GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,322
4 members and 1,318 guests
Cookiez17, g41965, Xidelt

Old 03-30-2012, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

RUSH

Hello, I am a Rush Chair for my local Sorority we have been around for a little while but we have lately gone threw some major changes to up our numbers and over all have a better image on campus. I am new to Greek life and would love some suggestions of activities to do with the prospects. Our rush is a little different because of our size we are doing two to three events a week for weeks some of those events we would like to combined with the fraternity on campus. Any suggestions would be wonderful! Thank You so much XOXO.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Buy "I Heart Recruitment"

Read this thread:
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=125345
Old 03-31-2012, 01:31 AM

First thing: STOP doing 2-3 events a week. It's the best way to get chapter members burned out, frustrated and sick of anything that has anything to do with rushing prospective members.

The best way to rush? Talk to women you know and who you think might be great members. Get to know them. Help them to get to know you. THAT'S IT. "Activities" do nothing but put that off.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

33 is right, of course. Work on having bigger more successful events but less often. If you're having stuff that often, you're liking getting only 2 or 3 girls each time which probably doesn't sit well with the rushees. Otherwise, your members should be rushing 24/7, by always looking presentable, putting their best foot forward, being nice, smart girls, and going out of their way to meet the girls they encounter at school, in class, in the library, the cafeteria, wherever.