA - my first convention as a collegiate. It was so much fun, and I managed to take 4 rolls of film over the course of 6 days.

2002 - Orlando - my first convention as alum; enjoyed time with Cathryn, my proverbial Convention/Conference roomie. Loved Disneyworld - hated the bad hair days.

2004 - San Antonio - my first visit to Texas (other than numerous lay overs at DFW), not what I expected at all. Opportunity to meet lots of Greek Chat DPhiEs. Loved leading my regional meetings.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bcdphie
I have never had so many bad hair days in my life as I did at that Convention. The second I walked outside it frizzed right up. And Convention in San Antonion was not much better for bad hair days....
Now you know why Texas women have "big hair"--they really (almost) cannot help it.