GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,439
1 members and 1,438 guests
No Members online

Old 09-06-2007, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

disaffiliate then rejoin?

Hi, I looked in all the other KKG forums and couldn't find an answer to my question so I guess I have to start a new thread. I joined Kappa in Fall '06 and unfortunately had to DA for financial reasons. However, unexpectedly, my parents are now more financially secure and would be able to help me pay my dues. My question is, is disaffiliation completely permanent? Is there any way I can rejoin my chapter now that I have the available funds to be an active member? Thanks girls
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-06-2007, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I've known two women who DA'ed for financial reasons that later came back to Kappa and were tried&true blue&blue. I would recommend asking HQ directly via phone as to how to proceed. It may give you the quickest and most complete answer. Hope this helps!!
Old 09-08-2007, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlvn87 View Post
Hi, I looked in all the other KKG forums and couldn't find an answer to my question so I guess I have to start a new thread. I joined Kappa in Fall '06 and unfortunately had to DA for financial reasons. However, unexpectedly, my parents are now more financially secure and would be able to help me pay my dues. My question is, is disaffiliation completely permanent? Is there any way I can rejoin my chapter now that I have the available funds to be an active member? Thanks girls
The process of reinstatement depends upon what procedure you went through when you were undergoing financial problems.

First, you need to know that there is no such term as "disaffiliate" in Kappa Kappa Gamma. You may go on Special Status, Associate Status, or you may Resign Your Membership.

If you went on Special or Associate Status (which is a status you would have applied for through your home chapter), then the terms of that Status should be clearly spelled out in the contract you signed. In this case, you'll simply have to fulfill the terms of that contract, and you'll be a fully active member once again. You may wish to speak to your Chapter President, your Chapter Council Advisor/Advisory Board Chairman, or your local Province Director of Chapters about this matter if this is the route you took.

If you formally resigned your membership, that is another matter altogether, and requires you to reapply for membership to Kappa's Fraternity Council. In this case, you'll want to call HQ at 1-866-KKG-1870 to ask them what steps you need to take to request that your membership be reinstated.

I hope this is helpful to you. Best of luck as you sort through this issue.