GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,180
1 members and 1,179 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up AI Roll Call

Ok! We lost our great thread which listed all of our successful AIs and all of the people who were potential AIs. So, I decided to take a page from aopirose and try and see if we can get things going again.

I have just set-up a framework here. I know we have a lot more people than this, but I'm sort of going by memory at the moment. I will be taking the time to get everyone on here. Until then, feel free to post your name, or PM me, and I will add you to the list!

~~~ Please keep in mind the following points: ~~~

1) This informational list is presented as a means of celebrating those who have achieved alumni initiation. Out of the hundreds of thousands of fraternity and sorority members in existance, only a small handful are initiated as alumni. Please do not see this long list of names and be fooled into thinking that it is easy to become an AI. The reason that there are many people on this list is because GreekChat has a very large membership base. There are over 49,000 people on GC and 42 AIs listed....that's only .09%.

2) Just because one may see certain sororities represented more frequently on the list, this does NOT imply that they are "easier" to get into. I highly encourage you to evaluate all of your options and seek out an organization you identify with in your heart. Do not go for one because "it looks like they alum initiate more people".

3) Please be advised that this list is for information purposes only - this is NOT a list of people who are willing to sponsor potential AIs. Please refrain from contacting strangers on the internet and asking them if they can help sponsor you. There are several threads in this forum which offer lots of helpful advice on how to approach this process.

Alumni Initiates:

kateshort - ADP
Taualumna - AGD
VandalSquirrel - AGD
Beryana - AOP
AOIISilver - AOP
OleMissGlitter's mother - AOP
TCV - AOP
allyl - AF
Sistermadly - AF
cutiepatootie - AF
MelodyCat - AF
bsp-mich24 - AF
txtiger - AF
Betasigrose - ASA
newsororgal - ASA (initiation TBA)
LouisaMay - ASA
tcsparky - AXD
volgirl2376 - AXD
HelloKitty22 - DDD
Lake - DDD
jhujenn - DDD
Heather17 - DFE
DGMarie - DG
CutiePie2000 - DG
Pink&Blue - DG
JennRN - DG
Brooke - DZ
navane - GFB
houstonchica - GFB
Cluey - GFB
tinydancer - GFB
litlbear1072 - GFB
gpb1874 - GFB
KunjaPrincess - GFB
Trojangal - KD
adduncan - FM
mightymike - PKF
iastategal - SK
flic514 - SSS
ms_gwyn - SSS (initiation TBA)
StumpsGirl - SSS
blueangel - ZTA
bichonl - Delta Delta Delta

Potential New Alumni Members:

pbear19
rebakins
Sahara27
Celestia*Shine
branramb
SisterHavana
LynnCat2000
Breeza00
ragtimerose
starryeyed
SFHopefull!
twocutetx
Rollergirl2001
Scandia
ecupidelta
MJo19

Last updated July 25, 2006

True and Constant

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 02-07-2007 at 02:31 PM. Reason: member's request about her name
Old 09-10-2004, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Thank You navane, this will be listed at the top of Alum AI.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 09-12-2004, 07:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to trojangal
thanks for this listing! It will definitely help us pursuing AI!

Membership in a sorority brings pride and responsibility. Let your actions reflect the same.
CAB, Delta Eta, University of South Florida
Old 09-12-2004, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Thanx for bringing this back! AI lists and info should be a requirement on a board like this.

(And let's make a backup this time. )

--add
Old 09-19-2004, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Dumb question...is it OK to contact someone on this list if we see they were initiated (as an alum) into the group we're interested in? If not, that's OK...

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2004, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lake
Dumb question...is it OK to contact someone on this list if we see they were initiated (as an alum) into the group we're interested in? If not, that's OK...

Thanks!

It's not necessary to contact anyone on the list to find out that info as the group they were initiated into is listed right next to their name.

The purpose of the list is for people to get an idea about how many women on GreekChat have intiated as alumnae it to a wide variety of organizations. It's a celebration of those who are seeking and those who have succeeded.

As for whether or not it is ok to contact people from the list if you are interested in their organization....it's not my place to give the "ok" for that since I have not been given permission by any of the people on the list. I can only speak for myself and say that I am always happy to receive PMs from people who want to know about Gamma Phi Beta.

I hope this helps!

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 09-21-2004, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Quote:
Originally posted by navane
It's not necessary to contact anyone on the list to find out that info as the group they were initiated into is listed right next to their name.

The purpose of the list is for people to get an idea about how many women on GreekChat have intiated as alumnae it to a wide variety of organizations. It's a celebration of those who are seeking and those who have succeeded.

As for whether or not it is ok to contact people from the list if you are interested in their organization....it's not my place to give the "ok" for that since I have not been given permission by any of the people on the list. I can only speak for myself and say that I am always happy to receive PMs from people who want to know about Gamma Phi Beta.

I hope this helps!

.....Kelly
I am always willing to share what Phi Mu has to offer to those who are interested in learning more. The journey is not always a rapid one, the letters may not always be the right fit - but keep looking, it is well worth the effort.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for adding me
Old 09-24-2004, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I am currently an undergrad, but I am looking into AI for when I get to grad school...Any suggestions?
Old 09-24-2004, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
A good place to start is...where are you located, and where did you got to school...do you know any current alums of a GLO?

Quote:
Originally posted by LynnCat2000
I am currently an undergrad, but I am looking into AI for when I get to grad school...Any suggestions?
Old 09-24-2004, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LynnCat2000

Welcome to GC!

I think I can help with this one as I tried to start my search as an undergrad. First off, each sorority sets it's own policy - you would have to check directly with the groups you're interested in. However, the general theme is that AI is for people who are not currently eligible for NPC membership. That includes being an undergraduate.

Therefore, you are not likely to be eligible for AI until you graduate. There is not really anything you can do right now other then review the websites of the sororities which offer AI and see which ones interest you and then just sit tight.

If you contact the ones you're interested in now, you'll probably only be told that you're not eligible and to please contact them again after you've graduated. I wouldn't recommend contacting the local alumnae association of the organization you're interested in to try and get a "head start" because they'd only be confused about what you're doing. I suppose an exception would be if you happen to have a good friend or relative in the alumnae association who would like to take you to events. Otherwise, the associations sometime have a hard time grasping the concept of alumna initiation let alone why an unaffiliated undergraduate wants to participate.

I hope that doesn't sound too disappointing. I don't mean it to be...it's just the way things go. How much longer do you have until you graduate?

The other question I have is whether or not you have particpated in sorority recruitment at your college.

Please start a new thread for yourself in this forum so that we can follow along with you and give you tailored advice. Every AI deserves to have her own thread!

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 10-04-2004, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Breeza00
I am looking into becoming a PNM!
Old 10-06-2004, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

WHY is congayo on this list? Does anyone else not remember that Hot Mess from last year?
Old 10-06-2004, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
WHY is congayo on this list? Does anyone else not remember that Hot Mess from last year?
Uhhhhh....guess not?

--add (who really tries to avoid mess )
Old 10-06-2004, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin

Well, I'm not in the GreekChat "in crowd", so I never hear about half of the inside jokes and "hot messes". I don't know anything about congayo other than she had posted here about wanting to be an AI.
Ok then.....obviously I must have missed something so I'll take her down.

mshoole is still listed too - I figured I'd remove her if it had turned out that she wasn't telling the truth.

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Closed Thread