GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 935
0 members and 935 guests
No Members online

Old 10-18-2014, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm keeping a positive outlook as I feel like every recruitment, someone falls through the cracks. That was probably the case for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
I'm a big believer that everything happens for a reason and this may be a blessing in disguise. I wish you the best when you re-rush in the spring.
This is exactly what my mother has been telling me ever since I dropped. I totally believe that this is the best advise anyone could give. Like I said, I do not regret my dropping out at all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Absolutely not trying to out the OP but does anyone know if her campus just began using RFM? That might have been a factor in so many drops until they get the kinks worked out.
Well, I'm not sure what RFM means, but we have been using the same recruitment system (computer based bidding and such) for three years now. I think that some chapters did not do a great job at recruiting in the earlier rounds (Jason Aldean only having PNMs talk to one member, doubling up PNMs in other chapters, etc). Also, a lot of the girls were overly concerned about where the sororities "placed" among the others which led to over 30 PNMs (of around 250) dropping out after round 1.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_96 View Post
Well, I'm not sure what RFM means, but we have been using the same recruitment system (computer based bidding and such) for three years now. I think that some chapters did not do a great job at recruiting in the earlier rounds (Jason Aldean only having PNMs talk to one member, doubling up PNMs in other chapters, etc). Also, a lot of the girls were overly concerned about where the sororities "placed" among the others which led to over 30 PNMs (of around 250) dropping out after round 1.
RFM is (to over-oversimplify) a formula where the sororities that have the most people wanting to return to their parties are not allowed to over-invite, so the PNMs can give a look to other groups and not have false expectations. It's one of the best things NPC has ever implemented but when schools start using it, sometimes there are growing pains.

As far as Jason, it only makes sense that they would match you up with someone you didn't know. I doubt very much that her opinion was the only thing that got you dropped from that group if you knew many members previously.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
RFM is (to over-oversimplify) a formula where the sororities that have the most people wanting to return to their parties are not allowed to over-invite, so the PNMs can give a look to other groups and not have false expectations. It's one of the best things NPC has ever implemented but when schools start using it, sometimes there are growing pains.

As far as Jason, it only makes sense that they would match you up with someone you didn't know. I doubt very much that her opinion was the only thing that got you dropped from that group if you knew many members previously.
Okay for a PNM the RFM is over my head lol. But with the Jason Aldean chapter, I understand why I was dropped, I just feel bad for a lot of the other girls who didn't know any of the girls and were stuck only talking to one person for the entire party only to be dropped. I don't know, that's just how I saw it.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

I hope we hear if this girl rushes again!