GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,199
1 members and 1,198 guests
LaneSig

Old 06-21-2012, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Arizona State Recruitment Dates

I couldn't let our friends from Tucson have all the fun

Arizona State Recruitment Dates:

8/28- Recruitment Orientation

8/31- Panhellenic Round One of Recruitment

9/1- Panhellenic Round Two of Recruitment

9/2- Panhellenic Round Three of Recruitment

9/3- Pahnellenic Round Four (Preference) of Recruitment

9/4- Bid Day 2012!!!!!!

The link to register here http://asupan.com/
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-24-2012, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quota has been greatly increasing at ASU year on year; is it getting to competitive levels of Arizona and SC [and should I link this thread to the my meta-thread on super competitive recruitments

So great to see some PAC12 Panhellenic threads!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28StGreek View Post
Quota has been greatly increasing at ASU year on year; is it getting to competitive levels of Arizona and SC [and should I link this thread to the my meta-thread on super competitive recruitments

So great to see some PAC12 Panhellenic threads!
The answer to your question is yes and no. I think if you go through recruitment at ASU prepared (research, recommendations, the right look, good conversation skills, fully participate and an open mind) you will find a home. It might not be the Chapter you loved during round 1 but you will find a home. Here is what makes it competitive. We still have different size Chapters even after so many years of RFM. At ASU you can have a great college experience without being Greek so a lot of women will drop out of recruitment if they get dropped by the "top" Chapters. Last year the SIP was out of hand in my opinion.

I personally would not go through ASU's without a recommendation letter because of what I said above. The RFM releases after round 1 are massive and those open house rounds are short.

It will be interesting to see how recruitment plays out with the addition of Sigma Kappa into the mix. It will be their first formal recruitment.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

oh the memories of ASU rush...if it not competitive...I really don't want to know what competitive is truly and I went through in '91.

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 06-25-2012, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Well since there isn't a 'scientific'/'official' way of defining super competitive, you've persuaded me! Any way if we can help at least 1 ASU PNM then thats what the meta-thread is there for :-)
Old 06-25-2012, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

^^I'm not sure ASU would qualify for the meta thread. I happen to think ALL recruitments are competitive to a degree. Quota limits the number of PNM's you can take and there are hundreds of VERY qualified women who go through that would make a great addition to any GLO. Unfortunately, many of these women want the same Chapters AND THAT is what makes it competitive.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Ah well, I was just feeling sad that Arizona looked so lonely with only one PAC-12 school represented hehe
Old 06-26-2012, 02:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I can imagine with the addition of Sigma Kappa, this year's recruitment class might break last year's record.

http://www.statepress.com/2011/09/06...e-for-bid-day/

Old 06-26-2012, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXOrushadvisor View Post
^^I'm not sure ASU would qualify for the meta thread. I happen to think ALL recruitments are competitive to a degree. Quota limits the number of PNM's you can take and there are hundreds of VERY qualified women who go through that would make a great addition to any GLO. Unfortunately, many of these women want the same Chapters AND THAT is what makes it competitive.
Do you positively need recs there? Can you sign-up same-day and still make it through with a bid? Are upperclassmen able to get bids? Do the chapter "ranks" ever change?

I think these are some of the more objective ways of determining "super-competitive".
Old 06-26-2012, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

^^no you don't positively need recs. You can not sign up the same day anymore. The cut off is, I believe, after orientation now which is a couple of days before recruitment begins. If you are the total package as an upperclassmen you can get a bid. Here is the story of a junior that went through last year and was unsuccessful. http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=122900. If chapter ranks means tiers no they don't change.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXOrushadvisor View Post
^^no you don't positively need recs. You can not sign up the same day anymore. The cut off is, I believe, after orientation now which is a couple of days before recruitment begins. If you are the total package as an upperclassmen you can get a bid. Here is the story of a junior that went through last year and was unsuccessful. http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=122900. If chapter ranks means tiers no they don't change.
I didn't mean literally same-day, so much as I meant "without months of preparation". From what you are describing, on the whole, I would say it isn't that competitive. I think it sounds like my alma mater, where there can be stiff competition for top chapters and seriously broken hearts, but on the whole, it works out if you keep an open mind.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

ASU recruitment is nothing like the competitiveness of UofA's. Tempe Normal School PNMs have a lot of options if they keep an open mind and I know lots of people who got bids to the chapters they wanted without recs. Recruitment without recs at the better school is being doomed to failure and even with recs and an open mind there aren't a lot of options for many PNMs after second round. So I don't think ASU belongs on that list.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_down View Post
ASU recruitment is nothing like the competitiveness of UofA's. Tempe Normal School PNMs have a lot of options if they keep an open mind and I know lots of people who got bids to the chapters they wanted without recs. Recruitment without recs at the better school is being doomed to failure and even with recs and an open mind there aren't a lot of options for many PNMs after second round. So I don't think ASU belongs on that list.
From what I'm hearing, I agree. I think that some people are confusing "big" with "competitive". A big rush is exhausting and confusing and crazy, but not always cutthroat.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh I knew in the past that ASU isn't as cutthroat as Arizona, (and of course no where near the SEC) but I thought perhaps the situation may have been changing. Plus I am a huge PAC12 supporter [I think the 'competitiveness' may be coming out with all the college football playoff discussion/olympic trials in swimming and athletics going on :-P]

Was it discussed somewhere on the boards that the tightening of entry requirements at some huge greek schools like Texas and UGA may be resulting in a shift of PNM mentality in schools in neighboring states?
Old 06-26-2012, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
I didn't mean literally same-day, so much as I meant "without months of preparation". From what you are describing, on the whole, I would say it isn't that competitive. I think it sounds like my alma mater, where there can be stiff competition for top chapters and seriously broken hearts, but on the whole, it works out if you keep an open mind.
Oh, ha ha, you seriously used to be able to sign up the same day, but it was crazy for us getting the information that late in the game. Yes, I would say it is stiff competition for the top chapters and there are broken hearts but you can find a home with an open mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_down View Post
I do agree with you about recs at UofA. We LOVE to get recs at the better school to the North though I also don't think we belong on that list.