GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,231
1 members and 2,230 guests
Xidelt

Old 07-01-2008, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Rushing a Fraternity after Disassociating

My freshman year I was promised the experience greek life by a "no-rush fraternity". I was part of the first chapter at my university, and never really got to know much about the organization because there is no pledge process, you just sign up and your in.
After a year in, I have discovered that this was not the experience I was promised. Few, if any, of the brothers live up to the values they took an oath to, in large part because there was no pledge process to weed out those not committed to the ideas. I have begun spending time with others on campus and have found a group that lives up to the ideals of their organization and would like to rush it. If I get a letter of disassociation from my national headquarters, would I be able to rush another group?
Let me break down some quick facts:
-Joined as a freshman without pledging
-Went through the first of three rites
-Never developed a sense of loyalty to the fraternity because no one pledged and the organization never really coalesced into a unit.
-Now wish to disassociate with that organization and rush another one so that I can be involved in a true "greek" organization.
-Both are members of NIC

Last edited by Ramz0611; 07-02-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-01-2008, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

short answer: most likely not.

use the search function, this questions been done to death and there are a bunch of threads with the same information.

Did you know if you watch jaws backwards, its a movie about a shark that throws up so many people that they have to build a beach?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Unregistered-

Without knowing anything about the two fraternities involved, it would all depend on this new fraternity's rules and how the chapter brothers feel about your situation.

Even if you're technically allowed to do so, it won't matter if the brothers don't like the fact that you're already a member of another fraternity.