GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,128
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, baadamashtolzea
» Online Users: 1,349
3 members and 1,346 guests
baadamashtolzea, indygphib, Sarak24034
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Is it near impossible to join an NPC as an alumnae initiate?

Just curious...
Old 05-10-2019, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingkappa View Post
Just curious...
For many organizations, yes. You must have strong, deep ties to a chapter, a history of service and support. Some organizations are looser with their policies. AI is not something just handed out because someone wants to join.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

As a Kappa, I’m guessing?
Old 05-10-2019, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think that KKG AIs.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

It varies from group to group. In Alpha Gam, you need to have a "sponsor" and have attended alumnae chapter/club events a certain number of times. The motivation to initiate alumnae is for women who will be involved at the alumnae level, not just someone wanting to wear certain letters, so say she is a so and so. I believe that most of our alumnae initiates are sisters, mothers or daughters of Alpha Gams.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Just curious...
I'm not sure why Beta Sigma Phi isn't enough for you--

Also, you already asked this and we gave you answers. And we are not "candy" in a store to be chosen from.

Last edited by carnation; 05-10-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
It varies from group to group. In Alpha Gam, you need to have a "sponsor" and have attended alumnae chapter/club events a certain number of times. The motivation to initiate alumnae is for women who will be involved at the alumnae level, not just someone wanting to wear certain letters, so say she is a so and so. I believe that most of our alumnae initiates are sisters, mothers or daughters of Alpha Gams.
Very helpful, and completely understandable. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I'm not sure why Beta Sigma Phi isn't enough for you--

Also, you already asked this and we gave you answers. And we are not "candy" in a store to be chosen from.
I didn't already ask this. And I certainly don't view sorority as candy. Not sure where you're getting that twisted impression. Although, I imagine there probably are people like that and I can respect your experience being treated as such.

As for BSP, I'm giving it everything I've got, but I recently met someone in both BSP and ASA--her story piqued my interest and prompted my question.

Clearly, she didn't go to the Greek candy store, so to speak. But, if it's in me to be that person, I'm up for the commitment.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Old 04-21-2019, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, everyone. I thought I missed the opportunity to be part of a sorority As a junior transfer. I had no idea that orgs like BSP and ESA existed.

I did join BSP, and in “digging in” I learned about NPC alum chapters too. I have that kid in a candy store vibe about me right now. I’m interested in learning...

I have been working on an update to an old but popular Greek Chat post about sorority after college. It was so helpful, but also dated at this point. I’ve been on this quest to update with more info in case it helps others.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

You have posted this EXACT question on the reddit sorority subreddit and were given the answer time and time again. On that thread in particular, at least 3 KKG members told you for a fact that they did not do Alumnae initiation. You can post questions like this as much as you would like, but KKG won’t change.

Last edited by DoeofDenmark; 05-10-2019 at 08:12 PM. Reason: I misspelt something :)
Old 05-10-2019, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
Truth. I need to up my involvement with the alumnae chapter. Ever since I left teaching, I've always been traveling for work when chapter meetings are happening.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post

Old 04-21-2019, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, everyone. I thought I missed the opportunity to be part of a sorority As a junior transfer. I had no idea that orgs like BSP and ESA existed.

I did join BSP, and in “digging in” I learned about NPC alum chapters too. I have that kid in a candy store vibe about me right now. I’m interested in learning...

I have been working on an update to an old but popular Greek Chat post about sorority after college. It was so helpful, but also dated at this point. I’ve been on this quest to update with more info in case it helps others.
I am excited by opportunities I never knew I had. That's what I meant by my comment. Apologies if that came across too literally. I have a lot of passion for a community of women that serve their communities and lift each other up all the same. At least most of the women I've met are that way.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:

As for BSP, I'm giving it everything I've got, but I recently met someone in both BSP and ASA--her story piqued my interest and prompted my question.

Clearly, she didn't go to the Greek candy store, so to speak. But, if it's in me to be that person, I'm up for the commitment.
Girrrrrl, no. Just no. ASA is not your backup plan. One person does not reflect the opinion of the rest of the sorority.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

SeekingKappa has nothing to do with KKG, btw. It references the Kappa chapter of one specific sorority at the college I attended.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Girrrrrl, no. Just no. ASA is not your backup plan. One person does not reflect the opinion of the rest of the sorority.
Not an opinion. For her it was enriching experiences and honor. I just thought it was cool.
Closed Thread