GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,264
2 members and 2,262 guests
Kevin, Titchou

Old 08-26-2006, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

How do you go about receiving money for a charity from Wal Mart? What department would you need to contact? Also, many of you talk about receiving donations from local businesses in the community for projects. This seems like a great way to avoid loosing any money off of philanthropy events, but I'm not sure what the best way to get donations is. Any suggestions?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-26-2006, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Talk with the Local Managers of each Store along with Grocery Sores.

If it is for a Charity Event, they will be usually ahppy to allow you to place barrells for canned goods to be dropped into opn the way out.

Why, it means more sales for them. Sometimes, they will give a % of sales for a period of time to go towards these events as they can be written off by stores.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 04-11-2007, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Our chapter (as well as a lot of other GLO at my college) does a Friendly's Fundraiser

With the Friendly's Fundraiser you pick a day (M-R) and between the times of 5pm-8pm you earn 10% of everything sold there. Meaning, anyone that orders take-out, dines there, anyone. It's an easy way to make a few quick bucks, but you can only earn a lot of money when you do this a few times throughout the year.

We have also sold Yankee Candles (40% Profit).

If you're looking to go somewhere for the day/night a lot of entertainment venues will pay around $50/person for a few hours of work. If you go to a concert venue, you get to see a free concert too.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Dunk tank

I'm the current director of development at Delta Sigma Phi in Milwaukee, I do the fundraisers and rush. I've just started up two new fundraisers. The first one is simple, we do a 50/50 raffle for sports events. For those of you don't know what that is, it's just another raffle, but 50% of the money in sales goes to the winner. This increases attendance at games, and gets some really easy money. You would just need to obtain a raffle license from your state.
The second one I've just started up a dunk tank. I schedule professors and staff to be dunked, and rent a tank from a local vender. Our school has a designated "free hour" and we run it through that time. Sell balls to students walking through the campus.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ADPi Conniebama
5K fundraiser for philanthropy

Runners are crazy interested in 5K and 10K events - winter, spring, summer, or fall - if it is properly measured and accredited by whatever local group checking that stuff then "they will come."

Positives
- T-shirts have your org name on them (good pr)
- $ comes from runners and advertisers (win-win)
- the local runners group will do most of the work (i.e. measuring, location, numbers, advise)
- it is only one day of real, time involved, work.
- healthy and good for members
- includes people outside of the greek system.

If it is done right 5K events are wonderful and a great fundraisers.