GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Beta > Beta Sigma Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,490
0 members and 2,490 guests
No Members online

Old 06-30-2011, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Question about joining

For several years, I have been interested in joining Beta Sigma Phi, and I submitted my info to International a couple of times, but once no one contacted me and a second time, only one chapter a considerable distance from me contacted me. I recently submitted my info on the redesigned site (and was impressed with all the chapters that are actually near me that I had no idea about!) and in the past two days, I've heard from two chapters that said I will be invited to a meeting when they start meeting again in the fall. At this point, I really know nothing about either chapter. My question is, is it acceptable to meet both chapters (and others, if I get the chance) and then decide where I'd be the best match, or is that a faux pas? I don't want to step on anyone's toes.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-01-2011, 06:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyday View Post
For several years, I have been interested in joining Beta Sigma Phi, and I submitted my info to International a couple of times, but once no one contacted me and a second time, only one chapter a considerable distance from me contacted me. I recently submitted my info on the redesigned site (and was impressed with all the chapters that are actually near me that I had no idea about!) and in the past two days, I've heard from two chapters that said I will be invited to a meeting when they start meeting again in the fall. At this point, I really know nothing about either chapter. My question is, is it acceptable to meet both chapters (and others, if I get the chance) and then decide where I'd be the best match, or is that a faux pas? I don't want to step on anyone's toes.
If you are in school or have a certain work schedule that may hinder you from joining a specific chapter-just go to the ones that are best for your schedule. Otherwise, you are still a Beta Sigma Phi, which means, you are still a sister in BSP to all of the women. Good luck! I love my sisters and it's an older chapter but, they are so sweet to me!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

You can definitely spend time getting to know all the chapters in your area. I know I felt an immediate pull to one over the other, but I see sisters from multiple chapters at all kinds of events - so it's not just a "my chapter" type of relationship! Welcome to the sisterhood
Life, learning, and friendship
I'm on a journey - follow my progress
Old 07-04-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyday View Post
My question is, is it acceptable to meet both chapters (and others, if I get the chance) and then decide where I'd be the best match, or is that a faux pas? I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

It absolutely acceptable to visit both chapters and others should you be invited to do so before making a decision about joining.

I submitted my information to HQ just like you when I was seeking information about joining. I visited two chapters before making my decision. This year that chapter I joined folded, and I was invited to all but one of the other chapters here to visit as a transferee. Some I couldnt visit because they met during the day while I was working, but I did visit all of the evening meeting chapters and found my new chapter that way.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the info. I'm excited to move forward!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm also interested in joining Beta Sigma Phi, but because my husband's in the army, I'm looking into the possibility of joining an online chapter. I've tried filling out the form from International though and no one has gotten back to me. What should I do?
Old 10-20-2011, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

http://www.betajournal.com/memberap.htm

That link takes you to an online chapter application, but I'm not 100% positive it's still in use. Some of the links don't go to the sites, and some of the chapters that are listed as not having a website do. Online Xi has links on their page to all of the chapters. They can be found here:

http://bsponlinexi.com/

Some of these sites have email contacts listed so that you can express interest to a current member. If they have openings and choose to let you visit/join, they will help you become a member.

Also, you can register as a Member At Large with International while you are waiting to hear back from a chapter. That way you are a sister, you just aren't affiliated with a chapter yet. Finally, calling International can be more effective than email or applications. Depending on when you sent the application, they may not have gotten it yet. I would call the 816 number found here:

http://www.betasigmaphi.org/ContactUs.php

Good luck!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

You can register at International through here https://bspinternational.org/pledgepayment/ and then join Online Omicron because we are awesome -
Old 02-16-2012, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I am in online omicron!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas View Post
I am in online omicron!
And we are awesome!
Old 02-20-2012, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! Have fun