GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 1,208
0 members and 1,208 guests
No Members online

Old 10-20-2004, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Convention - Who's already confirmed to go?

Chicago was awesome, one of the best times ever. But something tells me Houston is going to be even better.

If anyone has any info on how it is down in Austin, let us know so we have a taste of what we're in store for.

Well, I definitely know I'm going. Our whole e-board is pretty much required to go too, so it's going to be great to have some chapter bros along with me as we head down there.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-25-2004, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rock Knobbster
As it stands right now, I'm planning to attend. I'm interested to see the undergrads perception of the service level from National, given the promises made in Chicago. Also, with the recent tragic deaths in the Greek system, there will be a lot of discussion about how we can work to keep these senseless deaths from happening. I'm looking forward to seeing you again Stan.

YITBOS,

Jim Knoll '83
Gamma Epsilon - San Jose State
Old 12-10-2004, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Nationals needs to get on the ball and post some info on the website about the convention. We have a newly revamped ACB that is really excited about it, and we will probably get about 2 or 3 guys to go, at minimum.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Registration for the 2005 Convention is now up on the website, although all other convention info is still missing.

I would like to make a comment that our website, as a means of communication, is not being used to its fullest potential. When you have stuff from 2002-03, what's the point? We should be able to look at least weekly and get some updates on how we're doing. We've never done a good job with the site.

I look forward to meeting you all in person in Austin.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm really looking forward to making it down to Convention. It's going to be a great time. This will be the first one since I stopped working at the Headquarters, so I'm looking forward to not having to work the event. There is so much that goes into putting it on, that I'm excited to be able to enjoy it this year.

As for the post about not utilizing the web site effectively Jim, I'd like to just ask that if you feel this way, that you should call the Headquarters and let them know your concerns. By just posting on this web site, nothing's going to get done. The person to contact would be Kara Baker, baker@deltasig.org, or (317) 634-1899 x425.

I would have loved to hear your ideas and thoughts about what I could have done better on the web site while I was working there, but I never heard any concerns. The only way things get done is by people voicing their concerns to the people that can make something happen, and not just post thoughts on a message board that the Headquarters will not see.

This is not meant to be a negative post, but rather one that just says that by communicating with the Headquarters, things can get done. So many times whlie I worked there, people said that the HQ did a bad job of communicating, but effective communication is two-way communication, and when the HQ never hears what people's thoughts are, there is no way that they can do a good job at addressing concerns.

Anyway, I hope to see everyone in Austin. Happy Holidays!

YITBOS
Bruce Hammond
Alpha Eta '98
Former Director of Communications, Delta Sigma Phi Headquarters

Last edited by ahdeltasig; 12-20-2004 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

BEH...how's Ada?

I have my room reserved for Austin and I will be registering soon for Convention. Fellas, I encourage all of you to go to Convention - you'll have a blast and you'll get to meet some really great men who are devoted to Delta Sig.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Bruce,

Thank you for your comments. While I may not have communicated my concerns about our website to you personally, believe me when I say I have expressed them to Jon Hockman, several GC members, and others in the past.

I think it is obvious upon inspection that we can do better with our site. We should benchmark against what some of the other fraternities are doing. I think a lot of members don't even go to our site regularly, because there is rarely new info. I was pleased to see the registration is up and online, but nothing else.

This forum is a good opportunity to begin discussion on things that can be addressed at convention. I hope more members will bring up important issues so we can begin a debate and carry it through to Austin. I look forward to seeing you there.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Horns180
Oooooooooh Convention, I hope alot of change comes around this next year.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Looking forward to it

Jim-

Thanks for responding. After reading my post, I realized that it might be taken the wrong way, and I'm glad to see that's not the case.

I agree with your point about us needing to do a better job with what we have, and hope that this message board is a place where we can discuss some things that are important to everyone involved in the fraternity.

I look forward to some spirited debates at Convention, culminating with doing what's best for the fraternity. I'll look forward to seeing you there as well!

YITBOS
Bruce
Old 06-06-2005, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

BUMP

So, who's going now?

Last edited by DeltaSigStan; 06-06-2005 at 02:23 AM.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll be there Stan. Looking forward to it.

Austin is a really fun place with lots to do. 6th Street is where a lot of the cool bars are, and I hear that we're not too far from there at the hotel.

Anyway, look forward to seeing everyone there in a few weeks...

YITBOS
Old 06-13-2005, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SMClark - tau
tau chapter will be there

hey guys, we're sending 3 brothers, myself included. Can't wait to meet as many of you as I can!
YITBOS,
Seth