GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,155
1 members and 1,154 guests
Low D Flat

Old 12-03-2011, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Pledging at another school

Ok. so i attend a university that for the most part only accepts legacy applications. the very few nonlegacy applicants all happen to be close friends with the girls who are already members. they will not be having a line a next year and the following year is my last opportunity because the grad school i will be attending does not have greek life because they frown upon it. i was curious as to how i could go about becoming a member of the organization without having to transfer schools. any help?!!?
Old 12-03-2011, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess.bak26 View Post
Ok. so i attend a university that for the most part only accepts legacy applications. the very few nonlegacy applicants all happen to be close friends with the girls who are already members. they will not be having a line a next year and the following year is my last opportunity because the grad school i will be attending does not have greek life because they frown upon it. i was curious as to how i could go about becoming a member of the organization without having to transfer schools. any help?!!?
If you're using the word "line," then you probably need to visit that organization's website for more information.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

In other words, you don't know. I said what I meant to say. Saying they are not having a line is the same thing as them not having intake. Getting caught up on wording instead of just saying you don't know. Go NOT answer somebody else's question.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
In other words, you don't know. I said what I meant to say. Saying they are not having a line is the same thing as them not having intake. Getting caught up on wording instead of just saying you don't know. Go NOT answer somebody else's question.
Bless your heart.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Actually he did answer the question. That is the best answer you are going to get. He focused on the not having a line because that indicates the proper answer in this type of situation.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You will never be chosen.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Wow. Just wow.

Too bad she doesn't realize how very correct his answer was.

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 12-03-2011, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
If you're this rude in real life, it's no wonder....
Old 12-03-2011, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No, in other words, he knew exactly. He said what he meant to say. Saying you should visit the organization's website for more information is the same thing as NPHCers never answer questions about intake on GreekChat. Getting caught up in your laughable attitude is just saying you're clueless.

Go NOT become Greek.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

[ ] Told
[ ] Not Told
[X] Stone Told Steve Austin
Old 12-03-2011, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it is great you would want to join a sorority but aren't you too far in your college credits to transfer? Also, i'm not sure of any chapter that allows grad students. I am sure if you develop strong friendships with these girls and are being yourself you could break the legacy only restrictions but why would you only want to join a sorority if they say they only want certain people? Junior and Senior year is very busy with a job, finishing school, family, and just life so I wish you luck in anything you do!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie_tuck View Post
Also, i'm not sure of any chapter that allows grad students.
And yet they exist. I'm going to guess from the assumptions that seem to underlie your post that you are a member of an NPC sorority. The OP is not asking about an NPC sorority. Apples and oranges.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
And yet they exist. I'm going to guess from the assumptions that seem to underlie your post that you are a member of an NPC sorority. The OP is not asking about an NPC sorority. Apples and oranges.
Not to mention that there actually are NPC groups that take grad students.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie_tuck View Post
I think it is great you would want to join a sorority but aren't you too far in your college credits to transfer? Also, i'm not sure of any chapter that allows grad students. I am sure if you develop strong friendships with these girls and are being yourself you could break the legacy only restrictions but why would you only want to join a sorority if they say they only want certain people? Junior and Senior year is very busy with a job, finishing school, family, and just life so I wish you luck in anything you do!
Out-of-lane newbie or sockpuppet?