GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 308,582
Threads: 114,856
Welcome to our newest member, kendraallen

Old 06-04-2003, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm ashamed to admit that the ending of this episode made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Man that was the crapiest piece of crap I 've seen.

Steve, why were you all suprised that you didn't get in? All you did was bitch and complain the whole time. Then at the end you were "shocked" because you didn't give it 100% What a tool.

And then you didn't even have the common decency to tell you pledge brothers what happen. Tool

The brothers of Sigma Chi Omega- way to be passive-agressive about the whole thing. You clearly did not want Steve as a brother. So why after the vote, you guys looked like you lost your best friend? If you really thought Steve would have been a good asset to the group, you would have pulled him aside long before the pledge exam like you did Earl. Tools

The Epsilon Class of Sigma Chi Omega-Way to go. Glad you guys didn't walk. Cause do you honestly think that if the situation was reverse, Steve would have done the same thing for you?

Last edited by tnxbutterfly; 06-05-2003 at 12:14 AM.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
Ugh I can't believe I missed the ending? Did everyone besides Steve make it in?
Old 06-05-2003, 12:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to EagleChick19
Quote:
Originally posted by erniegurl00
Ugh I can't believe I missed the ending? Did everyone besides Steve make it in?
Yes, everyone else did.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

That must have been an AMAZING ceremony.

p.s. - I kinda feel bad for Steve
Old 06-05-2003, 01:03 AM

awwww, boys are so cute when they hug and get emotional and stuff.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Did anyone else think that was a pretty anti-climactic ending...

I also thought it was pretty shitty that they used Steve's pledge test as the reason not to let him in, and then told him and everyone else that. If that's all they needed, I feel sorry for the brotherhood of SXO b/c there is more to it than knowing your shit, and deep down they're only fooling themselves if the only reason Steve didn't get in was due to failing a test.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:23 AM
That1LoudChick

Quote:
Originally posted by Betarulz!
Did anyone else think that was a pretty anti-climactic ending...

I also thought it was pretty shitty that they used Steve's pledge test as the reason not to let him in, and then told him and everyone else that. If that's all they needed, I feel sorry for the brotherhood of SXO b/c there is more to it than knowing your shit, and deep down they're only fooling themselves if the only reason Steve didn't get in was due to failing a test.
I liked the last episode! It was great! It reminded me of my own ititiation! I loved seeing so many guys filled with such emotion that all they could do was hug each other! How beautiful!

In reference to Steve- I think it was more than just failing the pledge test, it was a matter of Steve just seeming like he truly was not interested in becoming a brother of SCW. I honestly perceived him as the person who just wanted to be on TV.

Also, I think the brothers looked so sad because they told him that him couldn't be a part of their family. If you were to be in their shoes, wouldn't you look a little somber as opposed to being all "Ding ding, the dick is gone!"

Last edited by That1LoudChick; 06-05-2003 at 01:30 AM.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:19 AM
GreekChat Member

I liked the last episode. It made the boys seem like they almost had feelings. Plus, I liked how all the guys were happy and huggy and crying when they were initiated. That was really sweet
Old 06-05-2003, 03:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Betarulz!

I agree with you -- but I don't think that the failed test was the only reason he didn't get in. When the brother was holding up Steve's test and saying, "Look, the reason we didn't vote Steve in is because he failed the test, right?" my interpretation of that situation was, "Well, there are those of us who just don't want Steve as a brother, but the official line is going to be that he's not in because he didn't know his stuff." I think the guy wanted to soften the blow a little bit, and that none of them wanted to tell him, "Well, we decided we just don't like you that much and we don't want you to be a brother."

Honestly, if it was one of the other guys (besides Earl) who had failed the pledge test, they probably would have voted him in anyway. But Steve made it pretty clear that he wasn't going to give it his all. And honestly, after all the lineups they had drilling them on the history of the fraternity, if he doesn't know his stuff by now, that says something about either his intelligence or his motivation.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I missed the finale! When are they going to show it again?

The Trolls have taken over the Asylum!
Old 06-05-2003, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gamma_girl52 Send a message via Yahoo to gamma_girl52
Well I'm personally happy that Steve got voted out-I don't think he was feeling it like everybody else was. What if he did get voted in? I feel he would have been a pretty unproductive brother and who needs that? True, I found it a little shady about the pledge test...but hey.

I admit I walked away with a much better feeling than I did with SL:2...nice to see the guys be really happy about being brothers and being greek period. I thought Jarreau said some great stuff about Greek life!

And hey...it wouldn't be a picture perfect night without hitting those bars

Are they still suspended now at UB or what. What's the status?
Also I wanna know! Wonder if Tim and Nicole are still an "item"...

Way to go Epsilons!!! Enjoy SXO!!!

"Life is filled with many things to Befriend, Love, and Serve..."
Old 06-05-2003, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to zchi2
Quote:
Originally posted by tnxbutterfly

The brothers of Sigma Chi Omega- way to be passive-agressive about the whole thing. You clearly did not want Steve as a brother. So why after the vote, you guys looked like you lost your best friend? If you really thought Steve would have been a good asset to the group, you would have pulled him aside long before the pledge exam like you did Earl. Tools
I understand what you are saying but Earl definetely showed a little be more that he actually wanted to apart of the fraternity. Why tell someone that they should show it better that they want to be apart of something when they never act like it? It's kind of hard to make someone do something that they don't want to do on their own. Even though the guys didn't want him in the fraternity, I'm sure it still was hard to say that he couldn't continue the process. I was personally happy to see that he didn't get in. I wish that they could of kicked him out a lot sooner though.

I LOVED the last episode. It seemed like the guys were more happy to get in than the ladies in SL1 and SL2 combined. Guys bonding: It's a beautiful sight.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zchi2
I LOVED the last episode. It seemed like the guys were more happy to get in than the ladies in SL1 and SL2 combined. Guys bonding: It's a beautiful sight.
For all the crap they had to go through to get in, they should be happy it's over
Old 06-05-2003, 12:37 PM
Ginger

oh, shoot! I forgot to watch! Ack!